User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 2 Jun 2007, 11:23   #51
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Congratulations Greenhills

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Although Kile is the real winner of the round by terms of play, this made me chuckle a bit..
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 11:27   #52
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Yes, so why are complaining? You threw a run of swearing at me when I blew it out on remarking your opinion as Ascendancy opinion (which I apologized for), and you're now using it as an excuse, when you've done the same yourself, for having insulted me?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 11:30   #53
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

caj wasn't beaten by donations.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 11:30   #54
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Yes, so why are complaining? You threw a run of swearing at me when I blew it out on remarking your opinion as Ascendancy opinion (which I apologized for), and you're now using it as an excuse, when you've done the same yourself, for having insulted me?
No I am just trying to annoy you
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 11:36   #55
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
caj wasn't beaten by donations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterina
Technically, DeLoS screwed Game out of the win doing this last round, but who cares.
What? edit. Yeah, Caj wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idler
No I am just trying to annoy you
ok.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 2 Jun 2007 at 11:42.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 12:02   #56
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

caj was beaten by greed/short-sightedness, as was agony. game was beaten by donations.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 12:05   #57
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

it still hurts yo
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 12:16   #58
DeLoS
Milan-fan

DeLoS is on a distinguished road

Why do you keep saying that?
The winning margin was made bigger by donations, yes.

As I said above, I won on taking my own resources out of the galfund and giving them back to myself. If you think about it, you'll remember me saying so in #ascendancy.
It was the winning margin which was affected by the donations :\

Otherwise, jer is correct.

Titans, 1up
Former Ascendant
DeLoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 12:22   #59
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLoS
Why do you keep saying that?
The winning margin was made bigger by donations, yes.

As I said above, I won on taking my own resources out of the galfund and giving them back to myself. If you think about it, you'll remember me saying so in #ascendancy.
It was the winning margin which was affected by the donations :\

Otherwise, jer is correct.
I really didnt believe you then, so i see no reason to actually believe you now.

Anyway, different round yo!
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 13:05   #60
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
<[CT]vudu> this is hillarious. i bet asc peeps are just dying with envy as to why they didnt come up with it
This certainly is the first time anything like this has ever been done in the history of planetarion! I for one was so disappointed I didn't get a chance to speak at the eorc I nearly cried.

PS Congratulations greenhills.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 14:07   #61
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
This certainly is the first time anything like this has ever been done in the history of planetarion!
You have to admit though, they did push it to the next level, as far as organisation and amount of resources is concerned.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 14:08   #62
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I see you missed round three. Ask game about it sometime!
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 14:49   #63
JonnyBGood
Banned

This could all get taken to extremes next round incidentally. If this is allowed to stand for future rounds what is to prevent an alliance of 70 members each having two people they know bp with them and whore res for them all round while they xp-whore? You could probably convince a few people in your gal to go along with it or just get more people to sign up and exile around the universe until they end in your gal. It wouldn't be that hard to have an alliance of say 300 people supporting a tag of 70. Not that I see anything wrong with that I just think if we have shitty things like support planet rules in place it's all getting a bit pointless.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 14:50   #64
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Didnt you get the memo JBG? Kal wants to remove the support planet rule.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 14:54   #65
JonnyBGood
Banned

Regardless of whether or not that's true it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen though, does it?
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 14:57   #66
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Well we thwarted him this round. When he released the announcement about the MPGODODGDGDGAGOGDO (you know that crap u voted on) he also wanted to announce the removal of the supportplanet rule. luckily we were able to get him to take his pills again.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:02   #67
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Who is 'we' and what on earth do you have to do with anything PA related
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:02   #68
JonnyBGood
Banned

I see. Would you agree that the existence and legality of this tactic renders the support planet rule effectively pointless?
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:18   #69
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Would you agree that the existence and legality of this tactic renders the support planet rule effectively pointless?
It renders playing pa effectively pointless.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:30   #70
jerome

let's all collectively stop then :o
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:40   #71
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

Already have, and I hope more than the people I already know about join in and do the same.

Playing a game where any effort put in results in a negative result is beyond lame tbh.

And I hope that anyone new that is considering playing the next free round reads this and doesnt bother.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:44   #72
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileman
Hasn't this one been done before already?
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:54   #73
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileman
The entertainment I derive from PA is largely unrelated to rank.

