User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 May 2009, 16:50   #51
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: OOGOOA defence / support planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
thanks. a record is a record man.

Also, I dont get how u can call me bitter, or making this up to be a big thing. I asked a question. I dont think there should be any enforced midround change. And I have never said I wanted that.
Its not like AD is so busy, that a discussion about this was totally out of order. Seing how both eXi r15 and Asc r31 are using the same thing for their benefit, just that the results of their use is very different.
I think the safest conclusion here is that the current multihunting team would consider that the decision made in r15 was the wrong one. Certainly when I think of what the support planet rule was eventually decided to be
Quote:
- Defence support planets are those defending roughly more than the minimum of either 3 times per week or 25% of their defence fleet out of galaxy and alliance.
I'm 100% sure nobody has defended Ascendancy out of tag 3 times per week. The second one doesn't actually make sense to me. Over 25% of fleets over the round out of gal and out of alliance to the same alliance constitutes being a support planet sort of makes sense except for the fact you can only decide that when the round is over. I guess you could pick an arbitrary point but that would probably mean ****ing hundreds of planets would get closed as out of tag+gal deffing is fairly rare and there's probably loads of planets with 1 or 2 def fleets out of tag/gal sent which would all then meet the second criteria.

Also I was calling you a bitter ass because it's hardly a coincidence you're making this thread about Ascendancy this round and didn't make it about Omen last round.
Unread 7 May 2009, 17:02   #52
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont think Omen got more than tops 1 def fleet from out of tag all last round m8 ( we prolly had more, but not alot at all. Nothing compared to asc this round anyway, not that I m saying asc are getting alot out of tag def fleets ) Those out of tag just attacked / waited to be added to tag. Last round this wasnt the case at all really. The "support" omen had from out of tag was people in other tags and Factory group who attacked with us for a week or so.+ a couple of others I added as I kicked idiots who crashed. Most were recruited as round progressed though, so we never had near the same amount of planets out of tag.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2009, 17:16   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How much "support" do you think Ascendancy are getting?
Unread 7 May 2009, 17:19   #54
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

[15:23:19] <Hunter> asc having ~120 planets
[15:23:33] <@Wishmaster> they have more planets out of tag than we have in our tag
[15:23:40] <Angmar`> haha
[15:23:41] <Hunter> plus late starters starting now
[15:23:44] <@Wishmaster> ye
[15:23:50] <Hunter> which will add another 20 or so
[15:23:52] <Angmar`> thats ****ed up wish :P
[15:23:53] <Angmar`> but funny
[15:24:04] <@Wishmaster> we can fight the out of tag ascs!!!

not much but I honestly wonder if this round, asc suddenly stopped taking inn their normal amount of late starters?

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 7 May 2009, 17:40   #55
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
what the **** is the difference? More players than the tag limidt will give an "unfair" advantage even if they build 1 or 2 types of ships you retard.
You asked what the difference was compared to the round it was brought in i answered it you idiot. Learn to read and answer the question i asked provide evidence before coming on the forums like a spoilt little child.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2009, 17:43   #56
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

How much defence can these planets be giving asc, when I, legitimately in tag, am having difficulty finding anything to send defence to most mornings?
Unread 7 May 2009, 17:48   #57
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
How much defence can these planets be giving asc, when I, legitimately in tag, am having difficulty finding anything to send defence to most mornings?
Its more a case of them being a def buffer if someoen actually would go to war vs asc. Them being around is also a reason why people might not go to war with asc. I dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
You asked what the difference was compared to the round it was brought in i answered it you idiot. Learn to read and answer the question i asked provide evidence before coming on the forums like a spoilt little child.
ye, and ur answer was just not correct. there is no real difference, as I pointed out. I m spoilt, I m smal but I m no kid! I just turned 24 tyvm

Quote:

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 7 May 2009 at 18:03. Reason: merge
Unread 7 May 2009, 17:51   #58
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Its more a case of them being a def buffer if someoen actually would go to war vs asc. Them being around is also a reason why people might not go to war with asc. I dont know
Even if Asc committed to using no OOT def or even attacks chances are ppl still wouldnt; so the matter is moot.
Unread 7 May 2009, 20:26   #59
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
it isnt the answer to the thread at all. Why was it suddenly discredited? Why was it credited? would it be credited again if another group had used it?
thats the real question.
The real discredit in the rules is that it gave rise to situations where the rule could be easily interpreted either way by the MH in situations that could determine ranking positions. These decisions had huge political impact and were nearly always wrong because the rules gave no help whatsoever to the MH. They had my sympathy in trying to apply this terrible rule while I was very frustrated at the way they applied it.

