User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Sep 2005, 11:29   #51
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: What is your prejudice?

and eurch school seems to have started
leeds is crawing with students
i hate students
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 11:51   #52
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
I'm prejudiced against northern girls with blonde highlights and big breasts. Especially fat ones.
Those type of girls are the ones whom I find easy to have a one night stand with.

Is that a prejudice?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 12:08   #53
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hate people who think money is the be-all and end-all and talk about it frequently.

Materialistic people.

EG:

"What's your new job like?"
"Oh, it's really well paid"

Well super! I'm pretty sure I didn't ask how much you got paid though!
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 12:35   #54
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

theres lots of people i dont like, religious, materialistic, a lot of others that people have said.

the only ones who i think im actually prejudiced against would probably be "large groups of dark skinned youths".

im working on it, but i just can't help the niggling feeling that i should cross the street when im walking into a big bunch. I never do though, but i try to make myself look big and stupid stuff like that.

I just can't help it
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 13:03   #55
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
the only ones who i think im actually prejudiced against would probably be "large groups of dark skinned youths"
I think a lot of people have that though...
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 13:06   #56
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

at least i admit it, thats the first step on the road to healing...
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 13:17   #57
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Vaio, being prejudiced against the French isn't really prejudice, it's a deep-seated genetic trait that's been bred into the English for a thousand years.

As I keep telling Americans, "You've only mildly disliked the French for a few years with all that Freedom Fries bollocks, we've hated them for nearly a millenia, so don't come talking to me about how shit they are, n00b"

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 13:37   #58
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
I used to be exceptionally racist.

Now I simply hate all pakistani women who drive big Audi's with kids in the back.

I'm not racist, I realised I simply projected my hatred of the above against all races. Now I've managed to focus it, I'm truly happy.
Generally women*

*who insist on having an MPV/Off Road Vehicles to drive 1 child to school in the morning

Quote:
the only ones who i think im actually prejudiced against would probably be "large groups of dark skinned youths".

im working on it
Same, in both respects

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 15:12   #59
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
might
I knew you liked me really.

Last edited by Arachnidman; 21 Sep 2005 at 20:00.
Arachnidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 15:19   #60
Arachnidman
You love me really

Arachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond reputeArachnidman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
Well much of it is how people position themselves. The less intelligent people (for example creationists) think they know everything about everything, and yet repeatedly demonstrate that they know almost nothing. Intelligent poeple on the other hand will generally acknowledge that while they are good at some things, they are very limited at others, so for example a theoretical mathematician will not often claim that he knows everything there is to know about biology. To some degree the hallmark of intelligence is knowing where your limits are.
What he said.
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 16:42   #61
Arachnidman
You love me really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidman
People who are intelligent often don't think they are intelligent.

People who think they are intelligent are therefore not, and correctly fall under Yahwe's category.
Jeez, I got neg repped for agreeing with Yahwe!

Can't let that happen again....
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 16:43   #62
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnidman
Jeez, I got neg repped for agreeing with Yahwe!
What Utter Bastards!
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 18:47   #63
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
what is the point then?
"An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts."

If you know someone is "opinionated", "naive", or "refuse[s] to deviate from supporting a theoretical model even when it is plainly inapplicable in a real world situation", then you have knowlege of the facts. (quotes from this thread...) and are dislking them for a reason.

Last edited by SYMM; 21 Sep 2005 at 18:48. Reason: Didn't realise there was a 2nd page so added the quote...
SYMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 19:00   #64
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point

after reading all this i have a prejudice against all the ppl who posted before me i guess..
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 19:18   #65
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
theres lots of people i dont like, religious, materialistic, a lot of others that people have said.

im working on it, but i just can't help the niggling feeling that i should cross the street when im walking into a big bunch. I never do though, but i try to make myself look big and stupid stuff like that.

