User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 25 Oct 2010, 12:42   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
pa team fail #1725347484

[12:38:38] <@Appocomaster> it's come to our attention
[12:39:06] <@Appocomaster> that the alliance waiting period between leaving an alliance and rejoining one was left at 0 after the last havoc
[12:39:18] <@Appocomaster> so for the last week or so people have been able to swap alliances

Another great moment of PA Team organisation and skill
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2010, 13:06   #2
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold
Re: pa team fail #1725347484

yeah major cock up.
Seriously guys? wtf?
it has taken you till now to notice?
This is an exploitation of a bug in the game.
People were closed last round for exploiting bugs in the game.
Why not now?

Is everyone really that dishonest that they didn't report this?
Unread 25 Oct 2010, 13:09   #3
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Thats really terrible, one of those arbitrary and irritating limitations not working, I'm crying into my cup of tea.
Since the time space really only served to give the alliance a person is departing time to flatten them i don't see why anyone would complain really, its not as though there has been dozens of people shifting allies, has there?
Unread 25 Oct 2010, 13:16   #4
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAsta_MArk View Post
Is everyone really that dishonest that they didn't report this?
Perhaps simply no one has switched alliance til now! Or if they did they assumed the limit was still in place and did not check. Why do you have to assume the worst in people?

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2010, 13:24   #5
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Perhaps simply no one has switched alliance til now! Or if they did they assumed the limit was still in place and did not check. Why do you have to assume the worst in people?
Because this is the internet?
Unread 25 Oct 2010, 13:33   #6
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

OK so 22 people is more than I expected, but if I'm being pedantic its still not technically dozens!
It still may not be with criminal intent that people did not mention it to the PA crew, I've never changed allies mid-round before, if I had done so in the last week I wouldn't have noticed anything out of the ordinary, even though I knew at some point there was a 48 hour period, its removal at some point would hardly have shocked me so I would just assume nothing is wrong; not being observant is not actually being dishonest.
Unread 25 Oct 2010, 13:44   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It was indeed a bit dumb to forget this, but honestly, it's not that big a deal.

Turning things like this on and off is something that should be automated, though.

Also, this has nothing to do with politics, so I'll move it to PD.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2010, 16:53   #8
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, and that vacmode thing from last round huh? Total admin cockup...
Unread 25 Oct 2010, 16:58   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That was indeed the other "thing like this" I was referring to.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 26 Oct 2010, 14:35   #10
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

People have been closed round after round for exploiting bugs and here we have 22 people who have done just an equal crime and absolutly nothing! is being done.
It is ****ing disgraceful.
There has been absolutly no repercussions on these people and all it does is send a message to everyone that cheating is ok as long as you dont get caught.
Maybe i should sign up an account on my uni network, one on my girlfriends internet access, one on my home and another on my phone.
Multi ftw! Just gotta not get caught
Unread 26 Oct 2010, 14:41   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This isn't multiing and nor is it actually bug exploitation. This is like pateam forgetting to code in bash limits. A bug exploit would be if you prelaunch +11, cancel it, do a voodoo dance and then prelaunch again you can avoid the bash limit.
Unread 26 Oct 2010, 14:52   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
There has been absolutly no repercussions on these people and all it does is send a message to everyone that cheating is ok as long as you dont get caught.
Except they did get "caught". It just wasn't cheating (as JBG said).
Unread 27 Oct 2010, 13:33   #13
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
People have been closed round after round for exploiting bugs and here we have 22 people who have done just an equal crime and absolutly nothing! is being done.
It is ****ing disgraceful.
Maybe i should sign up an account on my uni network, one on my girlfriends internet access, one on my home and another on my phone.
Multi ftw! Just gotta not get caught
Why not?

Half of the Ziks in the Universe have at least 1 "Pony" planet which they use for ship donations, usually it is Cath, but this round has seen a big increase in ETD "Pony" Planets

Perhaps it is down to the ETD being the new Cath ?

And if you did this, it is doubtful you would be caught, let alone closed.
Unread 27 Oct 2010, 13:46   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.

God, you're dumb.
Unread 27 Oct 2010, 18:36   #15
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

I lol'd.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2010, 02:34   #16
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
People were closed last round for exploiting bugs in the game.
Why not now?
uh seriously there are ppl using bugs and not reporting them? This really shocks me! Maybe because they fear getting closed for reporting?

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2010, 08:56   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Or maybe there are no bugs. That could also be it. But I guess that's not quite how you want the story to be told.
Unread 29 Oct 2010, 13:12   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I for one would like to propose a new rule for the forums whereby we get to ban people for outright stupidity. All in favour say "only mz's vote counts".