I also have my doubts as to why people wanted it in the first place - I suspect the external pressure on the MH was not because they were concerned with people out of tag. They thought planets were cheating, couldn't prove it and needed another reason to get these planets out of the way, so did that instead. So really, a number of people who supported this rule didn't really care about people not counting in tag anyway.

The worst decision made under this rule was the decision to award the round to Greenhills when he won. To use the OOGOOA rule to override the rule banning donations with the central intention to elevate planet rank which is a fundamental rule of the game all because the donations were 'in galaxy' (and has been outlawed since Singularity used it to win in round 3) was an absolute disgrace. But relative to the situation we kicked up little stink about it - in fact many of Ascendancy decided to praise Greenhills for his 'innovation' while in reality being totally disgusted with it all. There was little point arguing at the time, as people really hated us, for doing nothing else than being innovative. Exploit loopholes by all means, but breaking fundamental rules is unacceptable.

The rule is an absolute monster and should never be allowed to ruin this game again.

In the current situation, we have a few planets playing out of tag - I have not defended since this thread was posted, as I've not been around in the mornings lately to send defence. I am not in the tag because I am not active enough to contribute score, but I can send fast defence against a higher class of ship when called upon by SMS. When I have the time outside of work to attack, I will do so - until then, it's being woken on the train by JBG or getting up during the 5am tick to send defence when I happen to get up early for whatever reason. My sole concern is to help Ascendancy win, as it has been in tag. When in tag, I've played in the same sacrificial way, because I know people like me can be the difference. This is not cynical play, it is not cheating, it is not playing against the spirit of the game - it is simple dedication, organisation and tactics.

There is little else to discuss on the issue quite frankly as this is one of the rare situations where I know I'm right. I appreciate this thread is an attempt to throw crap at Ascendancy under the pretext of a rule (if it wasn't, you would have posted it on PD and written it quite differently). While it is within your right to do so, and a perfectly acceptable propaganda tactic, I think it's a pretty shit attempt and a really boring discussion.
Unread 7 May 2009, 21:01   #60
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
[15:23:19] <Hunter> asc having ~120 planets
[15:23:33] <@Wishmaster> they have more planets out of tag than we have in our tag
Yeah but to be honest mate those planets are out of tag for a reason. I'm not in tag because I'm really stupid. So far I've managed to:

Covert op Achi with 55 agensts (successfully) without checking intel
Exile about 15 times and end up back in the gal I landed in on my 3rd exile, deciding this "was a pretty sweet spot"
Crash on a bot planet in 1:1 after assuming "they wouldnt build more ships"
Crash on another bot planet a couple of ticks later after not learning the error of my ways.

To be honest man people like myself and the other out-of-tag players do more harm than good. You shouldn't be complaining about us. We turn Ascendancy into Descendancy!
Unread 7 May 2009, 23:38   #61
Wishmaster
LDK

and covop me for 350k res at pt 100 or so?
ur still an annoying factor tomkat!

Quote:
Unread 7 May 2009, 23:45   #62
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
not much but I honestly wonder if this round, asc suddenly stopped taking inn their normal amount of late starters?
Well, I can only speak for myself, but facing a block of multiple alliances makes me want to play again. If even just to cover all those def calls.

Sorry guys, but I guess that's one of those "asc things". If under pressure, people get interested in showing up again!
Unread 8 May 2009, 00:38   #63
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Well, I can only speak for myself, but facing a block of multiple alliances makes me want to play again. If even just to cover all those def calls.

Sorry guys, but I guess that's one of those "asc things". If under pressure, people get interested in showing up again!
theres only 1 problem though.
theres 1 block, and ur inn it

Quote:
Unread 8 May 2009, 02:39   #64
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Really? who else is in the block?
Unread 8 May 2009, 11:59   #65
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Exploiting loopholes and cheating are different in just about the same way that prostitution and pornography are.

