User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 13 Oct 2007, 17:39   #51
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough
Re: #1 - PA Player

Scouse.
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2007, 02:44   #52
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

Sid.
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2007, 05:04   #53
Furbie_Fanatic
Dinosaur

Furbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the rough

Fred.
If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

Dont Trust Anyone!
Furbie_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2007, 10:33   #54
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

lolling at those of you who post 'big' old names that certainly weren't a name for their playing skills
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2007, 17:31   #55
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
lolling at those of you who post 'big' old names that certainly weren't a name for their playing skills
can u delete your forum account and maybe never play this game again or may be grow the **** up and stop being a childish wanker...

dont remeber the nick but think it was Ravenloft not sure if won around tho think he came in t5 maybe, that is about the only person in t10 ive had dealings with. Was good.

edited: for swear words
Unread 14 Oct 2007, 18:35   #56
Inforza
Holland is GVD het HARDST

Inforza is an unknown quantity at this point

bwtmc, Rob

and satyr is best atm for meh, he is awesome cath player in the PAX rounds

WP SiN eXilition 1up CT SubH Ascendancy Apprime
Inforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2007, 18:47   #57
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
can u delete your forum account and maybe never play this game again or may be grow the **** up and stop being a childish wanker...

dont remeber the nick but think it was Ravenloft not sure if won around tho think he came in t5 maybe, that is about the only person in t10 ive had dealings with. Was good.

edited: for swear words
there's never been a ravenloft in a t10 ever, there's no childishness involved in what i said either but your grasp of english is pretty horrendous in all fairness so i've no actual idea what you think i said considering you're a full blown moron and all.
Unread 14 Oct 2007, 18:53   #58
Ra
nineone

Ra is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
To be fair to jer, he has got a point, people do just seem to be throwing around 'big' names that really weren't renowned for playing skills.

Anyway, it's hard for me to pick just one, but Cataclaw, Anakin & Morden all get a mention for me.
Unread 15 Oct 2007, 13:20   #59
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra
To be fair to jer, he has got a point, people do just seem to be throwing around 'big' names that really weren't renowned for playing skills.

Anyway, it's hard for me to pick just one, but Cataclaw, Anakin & Morden all get a mention for me.
I dunno maybe just maybe i misread the 1st post in this thread, but I think it said that how u interacted with a top player and their interactions with you. So going by this just because big names are in the list and just because you feel their playing skills in your opinion or jer's opinion were not renowned for there skills doesn't mean shit.

How can u give out about namedropping in a thread specificall designed for name dropping, I mean come on in all seriousness....
Unread 15 Oct 2007, 14:21   #60
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Come on now, your just biased no1 noninated you.
Seriusly, how do you sit down with out hurting your ego?

#1 pa player in my view wasn't about how the person defdrained for him self, but more about how he inspiered and learned away what he knew about the game.
Unread 15 Oct 2007, 16:00   #61
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziw
#1 pa player in my view wasn't about how the person defdrained for him self, but more about how he inspiered and learned away what he knew about the game.
Actually veil gave us the qualifications for it
Quote:
* how often the defend
* if they bounce back from defeat
* consistency
* generally tip-top guy.
These aren't actually all that difficult to quantify. 1) the level of defence they send during the round, relatively weighted in proportion to the value of defence sent (ie sending def every day at 0300 gmt is much more valuable than sending it at 1500 gmt). 2) their ability to overcome setbacks on a planetary level and keep fighting (whether they keep playing if they get fleetcaught or have a bad landing etc or if they just give up). 3) their level of play across the round and across multiple rounds, t100 finishes, strong performances even from the losing side in an intensive war situation etc. 4) being enough of a reasonable human being that they don't actually **** up the alliances they join with moaning, pnaps, def-draining, arguing with other members and so forth.

PS mz actually nominated jer man
Unread 15 Oct 2007, 16:27   #62
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
PS mz actually nominated jer man
*sight* don't start takeing me serious now :/
I toght you'd learned that this round.
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 00:13   #63
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

You are talking about me?
Or was it my mom?????????

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 02:49   #64
Ra
nineone

Quote:
I dunno maybe just maybe i misread the 1st post in this thread, but I think it said that how u interacted with a top player and their interactions with you. So going by this just because big names are in the list and just because you feel their playing skills in your opinion or jer's opinion were not renowned for there skills doesn't mean shit.

How can u give out about namedropping in a thread specificall designed for name dropping, I mean come on in all seriousness....
Well tbh, it would probably be fine if they gave their reasons to why they think that. But a few people have given 1 or 2 word posts, with 'big' names, that tbh, were pretty damn crap at the game itself (not just in mine and jer's opinion, but pretty much everyone who was around at the time), but made a name for theirselves in some other way.

We aren't trying to threadshit, we are just stating the obvious. Yeah, this thread is all about name dropping. But it is amusing how some people name drop the 'big names' that were never any good at actually playing the game.
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 03:47   #65
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Satyr is the best player I've played with.
When I started in R3, my gal GC looked like a god to me, The Great Glucifer... no idea if he was really good though, I was a noob.
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 13:22   #66
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Muzzy possibly... Anyway theres alot of good people out there whos been very very good players.