I just can't help it
I feel something similiar to this, except it's not just young people. It's a cultural difference, it's not race as I don't feel this aversion torwards black people from Africa.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 00:42   #66
Cuddley_Battleship
Luminous Flux

Cuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these parts

People that can't spell
Religious people
Punks/potheads
Middle class white kids that listen to rap music
Anyone who likes country music
Politicians
Hicks/Rednecks
Non computer-literate
People who don't watch the news, keep up on events, etc
Attractive women
Non-geeks (people who aren't in to science, hate star trek, hate video games, etc)
Anyone with a cute girlfriend
And many others...
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 00:47   #67
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For the record I don't feel prejudice for any friend or mentor that I have had who is black. In fact I generally don't feel prejudice for any black person once I have met them. I know it's shit and I'm working on it.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 01:43   #68
Arachnidman
You love me really

People who speak French
People who don't speak French
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 02:15   #69
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

middleclass whites who think they know everything and want to change the world (i'm a bit like this, but not much)
people who vote populist parties (left or right, but mostly right. Why oh why can a party that clearly is going to destroy this country more then anything else get over 20%?)
people who like defends the police/state/judges no matter what, beacause they "follow and uphold the law" (can be transelated to people who automatically conforms to authorothy or don't question it)
people who are elitist (i fit in there)
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 07:54   #70
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
In fact I generally don't feel prejudice for any black person once I have met them.
*SYMM bangs his head against a wall
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 08:09   #71
s|k
Caveat Lector

I'd like to cave your head in with a blunt object.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 08:11   #72
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
*SYMM bangs his head against a wall
Although I know what you mean (and I agree) it's possible to have prejudices after you've met someone. For instance, I once was talking to a girl who said she wanted to be a hairdresser. I immediately developed a prejudice about her other qualities based on her desired career.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 08:37   #73
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Those type of girls are the ones whom I find easy to have a one night stand with.

Is that a prejudice?
More a lifestyle choice

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 08:52   #74
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Although I know what you mean (and I agree) it's possible to have prejudices after you've met someone. For instance, I once was talking to a girl who said she wanted to be a hairdresser. I immediately developed a prejudice about her other qualities based on her desired career.
Oh you agree with the idiot. Great. Anyhow, it's also possible to hold prejudice against people you have not met, i.e. a general news bit account on television that features various people that you do not know. Someone standing in front of you at the grocery line, you haven't met them, you haven't had a conversation with them.

SYMM is a glorified idiot, unable to make a decent response to a topic I feel uneasy about. He's anything but sensible and aware of what it is I'm saying. It's easy to point and say half witted critical remarks without saying anything at all, and that's what he's done. You agree with that? You can make great conversation sometimes, Dante, and other times you're a dimwitted banana. SYMM's lack of intellect and force of response just gets me all boiled up inside. I really, right now, have this immense desire to cause incredible amounts of pain by violence on both your bodies. And I despise violence.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 09:04   #75
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Anyhow, it's also possible to hold prejudice against people you have not met
That was his point.

Quote:
SYMM is a glorified idiot
I'm not sure anyone's glorifying him.

Quote:
It's easy to point and say half witted critical remarks without saying anything at all, and that's what he's done. You agree with that?
A lot of people in this thread have talked about what they dislike not what they have a prejudice against. He was opposing that. If someone says "I have a prejudice against someone who raped my mother" then I'd say it's not really a prejudice unless they're making other pre-judgements about their mothers rapist before they meet him.

He was "banging his head against the wall" as far as I can see, not becuase you were wrong in what you posted, but it was a tautology as far as he was concerned. It's like saying "I am ignorant of somethings but not the things I am knowledgable about". My comment was in support of you, saying that it was possible to still have a prejudice against people you had met - so your comment wasn't necessarily wrong.

But hey, ignore that and go back to fantasising about hurting me if you like.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 14:24   #76
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Hippies. Im notorious for hating them. Actually everyone i know do.

