User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Nov 2004, 05:14   #1
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
I hate 1up

Here it is, your very own thread to malign and defile that alliance you love to hate. Come one, come all, just quit ****ing derailing other threads with it.

Eol, Zhukov, and whoever else wants to can feel free to masturbate eachother here.

And today, a special offer, for 1up trolls only, you get to post why you hate the people who hate 1up! You too can extoll the virtues of the patron HC, fling mud about crap HC in crumbling alliances and best of all, explain to the poor ignorant masses how much better a 1up player is than a non-1up player.

Last edited by Jester; 14 Nov 2004 at 23:07.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 05:26   #2
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Re: I hate 1up

In case there's still slot for some pre-fights, add Thunder, CrazyConrad, Cochese, jerome', mazz, Zhil, Chika, Legator to the bouts. I mean, Don King productions won't mind sponsoring it....

This is a sell out event.

/me grabs a popcorn

Last edited by furssie; 13 Nov 2004 at 05:32.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 09:15   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon Psi, let's go!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 09:23   #4
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
In case there's still slot for some pre-fights, add Thunder, CrazyConrad, Cochese, jerome', mazz, Zhil, Chika, Legator to the bouts. I mean, Don King productions won't mind sponsoring it....

This is a sell out event.

/me grabs a popcorn

i wonder why i am in that list !

back to topic.

i hate those who hate 1up because they roid me ! (i hope this is enough explanation for you jester, not that you delete on of my posts again )
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 09:39   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I win for trolling CrazyConrad, then him hitting my galaxy.

Oh, and apparently LCH can't get it done alone, so they needed Mistu AND Vengeance as well. "Pld" and whatnot.

lollyroffle

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 11:43   #6
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Here it is, your very own thread to malign and defile that alliance you love to hate. Come one, come all, just quit ****ing derailing other threads with it.

Eol, Zhukov, Kjel and whoever else wants to can feel free to masturbate eachother here.

And today, a special offer, for 1up trolls only, you get to post why you hate the people who hate 1up! You too can extoll the virtues of the patron HC, fling mud about crap HC in crumbling alliances and best of all, explain to the poor ignorant masses how much better a 1up player is than a non-1up player.
act like a grownup for once jester. I did not troll 1up, if you can be arsed to even READ what I wrote, you'd realize that. I only "strongly" went in against whatever bullshit Cohese wrote, that's all.

And then pple wonder why you're biassed like hell ... you're 1up ffs, if that wasn't that obvious even. So it finally managed to interfere with your modding... great

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 11:46   #7
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
act like a grownup for once jester. I did not troll 1up, if you can be arsed to even READ what I wrote, you'd realize that. I only "strongly" went in against whatever bullshit Cohese wrote, that's all.

And then pple wonder why you're biassed like hell ... you're 1up ffs, if that wasn't that obvious even. So it finally managed to interfere with your modding... great
Well, I for one thought this thread (and it's original post was good fun). I'm sorry if he's thrown you into the lot with us old rusty trolls (me and Zhukov), and my one criticism is perhaps that he did. I'm insulted to be compared with the likes of you.

(BTW, I dunno if you read my and Zhukovs "contributions" in boredom, but we really did derail it completely. Deleting them was good modding, not biased modding. Modding is about keeping discussion on target - keeping the posts there would have completely blown any chance of that happening. But, then again, I suspect you don't know the semantics of "discussion" anyway.)
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 11:54   #8
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol
Well, I for one thought this thread (and it's original post was good fun). I'm sorry if he's thrown you into the lot with us old rusty trolls (me and Zhukov), and my one criticism is perhaps that he did. I'm insulted to be compared with the likes of you.

(BTW, I dunno if you read my and Zhukovs "contributions" in boredom, but we really did derail it completely. Deleting them was good modding, not biased modding. Modding is about keeping discussion on target - keeping the posts there would have completely blown any chance of that happening. But, then again, I suspect you don't know the semantics of "discussion" anyway.)
I was not commenting on the modding, I'm saying no hair on haid would have even considered to do this if this was against any other alliance. I've seen that enough with FAnG last round so I don't believe he'd have done it for another alliance.