Must say im impressed by both sliekas and Sid for their amount of top rankings, but cant say too much about their defence etc as I wouldnt know.

Imo a top notch player is a person whos unselfish, loyal and still able to do good. I've been lucky enough to play along many of them, and although not all have had top ranks, they've still made the game enjoyable for others and themselves.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 14:25   #67
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
sliekas.
Greatest cheat, sure. Best player? Never
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 14:47   #68
Luckyiam.PSC

Luckyiam.PSC is infamous around these parts

#1 Fenix
#2 agony
#3 afuyo
#4 gwarth
#5 dedin
#1001 Furbie_Fanatic
Luckyiam.PSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 15:25   #69
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Greatest cheat, sure. Best player? Never
you know he plays this round. Why isnt he closed if he is such a cheat
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 15:41   #70
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Sliekas is right at the top imo

with what i've seen this rnd,

toot always seems to be a certainty up there
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 16:12   #71
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
He plays? Didn't know :-)
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 16:58   #72
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
played

he deleted his account after the whole 2:4 2:3 incident.
he was biggest xan in universe too

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 17:02   #73
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Thought furbie was the biggest xan in the uni before the 2:4 incident
|edit|, nm, was the biggest zik.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 17:04   #74
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

yeah was 8 caths 1 xan 1 zik in top10

Unread 16 Oct 2007, 18:44   #75
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
played

he deleted his account after the whole 2:4 2:3 incident.
he was biggest xan in universe too
Does this not mean he is weak in the "bouncebackability" topic
Round 14~15 [ND] DC
Round 16~17 [TGV] BC
Round 18~20 [OMen] DC
Round 21 [WP] HC
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 19:03   #76
jerome

here are some true players who have an understanding / "SKILL" / being awesomes to the level of the highest echelons in this game and in no particular order:

myself, jbg, jester, rob, sid, kaifux, bwtmc, figar, gmufc, gate, mix, hude, pdmaster, toot, tearz, snra, dunkelgraf, cocteau, sliekas, almeida, xalibur, dedin, smasher, mista, paragon, satyr, desse, chika, aif, rgat and kileman.

this is a list of people who have shown themselves well post-pax by the way. pre-pax is a whole different ball park, i'd probably put myself in the top 20 there still though (as opposed to top 3(1) post-pax.) if i've missed someone from this list that have already been mentioned it's probably because i fundamentally disagree with them being defined as a top player.
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 19:08   #77
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

possibly Turbo or Ziw. both bring a level of skill to both the game and to officer position. both ex insomnia DCs and ziw an ex HC of ours, turbo possibly haveing the advantage by being an aussie.

both know their shit ingame and i have a hell of alot of respect for them. although neither is a player mentioned on this list yet :P

Muzzy is also a great DC and HC and a pleasure to work with, plus a brit so

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 19:26   #78
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
here are some true players who have an understanding / "SKILL" / being awesomes to the level of the highest echelons in this game and in no particular order:

myself, jbg, jester, rob, sid, kaifux, bwtmc, figar, gmufc, gate, mix, hude, pdmaster, toot, tearz, snra, dunkelgraf, cocteau, sliekas, almeida, xalibur, dedin, smasher, mista, paragon, satyr, desse, chika, aif, rgat and kileman.

this is a list of people who have shown themselves well post-pax by the way. pre-pax is a whole different ball park, i'd probably put myself in the top 20 there still though (as opposed to top 3(1) post-pax.) if i've missed someone from this list that have already been mentioned it's probably because i fundamentally disagree with them being defined as a top player.
elviz
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 20:43   #79
teqh
@ Gamer

teqh has a spectacular aura aboutteqh has a spectacular aura aboutteqh has a spectacular aura about

TiG

R2 [TE] [Legion] R4 [CELL] R5 [Elysium] R6 [Elysium] R7 [RaH]

R68: Faceless - Rank 6
R65: Norsemen - Rank 3
R60: Ultores - Rank 14
R58: Solo planet - Rank 35 (xp)
R56: Vikings - Rank 14
R54: Vikings - Rank 5
teqh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 03:01   #80
Ra
nineone

Quote:

Your ego is almost as big as mine. Almost

My nominations were for pre-pax btw. I have rarely played PAX-onwards and I have no idea who is good and who isn't anymore.
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 03:01   #81
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
elviz
he's good enough, but in an entirely different category of 'good' (same as: alki, game, cyph, fenix etc)

Last edited by jerome; 17 Oct 2007 at 03:35.
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 08:18   #82
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Why did noone say "Rikard"

Unread 17 Oct 2007, 09:11   #83
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point

Rikard !

and i always like to have necAnt in my gal and Abraham1 \o/
Unread 18 Oct 2007, 10:49   #84
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Compulsory old school LLG nomination.
Unread 18 Oct 2007, 12:31   #85
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Compulsory old school LLG nomination.
Can I play my Joker card?
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 16:34   #86
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

rob

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 17:19   #87
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf is a top player these days anyhow, anyone can do good if they can be arsed and have a wee bit of skill in the game.
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 17:35   #88
XillveR
X markes the spot

