User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 26 Jul 2011, 13:38   #1
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
The Havoc for this round.

As a huge fan of Havoc time and of Factory I will clearly nail my colours to the mast, I like havoc, I enjoy the speed of ticks and the domination (or attempted) of Factory on the rest.

That said I can see the appeal of CTF and it was quite enjoyable last round for the second week.

However the drawbacks for me, and probably for most, is that roughly (and this is a pure guess) 2 or 3 players in each galaxy bother to play havoc with any sort of effort, and even less play it through to the end. (giving up often due to work or other interests).

This leaves the players who want to play with very little support from his (or her) galaxy. Given that CTF will mean no allies, it pretty much leaves each player exposed to gang banging by a group of players who will pretty much play in that way, not really caring who or what they destroy.

I would suggest that for CTF players are allowed before tick start to Create new Private Galaxies with up to and limited to a maximum of 6 players.

This will allow for the team play element to continue, and for better defensive options.

It would also be a fair reflection on the most active players and galaxies.

Feel free to shoot this "suggestion" to pieces with the usual insults.

Judge
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 15:03   #2
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of
Re: The Havoc for this round.

Personally, I don't see the attraction of a small group of players farming inactives for however long havoc lasts these days.

My understanding of the original purpose of havoc was that it was for individuals to have fun by "getting a bit of revenge" on the "big bullies" who'd been picking on them during the previous round. Anything which enables those "bullies" to be just as (or even more) organised during havoc seems to be counterproductive.

Still, no matter how havoc is organised there's no way that I'll waste my time on it. After seven weeks of the activity I put into each round I'm ready for a break. (I actually wish there was a mechanism whereby I could delete my planet at the end of the round *before* the first few fleets land on it).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2011, 00:18   #3
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
Still, no matter how havoc is organised there's no way that I'll waste my time on it. After seven weeks of the activity I put into each round I'm ready for a break.
Amen

On topic - The idea seems fine tbh, it would bring havoc into more of a speed round in the setup. I guess small fish still could hit those who farmed them all round, so yea why not
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2011, 23:37   #4
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

te be honest the alliances in havoc destroyed all the fun. Disable alliances, and let:

1) all players goto c200
2) allow private gals of 5 ppl
3) only people active (loggin in and forming a private galaxy, or going 'random') are moved to the active universe
4) disable alliances (basicly making this a galaxy havoc)
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2011, 12:45   #5
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

i've always been curious , those saddo's that take havoc serious do you get a hardon when you land on a planet that thats been idle since the real round ends ?

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2011, 17:15   #6
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
i've always been curious , those saddo's that take havoc serious do you get a hardon when you land on a planet that thats been idle since the real round ends ?
i predict it's the same feeling as the high school looser gets when he finally, after sixty years, comes up with a great comeback to his bully.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2011, 12:59   #7
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that people would form an alliance to play havoc is just lol.

Also, Nighttime protection during havoc ftw!
Unread 2 Aug 2011, 10:14   #8
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

yer, and CTF is a roaring success

I estimate that at least 90% of people are not playing and of the 10% left most of them are idle as all the flags have been taken and moved into Fort galaxies.

Waste of time:

At least with a regular Havoc game, there is some competition for more than 48 hours
Unread 2 Aug 2011, 11:39   #9
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

biggest turnoff - alliances in havoc..

havent played havoc seriously for a long long time and prolly wont play it seriously in the future rounds either.. tho the times i put a lil effort in as launching a few attacks and defence ingal, i got bored after a few attempts, since there were millions of Factory ships agasint me :P

it should be fun time with more attacking than defending imo and implementing the CTF would give a lil more purpous to it, rather than just farming inactives and roiding other planets.. idea of having 5man priv gals and random gals being 2-3x bigger sounds like fun to me at least
Unread 2 Aug 2011, 13:01   #10
zFerg

zFerg is an unknown quantity at this point

I, for one, am absolutely loving this havoc.

No failtory really improves the dynamic of this end of round bonus game.
zFerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2011, 13:48   #11
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Havoc is great for being used for fun, FC's and gangbangs.

No-one os bothering with flags though, too hard to cap. I landed on loads and never capped one.

So yeah, fc's etc ftw
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2011, 13:56   #12
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
yer, and CTF is a roaring success

I estimate that at least 90% of people are not playing and of the 10% left most of them are idle as all the flags have been taken and moved into Fort galaxies.

Waste of time:

At least with a regular Havoc game, there is some competition for more than 48 hours
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amXeJrA-wDc&ob=av2n

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel

Last edited by lokken; 2 Aug 2011 at 19:12.
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2011, 19:15   #13
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Civilised discourse, please
Unread 2 Aug 2011, 20:19   #14
Kolla

Kolla is on a distinguished road

CTF sucks with one inactive galaxy and without defense page
we need changes
- A new buddy pack for havoc CTF
- Set to 0 roids and apply bonusses
Appoc: at least set some advantages to the Flag asteroids
PA is dying come on¡¡¡ recruit more people
Kolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2011, 00:08   #15
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

CTF was great tonight and lots of fun has been had
Unread 4 Aug 2011, 04:49   #16
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

The problem i have with disabling ally's is that people still group up for attacks out of game. So it doesn't matter if there is no ally. So why not just bring them back. Havoc is suppose to be fun. Not rape/rape/rape/rape. And i do agree kick all the inactives to c200 and when you login again you get assigned back into the normal uni in priv gals of 5.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2011, 08:15   #17
Forest

Hmm Tia would that be cause you had approx 10 ticks of incoming and everyone in your gal quit?

Maybe things have changed, in the olden days havoc was about having fun and getting revenge for things that happened in the main round
Unread 4 Aug 2011, 08:33   #18
Forest

<Clouds> I can't believe you're actually putting in the time in 'havoc', Forest
<Clouds> That's quite sad :-P

Just made me lol, coming from someone who had loads of flags and was top 20
Unread 4 Aug 2011, 18:08   #19
zFerg

Gotta say I love this havoc round-

yeah, if your gal goes #1 and gets a ton of flags, it gets teamed up on. but it goes around as well.

if you get incs uncovered, who cares- its havoc.

im having a blast.
Unread 4 Aug 2011, 20:25   #20
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
The problem i have with disabling ally's is that people still group up for attacks out of game. So it doesn't matter if there is no ally. So why not just bring them back. Havoc is suppose to be fun. Not rape/rape/rape/rape. And i do agree kick all the inactives to c200 and when you login again you get assigned back into the normal uni in priv gals of 5.

They can group up for attacking, however cant defend alliance, which makes attacks more landable and havoc more enjoyable.. at least imo
Unread 4 Aug 2011, 23:50   #21
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I am loving it. I like it even better than the regular round! Plenty of action during the day, nights i just hide my ships at home and get my share of sleep. If it wasn't for those pesky sks. One suggestion for next havoc: enable a feature to hide constructions, with the downside that while hidden, they do not contribute to your planet (i.e. No mining bonus, can't block scans, no security bonus, etc.). Or get rid of sks.
Unread 5 Aug 2011, 00:12   #22
zFerg

sk's suck-

but you could always put out some 'sacrifice' ships overnight to hopefully limit the 1st wave of sk's.