Vaguely.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2009, 12:55   #66
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

..What?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2009, 15:45   #67
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

I'm one of those out of tag people, but i havent deffed since i was removed from tag. I did tell JBG that i would send def if mailed ingame what and where when i'm at work, but i havent gotten a single mail.

I do appreciate the option to send defence to my mates even tho my fleet is tiny due to the difficulty of 7 hrs of i-net with no irc 5 days a week. If the PA-Team removes this option then my reason for actually logging in on a daily basis disappears and i'm likely to drift off from PA and on to other things.

For me it's not about rules or loopholes, it's about a reason to stay in this game. If i can't play with the people i know and care for, then why the hell should i play at all? If it's decided that i cant def asc because i'm not in the tag and not in an asc-galaxy, then i'm likely to delete my planet and call it quits.

Oh and JBG, i didnt lose my i-net, my laptop broke. :|

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2009, 15:57   #68
Rio
Denial

Rio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
I'm one of those out of tag people, but i havent deffed since i was removed from tag. I did tell JBG that i would send def if mailed ingame what and where when i'm at work, but i havent gotten a single mail.

I do appreciate the option to send defence to my mates even tho my fleet is tiny due to the difficulty of 7 hrs of i-net with no irc 5 days a week. If the PA-Team removes this option then my reason for actually logging in on a daily basis disappears and i'm likely to drift off from PA and on to other things.

For me it's not about rules or loopholes, it's about a reason to stay in this game. If i can't play with the people i know and care for, then why the hell should i play at all? If it's decided that i cant def asc because i'm not in the tag and not in an asc-galaxy, then i'm likely to delete my planet and call it quits.

Oh and JBG, i didnt lose my i-net, my laptop broke. :|
I really don't understand this point, your trying to tell me your friends with all 120 orso asc planets?

If you really want to play with your friends and they want to play with you, maybe you should consider playing with just your friends and not exceeding an alliance tag... Its seems to be more and more and excuse to hide behind a great alliance, rather then play against them.
Rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2009, 16:08   #69
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
If you really want to play with your friends and they want to play with you, maybe you should consider playing with just your friends and not exceeding an alliance tag....

Maybe his friends have friends as well? Which (quite possibly) too, have friends? (could go on like this for a while)
That's how Asc got so big, friends inviting friends inviting friends. Not to "mass recruit" but to play with friends.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2009, 17:04   #70
aksel

aksel is on a distinguished road

This is a war game. Everything should be legal.
aksel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2009, 17:24   #71
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post

Have fun there, but since there's sod all NAPs between the smaller alliances and more hostiles flying at each other than at Asc lately, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a block. There's basic levels of communication to try to avoid double-booking, but for now that's it. As far as I can tell, I've landed more attacks on WAFHH planets in majority Asc gals than anything else, but that's my own fault for always being late for TP.
Unread 9 May 2009, 23:56   #72
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksel View Post
This is a war game. Everything should be legal.
Hi aksel, good to see you posting bro. However I dont think everything should be legal, as some nerd sitting there with 50 or so planets all controlled by him would be a tad bit tiresome but only ruin the game for the less actives

Please elaborate if ya dont actually mean what I interpretated you as stating there

I'll give ya a chance!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2009, 23:30   #73
Wishmaster
LDK

the part about asc being a big community, 1 question.

How many were in asc channels prior to r30 after the purge after r29?
in r30 / r31 u recruited a shitloads of tards / jumpers?

Quote:
Unread 11 May 2009, 01:06   #74
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I believe we recruited to about 50-60 after the purge and before round 30. The remainder of our members joined after tickstart.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2009, 01:31   #75
Wishmaster
LDK

so in reality there is no such thing as a big asc community, just people joining to get a good planet rank?

Quote:
Unread 11 May 2009, 02:19   #76
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Yeah man. Loads and loads of people joined us at the start of R30 for an easy ride. ****ing hundreds there were. And boy were they right, piece of piss that round was. Record numbers of Asc in the top 100.