But that's just my opinion, and don't try to insult me like acting I don't know how to discuss etc. Your little digs towards me are more pathetic then anything else, nice reflexion on yourself tough.

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Nov 2004, 12:00   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
lollyroffle
Please dont use my word while trolling. Ta.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 12:09   #10
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I was not commenting on the modding,
Quote:
So it finally managed to interfere with your modding... great
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 12:15   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol
you very well knew what I meant. Ok I was commenting on the motives of modding, not on the actual modding.

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Nov 2004, 12:38   #12
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

What we wrote were pretty classy things compared to what shi* whos in that thread.
Now its left with Cochese and Zhil, and how brilliant is that.
Personally I rather have a thread with something fun, than a thread whos so uninteresting.

Thank god we have such a unbiased mod as Jester. I heard he even said no thanks to an offer from Fox News in order to stay here
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 15:00   #13
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Considering who 1up have got you'ld think they could expect and live with shite being thrown at them.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 15:16   #14
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

me and Eol wasnt even unfair with them.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 15:26   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

hi,

it`s jerome` not jerome'

~*hugs*~
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 15:54   #16
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

1up rocks.

The rest of you suck.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 16:47   #17
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
1up rocks.

The rest of you suck.

Thank you.
nothing like blowing your own trumpet huh??

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 16:50   #18
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
nothing like blowing your own trumpet huh??
try rereading the thread again :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 19:14   #19
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

1up FTW oneoneoneone11111elevenelevenelevenonehundredandeleven1111!!!!!!exclamationmark!!11111
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 19:16   #20
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

I think our gal showed today how much we love 1up \0/
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 19:25   #21
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've been in 1up for less than a week, after pr0nstars collapsed. I applied to other alliances before joining 1up, they were not my first pick, but I'm happy to be playing with friends now. I have friends in half the top10 alliances. It's not like my entire sphere of acquaintances are stuck in 1up.

You think I'm somehow biased in favor of them, but what about yourself? Could you not be biased against me as a moderator because of the innumerable times I've called you shit, told you that your alliance was going to die and in general been a twat towards you?

I made this thread because I dislike discussions degenereting into being about 'whether 1up are l33t or not.' I've deleted more posts on Hansalaban's thread than there are remaining posts and it was getting quite tedious. Approximately half of them were posts made by 1up members. After my original batch of deletions there were two primary subthreads I deleted, one started Cochese, the other by Zhukov. Cochese' was very obvious, Zhukov's was because he was using real world atrocities to smear a PA alliance. I'm sorry, but that's not something I accept regardless of who's posting it.

Frankly I'm sick of everyone whining I'm biased. I've gotten into fights with friends over moderation before, over time they've come to accept the fact that if I delete their post, it was probably the right thing to do. You, however, have gone on some sort of crusade about what a terribly prejudiced moderator I am, and I'm sick of it. If you think my moderation is wrong, do something constructive about it instead of wasting my time. If you think a post by anyone should be deleted, use the report post button. If you think I erred in deleting a post, tell me, but do so in a civil manner and I'll give it another read. Just stop flailing lamely about and accusing me of being biased.

This isn't the first time I've started a 'catch-all' thread for something that was derailing other threads. You, however, seem to have been waiting for an opportunity like this to arise ever since you found out I was in 1up.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 19:25   #22
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

You are like that referee during a footballmatch who considers himself more important then the players on field.

"that guy'
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 19:28   #23
Cochese
Retired

Jester deleted my trolls, so he can't be biased :/

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 19:39   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
he didn't delete me daddy
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 20:19   #25
higginz
||Dude||

higginz will become famous soon enoughhigginz will become famous soon enough

some of these are jus sad....i mean, if u hate someone cos theyre good isnt that just jealousy, and considerin the game is about gettin bigger than the others, 1up arepretty good at that so come on...
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 20:57   #26
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

since you a forum admin in "the other game" shouldnt you understand a bit more how annoying trolling is and hence not do it ?