Personally I don't think this tactic is shit, what's shit is that it's not open to everyone. I would have personally given my stockpile to kileman but PA doesn't let me do this. Shit rules and limitations just end up being circumvented by people.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:57   #74
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Hasn't this one been done before already?
Playing has always been pointless in the sense that you don't really gain anything from it. Having said that it has killed a lot of time for a lot of people. It has also caused a lot of people to fail exams, lose jobs and what not.. quite silly if you have just a tiny weenie bit of perspective.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 16:03   #75
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
The entertainment I derive from PA is largely unrelated to rank.
I agree here, and I think that a lot of the longstanding players feel the same way. Then again most of us have had our "zomg I must win" period during our years of playing. So I understand if that is the main insentive for newer players (if there is such a thing.. im outta the loop)

Quote:
Personally I don't think this tactic is shit, what's shit is that it's not open to everyone. I would have personally given my stockpile to kileman but PA doesn't let me do this. Shit rules and limitations just end up being circumvented by people.
I think its shit too, but that might be because Im oldfashioned as far as pa goes. Ive never really liked what pa turned into post r10,5, and this is just another proof as to why.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 17:22   #76
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

LOL i thought its STANDARD in such games nowadays, that during the last week donations are disabled to prevent such a lame thing heheh

that is no effort at all, gal rankings show the performance of a gal, gal performance shouldn´t show on planet rankings (stealing the rank of someone who worked his way up there)
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 19:24   #77
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
Playing has always been pointless in the sense that you don't really gain anything from it. Having said that it has killed a lot of time for a lot of people. It has also caused a lot of people to fail exams, lose jobs and what not.. quite silly if you have just a tiny weenie bit of perspective.
No no, what I was trying to refer to, is that Kileman's trying to point out something Ascendancy already invented round 16 or so. If you browse through Ascendancy slogans, you'll find something like "While you were trying, we were sleeping". Considering how rounds 16 and 20 made some people's efforts "pointless" in a way (perhaps not as gross as this round, but the Destiny reaction to the end result regarding an XP round for r20 and the aftershocks of r16 would show people weren't all that overjoyed on the Destiny/1up sides respectively either). And here I was thinking Ascendancy was the group that made the lazy but rewarding gameplay the trademark of theirs, it's amusing to see one of their people make a post how such makes Planetarion pointless.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 21:30   #78
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
No no, what I was trying to refer to, is that Kileman's trying to point out something Ascendancy already invented round 16 or so. If you browse through Ascendancy slogans, you'll find something like "While you were trying, we were sleeping". Considering how rounds 16 and 20 made some people's efforts "pointless" in a way (perhaps not as gross as this round, but the Destiny reaction to the end result regarding an XP round for r20 and the aftershocks of r16 would show people weren't all that overjoyed on the Destiny/1up sides respectively either). And here I was thinking Ascendancy was the group that made the lazy but rewarding gameplay the trademark of theirs, it's amusing to see one of their people make a post how such makes Planetarion pointless.
aha.. well, I doubt everyone shares his views..
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 22:34   #79
Game^

Quote:
In Kileman's defence, he wasn't around then, and has never partaken in the 'easy' play. Hence my previous post stating only he in Asc can complain, as its directly affected him, and wasn't something he brought into in previous rounds.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 07:16   #80
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, don't let kilemans saltyness trickle over the alliance. I think it was a ****ing ace way to win. Its even more comical because thats what ascendancy has been doing all along. Now people are starting to pick up on it. You can effectively say that Ascendancy was "before its time".
I don't see why you would stop playing kileman (maybe you are lying?) Just think of something equally sinister to do next round. At least now you have learned the hard way that putting hour after hour into PA doesn't pay off. You only need a plan at the start, and about 10 mins to prod your donated resources at the end of the round.
LoL tbqfh
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 07:31   #81
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
In Kileman's defence, he wasn't around then, and has never partaken in the 'easy' play. Hence my previous post stating only he in Asc can complain, as its directly affected him, and wasn't something he brought into in previous rounds.
He is still effectively saying that the kind of play Ascendancy used praise a lot (I'm not sure how the situation at Ascendancy was this round, nor do I personally mock such gameplay; any methods that are within the rules and result in a good rank are good methods) is demolishing the "point" of playing Planetarion, which just strikes odd him being a member of Ascendancy. But I guess you all got this already!
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 09:04   #82
qSp

qSp will become famous soon enoughqSp will become famous soon enough

gratz greenhills <3 <3 <3
R15: #1 Galaxy rank (17:9) | #4,7,10,17,33 Planet ranks
R16 Xp round, just a couple of top 100's
R17: #1 Galaxy rank (7:1) | #1,4,10,19 Planet ranks
R18 Summer Break
R19 #1,10 Planet rank
R20 Break
R21 #1 Planet rank
qSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 17:55   #83
jerome

kileman's not doing or done anything silly - most others would've reacted a lot worse. i for one think he's taking it pretty ****ing well.
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 18:18   #84
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

