User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 22 Jul 2008, 23:26   #1
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light
What is happening??? Pls enlighten us

I think i am not the only one, not playing anymore, but still interested whats going on etc. watching sandmans from day to day reading forums etc.

I remember times when there were plenty threads on forum, giving atleast some overview about whats happening in pa alliance/planet/gal wise, reports about battles, war declarations etc. etc.

I think this aspect of the forum was one of the reasons new players actually played and old players came back, because they got interested again, and even if not, atleast entertained...also for the ones who are not actively playing in alliances, might get interested to join alliances/create ones etc. etc.

So i would be really happy to get some info, being one of these guys who are hungry for some entertainment/info about the round, even when not playing anymore...

I saw Denial were quite bashed over the last days, who are the blocks, is Ascendancy going to win again (hiding their biggest players out of tag still? cov oppers?)... where there big battles worth to be shown, whats going on behind the scenes...

Thanks for your replies in advance
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 00:38   #2
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Re: What is happening??? Pls enlighten us

Maybe its because everyone knows that posting threads will only get you moaning, whining, flaming and nonsense
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 01:32   #3
Aedolaws

Aedolaws is on a distinguished road

here here
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 01:37   #4
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Forum is full of #ascendancy players, write against them = get flammed, everyone disagrees with you
write for them = no one really interested
the outside of ascendancy posters post = mass flame from ascendancy posters

basically ascendancy ruin PA in more ways than one.

also blame Denial as well

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 01:40   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Maybe its because everyone knows that posting threads will only get you moaning, whining, flaming and nonsense
And how exactly is that different from the past? :crymeariver:
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 07:15   #6
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball View Post
And how exactly is that different from the past? :crymeariver:

Yeah, I always just assumed thats what forums were for

but anyways, everything seems to be going the same as the other rounds...everyone hates [Enter current or previous #1 alliance name here] everyone is looking to another one for an upset, and whether or not it will come is about a 50/50 shot.

So, as usual, I dont care

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 07:24   #7
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Alot of the people I've met in PA have basicly all said that they don't care about the forums caus it's full of pricks...

Also the Ascendancy people have something to do with it, they kinda feel the need to make every thread go about them in some way or the other...
This round it has been "ok" but that's probably caus there haven't been that much threads really.

Added comment for making this post acceptable:
PA is all about Ascendancy!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 07:40   #8
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Who cares what a bunch of pricks in asc respond if u make a post / thread? I know for sure I couldnt care less when I wasnt asc myself.
Tbh I think its more like nothing interesting happening, and no one wants to draw attention to them seing how #1 isnt decided yet.

*I d like to see Lokken loggbook back*

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 07:52   #9
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

RIght lets clear a few things up here with the help of our good friends at wikipedia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
Flaming is the hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. Flaming usually occurs in the social context of a discussion board, Internet Relay Chat (IRC) or even through e-mail. An Internet user typically generates a flame response to other posts or users posting on a site, and such a response is usually not constructive, does not clarify a discussion, and does not persuade others. Sometimes, flamers attempt to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority over other users. Other times, a flamer is simply an individual who believes he or she carries the only valid opinion. This leads him or her to personally attack those who disagree. In some cases, flamers wish to upset and offend other members of the forum, in which case they can be called "trolls". Most often however, flames are angry or insulting messages transmitted by people who have strong feelings about a subject.
This is what I would call a strict definition of a 'flame' - by and large Ascendancy do not 'flame' to a serious extent and get away with it. In fact some of them get banned for doing it.

Quote:
Some equate flaming with simply letting off steam, though the receiving party may be less than pleased. Similarly, a normal, non-flame message may have elements of a flame -- it may be hostile, for example -- but it is not a flame if its author seriously intends to advance the discussion. The word flaming is also sometimes used for long, intensive and heated discussions, even though insults do not occur.
In my mind this is perfectly acceptable and sometimes insults can be merely incidental to the whole ambit of the post. First of all understand what a flame actually is, then proceed to get a little less highly strung.

As the moderator, it's obvious that Ascendancy have opinions, some stronger than others and they've got them because many of them are clearly experienced at the game. Some of Ascendancy behave like children on the forum, sometimes I suspect quite deliberately; I deal with these people. Others are perfectly articulate and while there are a large number of them, there appears to be no coordinated effort to spam the forum.