(just a friendly question )

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 21:02   #27
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Sometimes you so dont lead by example as forum mod:P and everyone knows 1up have the 1337est AD team, its not good practise to go against them because they retall in large numbers. Imo they are AD bashers;P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 21:22   #28
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
Sometimes you so dont lead by example as forum mod:P and everyone knows 1up have the 1337est AD team, its not good practise to go against them because they retall in large numbers. Imo they are AD bashers;P
[BITTER]

Yes, the goddamn newbie bashers, back in R3 they bashed my brother's girlfriend's goldfish' sister's planet (who happened to be lithuanian), I still hate them for that! And now, they're bashing newbies on AD. Some people never change, Fury 3, burn the witches!

[/BITTER]
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 21:35   #29
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
since you a forum admin in "the other game" shouldnt you understand a bit more how annoying trolling is and hence not do it ?

(just a friendly question )

That is work, this is play.

EOD

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 22:19   #30
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

1up is great... Command, spirit, skills, people.. a bit bad we decided not to go for #1 and the maximum 67 members rule, but I can live with that, it was a wise decision. I suspect no alliance can win 2 rounds in a row without blocking. And 1up don't wanna go that way.

As for many of the alliances who say bad things about 1up, u guys wouldn't even be part of the play without 1up. The block wars would have continued between top 6 alliances, and your planets would just have been bashed in the 2 weeks block war at start.. and for the rest of the round. Is a boring universe... whole thing decided first week and rest of the round just to see who can noobie bash enough to get most roids and win the round as player or galaxy.

After 1up got in, the game have been more fun for all, and without the powerblocks that 1up got ride of, it's every alliance for themself. And eventually the best alliance will win the round through the dedication of their members and command staff. So alliances like HR, VGN etc.. did anyone even care u guys where around before the block wars where removed from the game?
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 23:33   #31
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
So alliances like HR, VGN etc.. did anyone even care u guys where around before the block wars where removed from the game?
Define "care" ?

But I know a lot did care and i dont think you can compare the HR now to the HR of pre-block. HR is where it is now because we decided for R11 we would take the game that little bit more serious, regardless of blocks or not, we still would have ended up one of the top5 allies imo. Im sure there are some who would argue against this (ofc if we had been on loosing block, we wudnt of gotten 5th prolly) but the fact is, you cannot justify any HR R11 success just on no-blocks.

Was it not for a lot of the 1up BS posted about HR on these boards im sure many would still not care -> i.e the LCh nap that was supposed to exist - btw have u sh1t spreaders admitted defeat on this one or are you still up yer own arses in lies?.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 00:28   #32
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

nah you were the one who admitted defeat :) or atleast 'conceded'.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 00:47   #33
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
I've been in 1up for less than a week, after pr0nstars collapsed. I applied to other alliances before joining 1up, they were not my first pick, but I'm happy to be playing with friends now. I have friends in half the top10 alliances. It's not like my entire sphere of acquaintances are stuck in 1up.

You think I'm somehow biased in favor of them, but what about yourself? Could you not be biased against me as a moderator because of the innumerable times I've called you shit, told you that your alliance was going to die and in general been a twat towards you?

I made this thread because I dislike discussions degenereting into being about 'whether 1up are l33t or not.' I've deleted more posts on Hansalaban's thread than there are remaining posts and it was getting quite tedious. Approximately half of them were posts made by 1up members. After my original batch of deletions there were two primary subthreads I deleted, one started Cochese, the other by Zhukov. Cochese' was very obvious, Zhukov's was because he was using real world atrocities to smear a PA alliance. I'm sorry, but that's not something I accept regardless of who's posting it.

Frankly I'm sick of everyone whining I'm biased. I've gotten into fights with friends over moderation before, over time they've come to accept the fact that if I delete their post, it was probably the right thing to do. You, however, have gone on some sort of crusade about what a terribly prejudiced moderator I am, and I'm sick of it. If you think my moderation is wrong, do something constructive about it instead of wasting my time. If you think a post by anyone should be deleted, use the report post button. If you think I erred in deleting a post, tell me, but do so in a civil manner and I'll give it another read. Just stop flailing lamely about and accusing me of being biased.