He could be rampaging down his street and we'ld not know :/

Gratz Greenhills

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 04:59   #85
Tietäjä
Good Son

It just occurred to me. Was the name of the round "Price of Victory" or what?
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 10:25   #86
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvold
Then the last couple of days we've been working our assess of to manage to get the resources around so we could be sure everyone would be here last day to donate. ( If someone don't know then gal fund can max be 75mill in total). We had to do it all within fewest possible ticks as we wanted it to be a surprise
was this a single 75m donation, or repeated donations, taking advantage of the fact planet score isn't updated until the next tick?
If a single 75m donation would have gotten the planet above average score, then i'd call repeated donations an exploit of game mechanics.
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 11:18   #87
jerome

completely legal nevertheless.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 12:17   #88
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
completely legal nevertheless.

not really but somehow the mongos in pateam managed to clean the eula then they wanted to make it easier that a wank stunt like this payed off

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:00   #89
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
not really but somehow the mongos in pateam managed to clean the eula then they wanted to make it easier that a wank stunt like this payed off
...What?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:23   #90
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematician
If a single 75m donation would have gotten the planet above average score, then i'd call repeated donations an exploit of game mechanics.
I'm not sure how it was done, but here's a few examples.

Through rounds, players have used the "feature" that allowed them to tweak with the production line in order to fade out their stockpile, launch a mission, and cancel so to have the same stockpile again. This resulted in an artificially lowered bash limit, more XP for landing, and so on. Nobody ever got closed?

Even so, assume he's sent a single 75millions. He spends them, they hit the production line. They vanish for some ticks. Meanwhile, there's good time to splash in more. Exploiting? Maybe? Why does it vanish when it's on production? Questions. Anyone ever gotten closed for similar tricks? No? So it probably would not have been against the rules even if so?
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:46   #91
JonnyBGood
Banned

One would note that if the actions are repeated how they don't qualify as breaking the support planet rule is beyond me.

Quote:
Support Accounts are accounts which are dedicated to undertaking specific and repeated actions which result in an unfair benefit for a planet...
I mean seriously would anyone like to argue this with me? No offence to greenhills and his galaxy, I think what they did was pretty funny and I think the support planets rule is a pile of complete toss but considering 18.2f and 18.6c that this stood is probably more a reflection of the fact that no multihunters bothered really looking at it than it's perfectly acceptable under the current rules of Planetarion.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 14:10   #92
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

What disturbs me somewhat is that the main reason 'nothing was done' was because there was nobody around to do it in the couple of hours before ticks ended, and nobody wanted to change the rankings after ticks had stopped.

Personally, I don't think that Greenhills broke the rules, but I don't think that's why he was allowed to keep his #1 rank.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 14:20   #93
jerome

actually i take back what i said, it really is an illegal win. die pa team! kileman is ze winner!
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 14:40   #94
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

jer is right.

As always.

Winning by donations...no no no :[

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 14:59   #95
Sandvold

Sandvold will become famous soon enoughSandvold will become famous soon enough

Quote:
One would note that if the actions are repeated how they don't qualify as breaking the support planet rule is beyond me.

I mean seriously would anyone like to argue this with me? No offence to greenhills and his galaxy, I think what they did was pretty funny and I think the support planets rule is a pile of complete toss but considering 18.2f and 18.6c that this stood is probably more a reflection of the fact that no multihunters bothered really looking at it than it's perfectly acceptable under the current rules of Planetarion.
Jepp I would argue with you:P

First of all your logic is flawed and you can't quote a part of the eula without thinking true what effects it would have.

First of all Greenhills stocked his resources in the fund as well. He did not know that he was the one that was going to get the resources. So the same goes for the whole gal. No one knew so they played for themself and did it for themself, but Greenhills was the one to get it.

2nd thing is that the support planet rule applies if it's repeated actions. This was done once. If you start useing the support planet rules within a galaxy then you could just remove galaxies altogether. Haven't you ever had a scanner in your gal who have just built a certain type of defships? If he def you with it several times then he have broken the support rule as well. Cause the defships is just a spesific task for the gals benefit. You could probably add all def ingal in the same catagory as what we did. The same goes for attacking same gal on regular raids, or alliances for that mather. You're actually providing flak for another member of your galaxy.

