User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Oct 2004, 18:53   #1
starmog
Star teh mog0r

starmog will become famous soon enoughstarmog will become famous soon enough
resident evil 2

trailer here

any thoughts?

its out this friday.....
insert here
starmog custom rank designed by Pyr0 rank design services lmtd.
starmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2004, 19:09   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: resident evil 2

it's meant to be awful.

But I like mindless zombie films. And RE1 had cool atmospheric music and some jumpy bits. Ok, the acting and the stroyline are crap but hey, I don't care.

This one looks like more of the same.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2004, 20:26   #3
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Okies, Given I've seen this twice lemme recap what I feel especially after watchign the most recent DVD release of the original.

The continuity is there.

The Horror/Thriller/Suspense is not.

The Action is there.

The tie-ins to the game Series is there.

The plot and dialogue are good enough for an action movie.

The Dark Humour misses.

The Special effects with regards to pyro's and CGI are not as good as the first one.

The make up and puppets (if you could call it that) are top notch.

The movie stays away from romanticism.

The combat action scenes were too blurry for my preference (clearly skipping out on costs).

The actors aren't of as a high quality as the last movie.

No great Tit/Beaver shots of milla like in the first one.

and finally...

The ending totally sucks total ass and makes you wish you could shoot them in the face twice with bullets.

Last edited by Sunday8pm; 7 Oct 2004 at 05:48.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2004, 21:29   #4
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
The actors aren't of as a high quality as the last movie.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2004, 23:31   #5
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i still want to see it
Unread 6 Oct 2004, 23:54   #6
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
The make up and puppets (if you could call it that) are top notch.
Jonathan Ross said that make up was sooooo awful in that film that the zombies don't actually look as great as the 1st one.

The only reason I'm going to see it is because it's Resident Evil. Should be good enough for my £3.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 04:58   #7
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

It's got Milla Jovovich in it.. what more reason does any red-blooded male need
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 05:02   #8
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

why watch movies anyway, i read the plot/spoiler for this movie weeks ago, and yes, from the sounds if it the ending sucks
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 05:46   #9
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Jonathan Ross said that make up was sooooo awful in that film that the zombies don't actually look as great as the 1st one.

The only reason I'm going to see it is because it's Resident Evil. Should be good enough for my £3.
I personally felt that the make up with regards to making people look like zombie's and the effects done on the main bad guy were a lot better with regards to getting the feel of the movie, I mean the zombie's in the original were great too, I'm just super glad they steered away from CGI, it has that uncanny valley feeling to it when they do.
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 05:47   #10
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muha
why watch movies anyway, i read the plot/spoiler for this movie weeks ago, and yes, from the sounds if it the ending sucks
It really blows chunks and takes a massive MASSIVE veer away from the Resident Evil Franchise Storyline they were doing so well to loosely follow.

Less tits and fanny in this one too, in fact I'll put that in my original post.
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 10:19   #11
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I personally felt that the make up with regards to making people look like zombie's and the effects done on the main bad guy were a lot better with regards to getting the feel of the movie, I mean the zombie's in the original were great too, I'm just super glad they steered away from CGI, it has that uncanny valley feeling to it when they do.
Ross agrees that Nemesis was cool. I think they did well with Nemesis although now I'm expecting a couple of movies to explain RE1 and RE2. Because let's face it, the 1st film was long before RE1 and ends at the beginning of RE3.
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 23:40   #12
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

I really enjoyed the movie ...
I thought the whole movie was going to revolve around running/shooting lickers (at least I did from the early pre-views).
All in all I'd say it's a good 8/10 for a movie ... and obviously expect more sequels.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2004, 11:16   #13
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It really blows chunks and takes a massive MASSIVE veer away from the Resident Evil Franchise Storyline they were doing so well to loosely follow.

Less tits and fanny in this one too, in fact I'll put that in my original post.

its really that bad?, i obviously cant make full judgement until i actually see the movie(Damn NZ release dates) but it did seem a little....anti-climatic, aswell has i dont remember anything from the games about the 'project'
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 13:52   #14
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

Before I start this post it may contain spoilers.
When watching the movie at the cinema it had the standard horror. I smiled in some parts, as there were quite a few similarities to the game. If you have played the games and seen the film then continue to read.