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 16:29   #77
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddley_Battleship
People that can't spell
Religious people
Punks/potheads
Middle class white kids that listen to rap music
Anyone who likes country music
Politicians
Hicks/Rednecks
Non computer-literate
People who don't watch the news, keep up on events, etc
Attractive women
Non-geeks (people who aren't in to science, hate star trek, hate video games, etc)
Anyone with a cute girlfriend
And many others...
im just going to quote this list list instead of going back and adding them in my list one by one.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 16:38   #78
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
That was his point.

I'm not sure anyone's glorifying him.

A lot of people in this thread have talked about what they dislike not what they have a prejudice against. He was opposing that. If someone says "I have a prejudice against someone who raped my mother" then I'd say it's not really a prejudice unless they're making other pre-judgements about their mothers rapist before they meet him.

He was "banging his head against the wall" as far as I can see, not becuase you were wrong in what you posted, but it was a tautology as far as he was concerned. It's like saying "I am ignorant of somethings but not the things I am knowledgable about". My comment was in support of you, saying that it was possible to still have a prejudice against people you had met - so your comment wasn't necessarily wrong.

But hey, ignore that and go back to fantasising about hurting me if you like.
You're reading too much into what he said, because he said nothing at all.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 16:53   #79
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You're reading too much into what he said, because he said nothing at all.
His most recent remark needs to be read in light of his other comments earlier in the thread.
Quote:
A lot of people seem to have missed the point of a prejudice... :|
Quote:
"An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts."

If you know someone is "opinionated", "naive", or "refuse[s] to deviate from supporting a theoretical model even when it is plainly inapplicable in a real world situation", then you have knowlege of the facts. (quotes from this thread...) and are dislking them for a reason.
I don't really see how my summary of what he said, i.e.
Quote:
Is unreasonable.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 16:55   #80
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
His most recent remark needs to be read in light of his other comments earlier in the thread.

I don't really see how my summary of what he said, i.e.

Is unreasonable.
Oh.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 17:04   #81
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People who wear shoes indoors.

I think that's my only "prejudice". I also hate poor people, unreformed marxists, anyone who actually follows ayn rand, christians, priests, people who don't like tea, vegetarians, people who write for capmag, white nationalists, black nationalists, muslims, celebrity buddhists, people who dismiss theories by saying "it's just a theory", conspiracy theorists, americans who voted republican, americans who voted democrat, americans who voted for nader or any of those hopeless faggots, faggots, repressed gays, flamboyant gays, black people, jews, white people who think they're black, jews who think they're white (racism lol!), anyone who believes in the power of astrology, anyone who believes in the power of astronomy, politicians who aren't corrupt, men who dislike football, people that follow soap operas, people who perform on soap operas and didier drogba. All those are justified though. Although come to think of it I haven't met that many cool people who wear shoes indoors.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 17:18   #82
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

People who smoke make me want to bash their face in.

ps JBG hates me :cry: :cry: :cry:
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 19:10   #83
s|k
Caveat Lector

People who eat with their mouths open. (Yes it's a dislike, not a prejudice, thank you pedantic ****s Dante and SYMM)
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 19:42   #84
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
People who eat with their mouths open. (Yes it's a dislike, not a prejudice, thank you pedantic ****s Dante and SYMM)
there's no reason you couldn't have a prejudice against people who chew with their mouths open.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 19:50   #85
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Obviously we all dislike people who eat with their mouths open because it's annoying to eat with your mouth open. Prejudice would be more like I'm not going to give this black man this job because he's probably pretty thick and might sell the company for some fried chicken.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 19:50   #86
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
there's no reason you couldn't have a prejudice against people who chew with their mouths open.
It wouldn't be a prejudice as pointed out by Dante and SYMM . Unless I missed the point. Again.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 19:53   #87
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
It wouldn't be a prejudice as pointed out by Dante and SYMM . Unless I missed the point. Again.
Prejudice would be an irrational extrapolation based on incomplete background knowledge. In some cases your background knowledge is pretty complete and your extrapolation is fairly rational so it's not a prejudice but it still might be negative so...dislike!
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 20:07   #88
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
kinda what jonny said.