XillveR is an unknown quantity at this point

i Just say My m8's

Archangel_ King of the Defcalls, and Olympus Mr I can get my bot doing things ppl cant get,
R24 Orbit ToF HC
R25 Orbit member
R26-28 ToF HC
R29 Vengance member
R30-31 break
R32 Tides Of Vengance member
R33 ROCK member

XillveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 18:34   #89
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
these days
This is probably why current top players are mentioned so little. That and the fact that we look at the past through pink-coloured glasses.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2007, 20:25   #90
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I mean back in the days you actually had to make an effort(or so it seems) by setting up and running multiple planets, rounds were much longer and you got much more waves than the 3-4 you get a night from the big alliances.

These days the general activity level is much lower and a well designed planet can protect itself quite well without much help from a alliance(atleast if you have a clue).
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 18:04   #91
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'd add Grog and maybe (;D!) LukeyLove to jer's list.

Loads of people are amazing BCs/DCs but tend to let their planet suffer because of it. Not sure whether to add them or not.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 04:51   #92
Ra
nineone

Quote:
he's good enough, but in an entirely different category of 'good' (same as: alki, game, cyph, fenix etc)
elviz, game, cyph, etc. are all a hell of a lot better than you jer

you have never been & never will be (due to current PA) good enough to consider yourself one of the t20 players of "old school" planetarion. get a grip jer. your good, but not that good. i don't even consider myself that good, and i was damn good.

/flame

i like you jer, but your ego is far too big for how good a player you used to be

i dont give a shit about now, because anyone with 2 braincells could be good at the current planetarion with all this xp and cov ops crap.
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 07:21   #93
arc

arc is an unknown quantity at this point

Rasputin and Game following by a LukeyLove closely
R17 #15 1:2:12 Howling Rain Zik
R20 #10 15:6:8 Destiny Zik
R21 #32 18:5:2 Conspiracy Zik
R22 #13 10:5:8 Jenova Zik
R23 #32 9:5:5 eXilition Zik
R24 #5 5:4:4 Conspiracy Xan
R26 #33 8:3:7 NoX Zik
R28 #3 2:10:8 Äscendäncy Etd
arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 13:09   #94
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/709...turepucpr4.gif

Puc of BubbleGum

Last edited by Ave; 21 Oct 2007 at 13:19.
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 13:44   #95
jerome

pa right now (recent) is far more strategically challenging than old pa in terms of game design, the only difference from players from then was that the amount of good players were in bigger numbers. nowt else. the 20 was a joke, there was probably at least 150 players of the same calibre and yes, i'm easily better than the different category of names i listed and so are each and every name in the first category i gave simply because the second category are a different style of 'good' player that shouldn't really be encouraged whatsoever. it's not really the type you'd want if you were running a proper alliance with enough enemies that you don't want more within your own alliance

when i said proven in my original list, i didn't mean ranks; i meant proven themselves to be an intelligent and a useful player. apparently toot won this round and i based his inclusion purely on us sharing a random gal together, a round where he ended in the bottom half of t100 iirc (after spending most of the round t10) - end ranks don't really prove / disprove too much about skill since they're dependant on a lot of external factors as well as how big a faggot you are in certain cases (hello alkibas), top players are the ones who are willing to take a bite in my opinion. he who dares wins innit. (as opposed to he who pnaps and hits 'safe' targets and has a few oogoa friends defending him regularly )

gate: lukeylove is probably a good point, he's always been fun. i'm not sure about grog though. i've never played with him directly but i've got a vague memory / feeling attached to the nick that he's an idiot but i may be mistaking nicknames here.

edit: is a pretty queer emoticon dudes

Last edited by jerome; 21 Oct 2007 at 13:51.
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 13:56   #96
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

Sid.

(and maybe jupp^afk. Even tho never highranked, he is a damn loyal and defending boy )

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 08:26   #97
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

kudos to jer and desse ^^

Top player in PA is a complicated subject as there are quite a number of debatable factors involve such as political affiliation, activitiy, calc/tools/stats skills, well-roundedness, consistency, balls, etc.. etc..

It's too complex for everyone to get along on subject like this. Atleast we all agree that this game sux already! :P
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 08:33   #98
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future
Red face Re: #1 - PA Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockhead
Sid.

(and maybe jupp^afk. Even tho never highranked, he is a damn loyal and defending boy )

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 05:21   #99
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

SilverAce, Sleepless, Stoom, LukeyLove, Mista and WHY HAS NO ONE MENTIONED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heheheheeheheh :>
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 18:10   #100
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

A list of the people I've played with ("played" in the loosest sense) and consider great PA players in no real order - toot, Tearz, rob, JBG, Jester, jer's mum, bwtmc, Gate.

Top 3 of that bunch I'd probably say were toot, rob and Gate