This isn't the first time I've started a 'catch-all' thread for something that was derailing other threads. You, however, seem to have been waiting for an opportunity like this to arise ever since you found out I was in 1up.
Get a grip on yourself Jester. I was just told they can see your ego from the international space station. Beeing a moderater on these forums does not mean your God. Or is this a way of trying to get your self kicked as moderator again.
Dont use 4 lines of text as a exuse to delelete 6-7 posts, when you easily can delete whatever you want in a post. Besides, it wasnt even started by me, but by Eol.
And just to be formal, please try to be atleast somewhat polite next time you pm me.
I could comment your reading skills too, maybe some other time.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 00:50   #34
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Then why do you expect me to not think you're biassed? I mean, sure we're not friends or m8's or and I'm happy with that, so that's not really the issue here. But I DO think that some of your recent actions on AD are partly biassed but given my AD popularity, in the end it'll seem that I'm wrong again and you the mod are correct.

Did it ever occur to you that EVEN a moderator can screw up, can make wrong judgement calls? Not EVERYTHING you do is the correct thing to do and in many cases you've been milder on your friends yet harsher on the pple you don't like (like myself).

But I guess that's human nature and I'd do the same aswell, but hey, I'm not a moderator because jim figured I'm too unpopular to make unbiassed calls ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Nov 2004, 00:57   #35
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
nah you were the one who admitted defeat or atleast 'conceded'.
I think your mistaken there:P

Just for the record, do you still believe in the HR-LCH nap as you so feverishly once claimed with all your honesty?
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 00:58   #36
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Yes.. but u must agree that the block wars only meant a "fun round" for the winning block. That would be the 3 winning alliances. Dunno if u could even call that fun for the winners even. Cause I don't find such stuff fun.. 1 week of pod war, then a clear winner and rest of the round bashing for the top gals/players to win that glorious round. What 1up managed last round is something they will be remembered for. Also, even tho other alliances would have changed their rules and maybe bashed the people in top 1up gals that where defending their alliances under 1up protection. 1up held their words and said they wouldn't change the rules of the game. Our word was to be trusted. It is great respect in that.

And I wasn't saying HR would have sucked in a block round..
I also must say that many of your top players held out quite well against 1up attacks last round. Some very good defence tactics by your bc's etc etc..
But my point was that a round without blocking allows all the alliances in the game to reveal their true potential, rather then just being doomed because they signed up with the wrong block or maybe stayed out of blocks alltogether.

But find it quite unfair that some alliances that wasn't very active in blocks and because of that never had any important part in the rounds, threat 1up like they where the plague who came and wrecked their gameplay. 1up by far made this game playable again.
[1up]
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:03   #37
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

If you had put it like that i wouldnt have replied like i did, as theres a subtle different between "did any1 even care about HR pre-blocks" to "no blocks allowing full potential" but yer, i think a lot would agree with you there storebo, i do at least!
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:05   #38
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

Just for the record, do you still believe in the HR-LCH nap as you so feverishly once claimed with all your honesty?
Does that mean you might start trying to peg them back at some point or are you satisfied with your rank 2/3 finish and not really having to break sweat for it?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:09   #39
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
You are like that referee during a footballmatch who considers himself more important then the players on field.

"that guy'
Jester -The Mark Riley of PA
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:10   #40
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Does that mean you might start trying to peg them back at some point or are you satisfied with your rank 2/3 finish and not really having to break sweat for it?
You should go chat with jerome first and clarify if thats possible because we maybe napped you see.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:11   #41
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
If you had put it like that i wouldnt have replied like i did, as theres a subtle different between "did any1 even care about HR pre-blocks" to "no blocks allowing full potential" but yer, i think a lot would agree with you there storebo, i do at least!
Yeah.. sorry about that wasn't meant to be insulting... things can often be read in different ways, and u don't realise it until someone reads it and responds :P
[1up]
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:12   #42
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
You should go chat with jerome first and clarify if thats possible because we maybe napped you see.
Grow up. I'm asking a genuine question. You've had it so easy picking of roids while the big boys fight it out I'm suprised you even know what colour font the incoming fleets notice is.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:20   #43
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