What I do recognise is that the fact that Ascendancy have so many posters than can write articulately and make an argument within the rules is that AD does suffer as a result, simply because its very diificult to oppose such a number, a lot of whom seem to be expressing personal opinion as opposed to the Ascendancy line. AD would be better if other alliances chose to take Ascendancy head on - but so far, no alliance has really chosen to do so, which is a shame.
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 07:54   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post

*I d like to see Lokken loggbook back*
The problem is I work all day and you need to be spending good quality IRC time at a reasonably high level (I was advising ND HC at the time) to actually create a log book. At the moment it's 1 hour a day tops, although this week i've managed to do my ankle in so I'm stuck at home all day in some pain
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 09:14   #11
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

YOU CAN DO IT!

It was a good idea though, a good way to make the avg peon get a decent update on what was going on. Give the job to someone else? Let diff. allies do a week each?

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 09:17   #12
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Let CBA do it! (seriously)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 11:19   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It takes quite a bit of time as well. Fair enough 20 minutes or half an hour doesn't sound like that much until you realise you're spending it in front of a computer screen typing when you could be sitting in your back garden drinking beer.
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 11:29   #14
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

hello kree, free to play again next round?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 11:46   #15
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

I hear jer has incs.. thats whats happening i think..

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 12:06   #16
Wishmaster
LDK

jer got incs.

stuhlman got incs, overall I ve been told vgn have recieved their share of incs over the night.
What happens in a few ticks might decide #1 player of the round. Then again its likely it wont!

Quote:
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 13:08   #17
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
YOU CAN DO IT!

It was a good idea though, a good way to make the avg peon get a decent update on what was going on. Give the job to someone else? Let diff. allies do a week each?
Whoever writes it has to do so in a reasonably open and unbiased way - the idea of the logbook was that it was descriptive, tried to look at things from the outside and provided some basic, uncontraversial analysis of the situation. If someone capable and committed enough to fill all the criteria to write a logbook stepped forward, I would be more than happy for them to write a logbook.

As JBG says it takes time to physically do, on time of having enough active time to being able to write something that is reasonably accurate. If it was resurrected an idea would be to paste the latest update in its own separate thread and let people discuss the situation at a particular time.
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 13:24   #18
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

and again you decide adding negative comments and even dicussing about the sense of "flaming" instead of giving an overview

i agree that the logbook was very nice to read, but if not one single person got the time to write such a log, whats wrong with several ppl giving their views to the avg player/non playing ppl?

seems i am indeed one of the ancient, looking at this game and the interaction/community in a very old fashioned way (though i doubt its the worst)

P.S
hey jerome, maybe almost finished uni but have to wait for one exam in january, so maybe we´ll see
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 13:32   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree View Post
and again you decide adding negative comments and even dicussing about the sense of "flaming" instead of giving an overview

i agree that the logbook was very nice to read, but if not one single person got the time to write such a log, whats wrong with several ppl giving their views to the avg player/non playing ppl?

seems i am indeed one of the ancient, looking at this game and the interaction/community in a very old fashioned way (though i doubt its the worst)
Nothing at all, I just won't give it a sticky.

But the fact is people don't contribute this information.
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 13:33   #20
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

january is ages, we're talking mid/late aug onwards for 7 weeks only. go on.

also yeah please stop attacking me i'm trying to have a good round of fencesitting here and you guys are ruining everything.
Unread 23 Jul 2008, 22:15   #21
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree View Post
I saw Denial were quite bashed over the last days, who are the blocks, is Ascendancy going to win again (hiding their biggest players out of tag still? cov oppers?)... where there big battles worth to be shown, whats going on behind the scenes...

Thanks for your replies in advance
CT is winning

Hope this helps..
Unread 24 Jul 2008, 00:02   #22
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

come online kree
Unread 24 Jul 2008, 16:04   #23
Turtle

Turtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura about

Asc will win.
Unread 24 Jul 2008, 16:33   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We already did. After all jer got roided.
Unread 24 Jul 2008, 16:58   #25
Turtle

Turtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura about

Unread 24 Jul 2008, 18:04   #26
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Its a very exciting sprint to the finishline! 4 alliances in the fight for the first spot, and only 25 hours left.

What would Jack Bauer do!
Unread 24 Jul 2008, 18:32   #27
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Its a very exciting sprint to the finishline! 4 alliances in the fight for the first spot, and only 25 hours left.

What would Jack Bauer do!
Isnt that obvious? He would refuse to do anything the first hour....
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2008, 18:34   #28
jerome

bitches.
Unread 24 Jul 2008, 19:56   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
We already did. After all jer got roided.
It's funny how things come around :))))

<Stoom^afk> whats everyone so happy about? <qeb`away> jer got roided <JBG> jer got roided <Benneh> jer got roided
Unread 25 Jul 2008, 11:53   #30
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

If you have time to check statistics, u could prolly play idle account aswell.

I am not in to politics enough to post anything really.