User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:11   #1
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all
XP for Defence

Am I right in thinking that if you get incoming and have any ships at home, so long as you don't lose ships and lose less than 30 roids you will gain score?
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:28   #2
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold
Re: XP for Defence

no, it doesn't matter how many roids you loose and how many ships die.

as long as u have 1 ships participating in combat u get XP from defending.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:29   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i think hes getting at the score loss from losing the roids would be less then the score gained via xp for defending.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:33   #4
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

misunderstood the question then, anyone bothering to calc the answer on his question?
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:39   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i was half tempted to when i saw it but im overcome by apathy. Its possible i guess
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:42   #6
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Well 100xp = 6,000 in score. 30 roids = 6,000 in score. So, yes if you lose under 30 roids, you're the only one defending yourself, and you don't lose any ships, your score will go up.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:11   #7
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all

cheers guys.

thought i must have been working it out wrong...

/me looks forward to wave 4-7 of his incoming
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:31   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wouldn't get that excited about it.

The roids you lost mean it'll take longer to build back that 6k score.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:32   #9
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

but they also mean I get more xp for my next attack, I'd rather get 8 waves than 3...
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 16:53   #10
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

I am now convinced being waved every week or so is a good thing.

I lost:
55% of my roids
28% of my value
2% of my score

I know I'll miss all today’s mining but really just means I can get high xp raids on little planets, the only ships I lost were through being stupid. Next time I will gain score.

First time I've seen this but I do quite like it, makes up for being roided to death when your basically cashing in your roids for xp. Not sure what the rest of you guys think but I'm pretty impressed. Seems to reflect the original purpose of xp.