I mean, it's obvious we're not a community because we don't limit ourselves to 30 members and play the way you think we should. Nah, we're much much a collection of loose associates whose only objective is to ruin Planetarion for everyone and, long term, the internet in it's entirety.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2009, 05:49   #77
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ascendancy are like the cool popular kid in school that everyone bitches about but secretly wants to be!
Unread 11 May 2009, 06:21   #78
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
so in reality there is no such thing as a big asc community, just people joining to get a good planet rank?
There is a community (or even communities!) within Ascendancy, but Ascendancy are not a community. Ascendancy is just a setup that lets people play in a certain way - and people choose to join up to it.
Unread 11 May 2009, 07:05   #79
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

but not as many people joined up to it in the past when ascendacy werent winning every round...
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2009, 09:16   #80
JonnyBGood
Banned

Actually in r22, having not won since r16, we recruited miles over the tag limit. I know because people bitched at us at the time as well because I set up a second ascendancy tag called Descendancy. So, y'know, you're full of shit.
Unread 12 May 2009, 01:58   #81
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

that ****ed up rule has been utter shit in r15 and will still be shit no matter how many more rounds of PA will be played and i hope it will never be part of the EULA again.

but it still makes me vomit that Assassin can't be true about the reason why he invented it...
No matter what you say, you only invented it because as a MH u bended over whenever Phil^ and the rest of the fagcrew wanted you to.

Last edited by Almeida; 12 May 2009 at 02:04.
Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 07:12   #82
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

We have a couple members bitching about overrecruiting. Hilariously, no one's running any serious suggestions on who to kick. That includes you, Wishmaster. Help us out here. Suggest people to kick, and within the framework of our alliance I'll try to get it done.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 12:22   #83
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Last in first out ?
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 12:27   #84
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Yeah man. Loads and loads of people joined us at the start of R30 for an easy ride. ****ing hundreds there were. And boy were they right, piece of piss that round was. Record numbers of Asc in the top 100.

I mean, it's obvious we're not a community because we don't limit ourselves to 30 members and play the way you think we should. Nah, we're much much a collection of loose associates whose only objective is to ruin Planetarion for everyone and, long term, the internet in it's entirety.
I think Wish raises a valid point. Alot of Ascendancy members there now are just there for the right, you, Achi, one of the more aware ascendancy core will know this. The way you're acting with this post really doesn't cut it. Ofc you're a community and a decent one at that, but I'd estimate half of your memberbase now dont give a sh*t about Ascendancy when it comes down to it.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 12:37   #85
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Last in first out ?
What an appallingly uninteresting suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
I'd estimate half of your memberbase now dont give a sh*t about Ascendancy when it comes down to it.
The great thing about it all, and what many people fail to realise, is that you don't have to care about ascendancy. Sure some people care about different things. Some people probably love the idea of us winning. Some of us love the idea of us doing something new and interesting. Some of us, like me, love the idea of kicking the shit out of people who think they're better than you. And yeah some people just like high planet ranks. But the thing is they're all the same thing really. If you're doing something new and interesting it'll probably help your alliance. If you play well as an alliance you'll end up winning. If you play well as an alliance you'll kick the shit out of people who think they're better than you. And if you play well as an alliance you'll end up with decent planet ranks. I mean, Ascendancy's just a name man, it's not like we're football fans here.
Unread 12 May 2009, 12:47   #86
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
What an appallingly uninteresting suggestion.

You're the guys who somehow didnt notice the ally limit and messed up and recruited above it, and now try to convince everyone theres no way you can do anything about it.
Clearly there is and if you cared about following the rules instead of just breaking them as long as you think you can get away with it, theres more than enough actions you could take.

But obviously you're not gonna take any actions and just do whatever you can to win the round, so dont post on forums asking for suggestions
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 12:48   #87
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
We have a couple members bitching about overrecruiting. Hilariously, no one's running any serious suggestions on who to kick. That includes you, Wishmaster. Help us out here. Suggest people to kick, and within the framework of our alliance I'll try to get it done.
Make people compete to stay. It should be a priveledge to be in an alliance, one which must be earnt. people who cancel their nights attack to defend alliance mates, people who stay up for an extra 3 hours to cover extra calls. A points system perhaps, members who help others without much concern for themselves. The machine needs to work as a complete working part, any parts working independently just dont fit in.

Just a thought

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 13:03   #88
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
set up a prop for me to join, kick all who prop in my favour!

Quote:
Unread 12 May 2009, 13:26   #89
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
You're the guys who somehow didnt notice the ally limit and messed up and recruited above it, and now try to convince everyone theres no way you can do anything about it.
Clearly there is and if you cared about following the rules instead of just breaking them as long as you think you can get away with it, theres more than enough actions you could take.