So i strongly disagree in your use of the support rule in this case.
It would be impossible to get to work
Sandvold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 15:04   #96
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

simply lolling

im glad i was beaten by play/(greed/shrotsightedness) rather than a joke.

if id be Kileman now.. I seriously would not play this game again heh....
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 15:05   #97
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
This is a question I used to ponder hard round 17, and again this round, with certain situations. It never totally opened up to me. The whole concent of the support planet rule, it's definition, and enforcement, are way beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
What disturbs me somewhat is that the main reason 'nothing was done' was because there was nobody around to do it in the couple of hours before ticks ended, and nobody wanted to change the rankings after ticks had stopped.
Yeah. There are often very baffling reasons behind not doing anything.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 15:24   #98
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
First of all your logic is flawed and you can't quote a part of the eula without thinking true what effects it would have.
I'm going to presume from this slightly bizzare grammatical formulation that English is not your first language, which quite clearly would put you at a disadvantage given that we are in fact discussing this in English. So if you feel like you're not actually sure over what I said feel free to ask me to qualify it. Moving on to your actual point what you said is quite clearly wrong. The entire point of the existence of quotable rules is so that we can look at them, separate out the clauses involved in them and work out if they are broken by x event or series of events. In this case these actions were in fact dedicated, specific and repeated (seeing as you didn't read the earlier post I'll clarify why these were repeated a little bit later).

Quote:
First of all Greenhills stocked his resources in the fund as well. He did not know that he was the one that was going to get the resources. So the same goes for the whole gal. No one knew so they played for themself and did it for themself, but Greenhills was the one to get it.
This is slightly missing the point. Up until those resources were donated out nobody had broken any rules, and it'd be bizzare to claim that they had. That's not what I'm claiming though, so the fact he didn't know anything about who would end up with them is entirely irrelevant. All I'm claiming is that the rules were broken once the donations happened.

Quote:
2nd thing is that the support planet rule applies if it's repeated actions. This was done once.
Actually the nature of the galaxy fund meant that there had to be at least 9 donations. From looking at the sandmans value drops for your galaxy it is quite clear that planets 2,4,5 and 11 dropped over 750k value, which is the most value as resources you can donate in one go through the gal fund. Ergo, presuming these value drops were donations, and it's fairly safe to say they were I believe considering the resources could not have come from anywhere else, but if they weren't I'm quite wiling to drop whichever planet wasn't involved and concentrate on the remaining three, two or even one, these actions were in fact repeated and as such fall under the remit of the support planets rule. And if you're thinking of saying "well, these still only happened twice, does that really qualify" don't bother. Planets have been closed for actions once they have happened twice.

Quote:
If you start useing the support planet rules within a galaxy then you could just remove galaxies altogether. Haven't you ever had a scanner in your gal who have just built a certain type of defships? If he def you with it several times then he have broken the support rule as well. Cause the defships is just a spesific task for the gals benefit. You could probably add all def ingal in the same catagory as what we did. The same goes for attacking same gal on regular raids, or alliances for that mather. You're actually providing flak for another member of your galaxy.
These are all relatively valid points but none of them contradict the idea that this did break the support planet rule. I personally, as I have stated frequently in various places, disagree with the concept of the support planet rule. I don't think it's workable within the concept of a multiplayer game such as Planetarion. This has shown through here yet again and next round it'll probably result in another whack-a-mole fix which we'll all feel fairly content with until the next time something similar to this is done.

PS Temporarily shifting to mod role, can you please shorten your signature. Ten lines is the maximum length allowed on these forums.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 15:27   #99
Sandvold

Sandvold will become famous soon enoughSandvold will become famous soon enough

Actually useing the support rule within a galaxy would be as stupid as use it within an alliance.

It would never work
Sandvold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 15:31   #100
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Actually useing the support rule within a galaxy would be as stupid as use it within an alliance.

It would never work
It doesn't work anyways. Nor is this mentioned in the EULA. If you'd like to see further problems with this rule one of my earlier posts mentions them.

Quote:
This could all get taken to extremes next round incidentally. If this is allowed to stand for future rounds what is to prevent an alliance of 70 members each having two people they know bp with them and whore res for them all round while they xp-whore? You could probably convince a few people in your gal to go along with it or just get more people to sign up and exile around the universe until they end in your gal. It wouldn't be that hard to have an alliance of say 300 people supporting a tag of 70..