For what it's worth (okay, simply consider I know what it's like to be an AD mod), Jester's been quite fair. Actually, he appears to be the only mod who gives two shits about this forum anymore. Think about that. I know my shit posts get deleted just like others' which is only fair, and more so, expected. That's where the incentive lies apparently, in pushing the boundries.

The only problem is that there exists people who push more than boundries - pushing beyond rational, bordering on hypocracy.

Kj borders on, well, it's been so long I simply don't have an example forum-user to compare him to. Dreadnaught and jeerom` are borderline retarded. Do they exemplify 1up? Perhaps, if one still considers alliance tag + post = representative of alliance, whether officially or not.

Seeing a lack of posts from the old school, such as Zhil, but an increase from the likes of Sid, is frightening.

Honestly, I'm just jealous that I don't have the time to play PA anymore.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:22   #44
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Grow up. I'm asking a genuine question. You've had it so easy picking of roids while the big boys fight it out I'm suprised you even know what colour font the incoming fleets notice is.
last time I checked it was red. Ofc if they changed it to green then I'm gonna run around yelling histerically because well, green=good, red=evil

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:22   #45
lokken
BlueTuba

Talking Re: I hate 1up

I like the look of HR this round - their member spread is defensively strong, mainly with 2 per galaxy , one guy can look after the other, plus it's very difficult to get at them as they've got many galmembers to protect it. Not the most brave setup, but still probably the most common sense one i can think of with alliances basing their attacks mainly in-house. If LCH do get taken out, I'd rate them to have a good chance of getting #1.

HR's greatest strength currently is their defensive setup, I think.

The top 5 have to decide if it's going to be the top 5 who have a chance of winning or if they're just giving the round to LCH and take action soonish I reckon. Mere pettyness or indeed simple dislike for one another shouldn't be a reason to stop you from trying to win, at least.

Edit: Jester's actually a scrupulously fair mod. FWIW he treats my posts the same as any others on the forum, and i'm in quite a few of the channels he's in on IRC.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:22   #46
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:

Well.. I'm glad to see that Lch is big and juicy and not disturbed by whomever it is who still is paranoid and thinking 1up will win this round aswell even with 2/3 the members of any other top contesters. Whomever u are, if u are more scared of 1up doing good this round then for other to win you are stupid. Every alliance should go into a round with a winning mentality. And u are fully able to do it. A top player means nothing if he is in a crap alliance with no organisation. So just don't take a #3 or #4 position with cheers and sign off. Say "great, now lets get #1".
[1up]
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:25   #47
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
The top 5 have to decide if it's going to be the top 5 who have a chance of winning or if they're just giving the round to LCH and take action soonish I reckon. Mere pettyness or indeed simple dislike for one another shouldn't be a reason to stop you from trying to win, at least.

Quote:
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:26   #48
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Quote:
My response was blatently sarcastic and then you tell me to grow up in hypocritical reply?

If HR was having such an easy round, where is our fat roid count? I can also make the exact same claim to some 1up players, LCH, mistu; with the HR-ND war. Anyway, im gonna tell you fook all in regards to what HR is doing now, just for the arrogance of your reply.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:27   #49
Storebo
Adelante

Must admitt.. Well said lokken.
[1up]
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:27   #50
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbieRogue4
Kj borders on, well, it's been so long I simply don't have an example forum-user to compare him to.
ya, I for one am not the copycat or the bandwagon jumper with no own opinion but a " whatever makes me popular" opinion which 80% of AD posters have imo. So I rather be different then most posters, in whatever sence pple think I am.

And well, you think Jester's modding is fair, I don't ... I guess we both have our opinions about that. I'm sure alot pple will agree with you on this while I know pple that agree with me on this.

FA Gaming community