if you see someone eating with their mouth open and think "I think he probably has terrible manners and therefore I don't like him" that's not really prejudice.

if you see someone eating with their mouth open and think "i bet he wants to steal my wallet, then rape me in the ass with his huge, throbbing, black manpenis therefore i don't like him" that might be.

rational extrapolation is perfectly good phrase for it.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 20:07   #89
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Prejudice would be an irrational extrapolation based on incomplete background knowledge. In some cases your background knowledge is pretty complete and your extrapolation is fairly rational so it's not a prejudice but it still might be negative so...dislike!
Well, I agree JBG, but If one examines postcapitalist narrative, one is faced with a choice: either accept the dialectic paradigm of expression or conclude that the raison d'etre of the poet is significant form. It could be said that postcapitalist narrative implies that the law is capable of significance, given that reality is distinct from language. The subject is interpolated into a posttextual semanticist theory that includes consciousness as a whole.
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 20:13   #90
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
but If one examines postcapitalist narrative
Yeah, it was all pretty much downhill from there wasn't it?
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 20:16   #91
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Yeah, it was all pretty much downhill from there wasn't it?
In my defense:
Quote:
<nick> AIDS LAWL
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 20:28   #92
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute

I could say I'm prejudiced against black people; if I was to walk down a street I would find a group of similarly dressed black people quite viscerally fearsome. But similarly I would find a group of Rangers fans quite fearsome, a group of Sikhs quite fearsome, a group of Japanese people quite fearsome. To be honest I could probably find some fear in the prospect of having to walk past a gathering of Rabbis.

I am prejudiced against everybody, but it's not something for which I'm ashamed. Whenever I see people displaying a different culture of my own, it is a challenge to my culture and one to my beliefs. Possibly in understanding the roots of my prejudice (if it can be said that I do), I am able to partially overcome it; in fact where I live now I enjoy the multiculturalism, even if it does sometimes intimidate me.

Other than that I am generally quite cynical toward people who express some form of liking towards me (not just sexually). I am probably a little insecure, otherwise I like the initiative to rest within my grasp (the same thing really); I don't really know the roots of this prejudice. What I can say categorically is that when I am making breakfast tomorrow if the attractive blonde girl from down the corridor comes into the kitchen and strikes up a conversation I won't be entirely trusting of her. It's something that causes me a considerable amount of anguish both before and after I have formed and broken relationships with people.
Ephor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 20:32   #93
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

So angry , and I wasn't even disagreeing with him :|
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 20:50   #94
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephor
Other than that I am generally quite cynical toward people who express some form of liking towards me (not just sexually). I am probably a little insecure, otherwise I like the initiative to rest within my grasp (the same thing really); I don't really know the roots of this prejudice. What I can say categorically is that when I am making breakfast tomorrow if the attractive blonde girl from down the corridor comes into the kitchen and strikes up a conversation I won't be entirely trusting of her. It's something that causes me a considerable amount of anguish both before and after I have formed and broken relationships with people.
That's so tragic :(
Unread 22 Sep 2005, 22:05   #95
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

People who wear shell suits.

Women who wear too much makeup.

Women who wear clothes that are too small for them.

I basically prejudge anyone who chooses to dress like a spastic.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 03:12   #96
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

You know it took me a long time to think of something I have a genuine prejudice toward, but I have found one.

AMD processors, since their ****up with the K6 I've never touched one since.
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 08:02   #97
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's so tragic
I would be surprised if people in general don't experience the same anxiety as me. Maybe you believe it or not, but my present condition doesn't trouble me, otherwise I may have been less confident in sharing it. I am aware of my shortcomings, and I work to improve them.

I doubt of course that you were entirely sincere in your comment, but I feel I should dispel that notion nonetheless.
Ephor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2005, 20:38   #98
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

linda bloody barker

i want to poke her eyes out with fork and beat her to death with one of her own limbs