But obviously you're not gonna take any actions and just do whatever you can to win the round, so dont post on forums asking for suggestions
What the **** are you talking about. There is no support planet rule. You have my personal assurance that we have only 90 planets in our tag. There are no rules being broken.
Unread 12 May 2009, 14:07   #90
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
Make people compete to stay. It should be a priveledge to be in an alliance, one which must be earnt. people who cancel their nights attack to defend alliance mates, people who stay up for an extra 3 hours to cover extra calls. A points system perhaps, members who help others without much concern for themselves. The machine needs to work as a complete working part, any parts working independently just dont fit in.

Just a thought
We use !bigdicks for that and teamwork for everything else , which includes ringing , sms'ing and mailing ingame other members when they are needed for def to join attacks or for scans or cov-ops , everything in asc is about teamwork and thats why it works so well , the rule (more of a guideline than an actual rule though )"dont be shit" removes the need for any points system as everyone contributes to the common goal
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 14:14   #91
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
If the PA-Team removes this option then my reason for actually logging in on a daily basis disappears and i'm likely to drift off from PA and on to other things.
You make that sound like something you wouldn't enjoy!

I've been loving it personally, and the great thing is you can still read these forums occasionally and feel smugly superior for having not signed up!
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 14:24   #92
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:

Just a thought
Oh god that's appalling. I'd much rather just keep the people who are interesting on IRC. After all, I don't actually care about Ascendancy winning anymore, I just hang out on IRC and slag people (in the face).

Quote:
set up a prop for me to join, kick all who prop in my favour!
I don't get it.

Edit: re: Gzambo, we actually have a point system of sorts at the moment. It mostly rewards talking a lot. I like that.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 14:56   #93
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:

Just a thought
This sounds like one of the old alliances, who are not really around anymore.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 15:13   #94
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

My god, if we only kept the people who actually did something/cared about the game ascendancy would become appalingly boring.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 15:23   #95
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse View Post
This sounds like one of the old alliances, who are not really around anymore.
Question is..was it better or worse than it is now back then?

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 15:28   #96
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Question is..was it better or worse than it is now back then?
Personally, I find it much better now than it was back then.

I enjoy being able to plod along without having HC screaming at me to be more active, defend more, attack more etc.
And turning active, when it fits into my real life, not because some pimply faced teenager decides the "alliance needs it".

For the game, I do not see any major difference between Ascendancy dominating the game or The Legion/Fury train steam rollering the universe.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets

Last edited by Desse; 12 May 2009 at 15:34.
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 16:15   #97
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse View Post
Personally, I find it much better now than it was back then.

I enjoy being able to plod along without having HC screaming at me to be more active, defend more, attack more etc.
And turning active, when it fits into my real life, not because some pimply faced teenager decides the "alliance needs it".

For the game, I do not see any major difference between Ascendancy dominating the game or The Legion/Fury train steam rollering the universe.
I ve been in alliances where I could be just as active as I wanted to, before the alliance limidt was put into the game. I escorted when I was on, deffed when I got on, got def if I was active enough to get it. Pretty much like what asc is like now. The rules are the sae now as it has been in other alliances in the past. All alliances had peons who just sent def every now and then, and who played more like a mascot who just helped out when he bothered. There is no real difference

Quote:
Unread 12 May 2009, 19:54   #98
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Oh god that's appalling. I'd much rather just keep the people who are interesting on IRC. After all, I don't actually care about Ascendancy winning anymore, I just hang out on IRC and slag people (in the face).
And lets face it - people with a decent personality are usually good planetarion players anyway.
Unread 13 May 2009, 00:16   #99
Tomkat

I fully support the notion of kicking people who have less than 5 hilarious !quotes about them!
Unread 13 May 2009, 00:42   #100
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I ve been in alliances where I could be just as active as I wanted to, before the alliance limidt was put into the game. I escorted when I was on, deffed when I got on, got def if I was active enough to get it. Pretty much like what asc is like now. The rules are the sae now as it has been in other alliances in the past. All alliances had peons who just sent def every now and then, and who played more like a mascot who just helped out when he bothered. There is no real difference
You're a very bitter young man these days wish