The obvious similarities to the game would be Nemesis, the city etc.
To begin with I was very impressed with Jill Valentines costume, we were not fobbed of with some cheap imitation .
The girl in the film (Angie Ashford) acts like Sherry Birkin, who is also the daughter of the scientist in the wheel cheer. The developer of the T-Virus (G-Virus in the game) is William Birkin, her father! Yes, the one from Resident Evil 2.
The next thing is the mercenaries! Carlos Olivera and Nicholai Sokolov (in the game he is named Nicholai Gonovaef ) are both in the Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. Also the scenes with them fighting in the road, even when the grenades were thrown they are both in the intro FMV to RE3.
Some other smaller similarities I noticed were:
- When Alice was running down that glass corridor and the helicopter was flying around the side of the building and firing the mini/chain gun from the helicopter, twas from Code Veronica. Also when she saw those 3 men she dropped her gun then dropped and picked it up, so very similar to Code Veronica.
- When the nuke was flying over the city, the different camera angles, ending to RE3.
- The school replaced the police station in RE2.

I was quite pleased with the film. It was a huge improvement from the first one. Giving the Nemesis a chain gun was good idea.
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 20:13   #15
Sunday8pm
Banned

Yes, but you can't ignore how shit the ending was....
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:12   #16
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixxard
Before I start this post it may contain spoilers.
When watching the movie at the cinema it had the standard horror. I smiled in some parts, as there were quite a few similarities to the game. If you have played the games and seen the film then continue to read.

The obvious similarities to the game would be Nemesis, the city etc.
To begin with I was very impressed with Jill Valentines costume, we were not fobbed of with some cheap imitation .
The girl in the film (Angie Ashford) acts like Sherry Birkin, who is also the daughter of the scientist in the wheel cheer. The developer of the T-Virus (G-Virus in the game) is William Birkin, her father! Yes, the one from Resident Evil 2.
The next thing is the mercenaries! Carlos Olivera and Nicholai Sokolov (in the game he is named Nicholai Gonovaef ) are both in the Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. Also the scenes with them fighting in the road, even when the grenades were thrown they are both in the intro FMV to RE3.
Some other smaller similarities I noticed were:
- When Alice was running down that glass corridor and the helicopter was flying around the side of the building and firing the mini/chain gun from the helicopter, twas from Code Veronica. Also when she saw those 3 men she dropped her gun then dropped and picked it up, so very similar to Code Veronica.
- When the nuke was flying over the city, the different camera angles, ending to RE3.
- The school replaced the police station in RE2.

I was quite pleased with the film. It was a huge improvement from the first one. Giving the Nemesis a chain gun was good idea.
If it's that much of an improvement, I'm definitely going to see it.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:15   #17
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
If it's that much of an improvement, I'm definitely going to see it.
In those respects yes it's so worth it, I'm sorry I just hated the ending so much...
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:21   #18
Blastoderm
________

I suppose you hated the ending just as much as I hated the ending to Collateral.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:24   #19
Sunday8pm
Banned

Well if you want to see this for the Res Evil series authenticity, the ending butchers all authenticity it had.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:25   #20
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Well if you want to see this for the Res Evil series authenticity, the ending butchers all authenticity it had.
Lol.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:43   #21
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

I found Resident Evil: Apocalypse baffling and chilling. I was expecting all traditional hallmarks of theatre to be sacrificed to the game's franchise, all conceits of artistry to be forfeit to the oafish button-banging bottom line. But in an irony more terrible than the darkest of Umbrella Organisation experiments it became truely cerebral and enigmatic; you cannot leave the cinema without a sense of wonder that humanity has managed to fill 94 minutes without the slightest trace of style or substance of any kind. The true horror is the sheer emptiness. A must see.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 21:46   #22
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yes, but you can't ignore how shit the ending was....
it was ok, but It looked very patchy and rushed. flipping from scene to scene very quickly.
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 23:19   #23
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixxard
it was ok, but It looked very patchy and rushed. flipping from scene to scene very quickly.
I also don't remember Resident Evil ever going the way it did ending wise as a franchise.