User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Feb 2005, 16:20   #51
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PA Dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
then block me....i have a neg rep and noone signed them and told me why

seems Tis added one neg just to inform me that pig is hotter than me.... ALL LIES!!!!!!!
Pig is hot though, so Tis has a point there

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 00:04   #52
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

lol

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 01:04   #53
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
An idiot`s worst enemy is himself!

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=178661

This idiot even realise it!
Lol.
I am starting to get attracted to you. Sadly you show that you still misunderstand my thread.
I don't know if you dislike me or love me, BUT I do know you have feelings for me.

On topic: PA is dead because, people started worrying about how they were viewed politically vice in game play. Like, people actually agreed in one thread that doing well wasn't everything.
If you log on to the internet to LOSE, log off and slap yourself. Chances are you are losing in life as well.
CHAO!!!!? CHIAO!!!!!? hmmm, hopefully one of those is right.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 07:36   #54
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about

I think once people realise wargames are all about backstabbing a killing off enemies and potential gain through manipulating allies the more fun they have.

The only real constant in a wargame is trying to beat the rest and lay claim to being the best.... albeit through some pretty ordinary crosses and double-crosses and revenge next round then swing up to hit some-one off the floor to below you.

Make it a stoush... any-one who pretends they havent crossed an ally is lying..... but the next round you can have a laugh and even sometimes team up with the people you did the dirty on.

We had a spy in Legion...... Ice... now he was a BC and hurt us but having said that I still liked the guy and enjoyed talking to him afterwards and even working with him. Some of the people who felt betrayed in round7 by me (thats another story) worked with me in future rounds and even understood some of the things that happened. I know of certain people who lived to backstab people but then again they were having fun doing it and war is war.

Perhaps the only constant is that Spinner screwed up things by doing what he wanted and being somewhat pigheaded he only listened to himself and he killed PA. (Tis... there is the spinner spam you expected ) (surprisingly it still makes me feel good spamming spinner).

Wargames... love em or hate em but never forgive crew
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 13:48   #55
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

I bet I have at least 1 red dot under my name
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 13:50   #56
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

so I do
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 14:37   #57
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road

PA = Politics = Backstabbing

Always been that way, alwasy will be that way. Its no use to have everyone like you. And it will never work. Play the game, work together, backstab someone, and the game gets some new pulses

So after all, backstabbing = good for PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 19:15   #58
Stabber
Big Man

Stabber is an unknown quantity at this point

rehs?????????????
Stabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 21:35   #59
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

pa will be dead if they dont get a move on :<
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 22:30   #60
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

If PA dies, it dies, if it doesn't, it doesnt.

Whatever happens, all you can definately comment on is what is happening right now and with R13 approaching (and with R11/12 having better populations then previous round), anyone who says PA is going to die soon is just joining the death wagon thats been travelling these parts for like 3 years now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred
I think once people realise wargames are all about backstabbing a killing off enemies and potential gain through manipulating allies the more fun they have.

The only real constant in a wargame is trying to beat the rest and lay claim to being the best.... albeit through some pretty ordinary crosses and double-crosses and revenge next round then swing up to hit some-one off the floor to below you.

Make it a stoush... any-one who pretends they havent crossed an ally is lying..... but the next round you can have a laugh and even sometimes team up with the people you did the dirty on.

We had a spy in Legion...... Ice... now he was a BC and hurt us but having said that I still liked the guy and enjoyed talking to him afterwards and even working with him. Some of the people who felt betrayed in round7 by me (thats another story) worked with me in future rounds and even understood some of the things that happened. I know of certain people who lived to backstab people but then again they were having fun doing it and war is war.
Its news to me if this kind of thing doesnt already continue?

No offense Fred but you seem to be making a lot of assumptions about this game for somebody who apparently hasnt played for a long time? I've played Since R2 in some form or another and the "darkside" of PA has remained untouched, its just evolved into a "mass media aware" form.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]

Last edited by Seth Mace; 24 Feb 2005 at 22:48.
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 22:39   #61
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
If PA dies, it dies, if it doesn't, it doesnt.

No offense Fred but you seem to be making a lot of assumptions about this game for somebody who apparently hasnt played for a long time? I've played Since R2 in some form or another and the "darkside" of PA has remained untouched, its just evolved into a different "publicity aware" form.
True I havent played since round10 but I did play every round before that and had a moderate amount of success along with a few other games thrown in with reasonable amounts of players. So I think perhaps I can make assumptions about things unless of course the game had deteriorated into a boring repetition sim game.

If the bleeding hearts have won and its a different "publicity aware" game then its lost its edge on being about war and the associated treacheries.

Of course this would make spinner happy as he always wanted an "animal farm" style game where every-one was equal... just some more equal than others and that the lame were propped up simply to keep them happy.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 22:58   #62
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
anyone who says PA is going to die soon is just joining the death wagon thats been travelling these parts for like 3 years now?
Indeed, PA has shown a remarkable ability to bounce back from the grave several times in its history.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 23:22   #63
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Well i do understand where you are coming from if r10 was your last round, if you had stuck around for one more round you would have possibly experienced the best round for ages.

It's hard to really discuss this topic impartially, for the obvious reason that this issue is totally subjective. I personally felt round 11 was the best in ages and R12 was probably just as good, it certainly involved more dirty tactics and from a public politics point of view, well it was as nasty as any round ive witnessed. (That could be because i was being trollingly flamed to death by some 1up & ND n00bs though;P)

I say you should give PA a short go and see what you think Fred

Just remember events happen in smaller proportions now, whatever anybody thinks, they cannot argue the issue of PA now having a much smaller memberbase then before. However this doesnt mean it's lost any of its spirit?
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 12:15   #64
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

PA will only be dead when spinner makes galaxy 1.1 able to attack each other so there is someone to attack so till then keep playing :P

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 12:20   #65
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred of Bedrock
True I havent played since round10 but I did play every round before that and had a moderate amount of success along with a few other games thrown in with reasonable amounts of players. So I think perhaps I can make assumptions about things unless of course the game had deteriorated into a boring repetition sim game.

If the bleeding hearts have won and its a different "publicity aware" game then its lost its edge on being about war and the associated treacheries.

Of course this would make spinner happy as he always wanted an "animal farm" style game where every-one was equal... just some more equal than others and that the lame were propped up simply to keep them happy.
Come back to us Fred We might drag BDB back into PA also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 22:55   #66
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

"long time listner, first time caller"

The game have died a long time ago compared to r3-6.
And Spinner is one major reason for that.

Btw Fred: Since when did you start spamming this forum?
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 00:07   #67
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbat
Hello!

"long time listner, first time caller"

The game have died a long time ago compared to r3-6.
And Spinner is one major reason for that.

Btw Fred: Since when did you start spamming this forum?
you sure u been listening? the game has actually seen an increase in players.
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 10:25   #68
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point

So does the ppl count in aruba also, but they aint getting fewer problems out of that reason...

But filthy: But i think its good that the community get bigger again, but still compared to the good old days its nearly dead.