User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 3 Jul 2007, 10:57   #1
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
End of my round allready. thx guys!

I hate to make this some emo I quit message, but it has become impossible for me to continue playing this round.
Appearantly some people got pissed off at me and decided to cov op me to shit. on sunday when i was away the entire day i lost all my structures except 1 dist.
I allready wanted to quit then but my galmates convinced me to play on and i also convinced myself caus i like pa.

So I followed everybody's advice, set security on max in population & rebuild.
This morning i wake up to find my newly build light factories cov opped again, I have no intention of playing a round of planetarion where i can't do shit from pt 200 till the end of the round caus i can't build anything or it gets cov opped away again.

My coords are 10:4:5 any zik that wants the remainder of my fleet can come take it, be quick though since my planet is on deletion & will only be there another 48 ticks.

To my BP & Gal this round: Guys, i'm really sorry. This was supposed to be a fun round & everybody in the bp i consider a true friend. I hope you'll still see me as a friend after this but I just can't play like this.

To the people who cov opped my planet to shit & gave me no chance at all to rebuild: I hope you feel very proud of yourself, you've made a person who played non stop from r10.5 up till now quit because of your actions, something i've never done in the past.
You are the reason why pa will never grow anymore.
Have fun being OMGWTFPWN on the internet playing a stupid browsergame and destroying other people's fun.
PS: I hope you get sexually molested up your ass so hard that everytime you take a dump it bleeds & hurts and reminds you what kind of ****ing retarded morons you really are.

VdM signing off & probably never returning as a player again

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 11:09   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: End of my round allready. thx guys!

Wasn't us! (No, really, it wasn't us.) (Wait, it appears you were in *scendancy! I never knew. Then it wasn't us fo'sho.)

Anyway, if you're not intelligent enough to protect yourself against cov ops, you've got no one to blame but yourself. Bye.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 11:18   #3
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

What mz said.
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 11:22   #4
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

lol
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 11:23   #5
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Well, unless you actualy target his gal i dont see the point of covoping the same planet an mass.

If you are not trying to grow a large epenis to compensate for a small one in real life that is.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 11:37   #6
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Theoretically, you can guard yourself from coops. The problem is, those ppl that have been hit to death, and trying to rebuild using the right %-es to protect themself, cannot do so. Before they have enough seccentres to protect theself, they are killed off again

This development is very very bad for the game. Pointing out to the community that 'they are killing the game and making ppl quit forever, so please stop' stuff will not sotp them, because they dont give a **** about it. Let's face it, it is the same rather small group of players that continuously finds something to be as irritating as possible.

So, if the PA Team does not intervene, none of the comments here will do any good or stop them.

Therefore, I vote for a midround change, even tho i really hate that. I would want to vote to reduce the effectiveness of structure killers covert operations drastically, or even to disable them.

The coopers will probably scream: if you do that, you will ruin OUR way of playing, etc etc, whine, whine

I say: the community should not care about that, and even encourage the PA Team to do it. Personally, i hope when such a thing would occur, they all leave the game forever.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 11:49   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People that have been hit to death can very easily build protection, 1 or 2 security centers for 5 or 11 buildings, respectively, would be enough. But I guess you didn't calculate that.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 11:58   #8
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
People that have been hit to death can very easily build protection, 1 or 2 security centers for 5 or 11 buildings, respectively, would be enough. But I guess you didn't calculate that.
Funny that you elaborate on that detail, im sure you are willing to calc it for me. The basic problem you did not reply to, is that these ppl spoil the game.

And even tho it is possible to guard yourself, it is not funny at all, nor the spirit of the game, you have to dedicate so much workers on security, plus your government, to get a more easy way of securing yourself.

But why am i talking to you, you are one of those that dont give a ****.
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 12:03   #9
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
This development is very very bad for the game. Pointing out to the community that 'they are killing the game and making ppl quit forever, so please stop' stuff will not sotp them, because they dont give a **** about it. Let's face it, it is the same rather small group of players that continuously finds something to be as irritating as possible.

So, if the PA Team does not intervene, none of the comments here will do any good or stop them.
Yes, ban all of *scendancy! DO IT!!! THAT WILL SOLVE ALL OF PA'S PROBLEMS!!!

I mean sorry, but why is it our fault when:
a) the pa team is incapable of designing a game
b) everyone else is too stupid to adapt to changes made to the game

Care to elaborate?
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 12:07   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I reckon the most intensely frustrating part of covert-ops now is not the fact that their effectiveness is so high, although that doesn't help. It's the fact you can do nothing back to a dedicated covert-ops planet. All your actions taken are going to be defensive ones. And I don't just mean you personally can't hit them, like with the bash limit, there's literally nothing that can be done to affect their ability to covert-op people if they set their planet up right.
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 12:10   #11
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Yes, ban all of *scendancy! DO IT!!! THAT WILL SOLVE ALL OF PA'S PROBLEMS!!!

Care to elaborate?
hearty, if you drop option A and b for a sec and think of the following.

Is the way ppl are trying to proof there is a problem atm the best way ?
I know the suggestion forums are full and ppl feel they arn't listened too ( the reply i allways get when asking)

ATM the way some ppl play make a lot of others quit is that the way you want to make sure you are heard ? a bad way imo as you might be heard but for who ? if you scare others that try to have fun away.

My 2 cents
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 12:10   #12
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Where did i mention *scendancy?

a) well being incapable of designing a game is always better then being a constant whine that joins #support, shout a whining oneliner, then parts again
b) Maybe everyone else is too smart to 'use' those possibilities as they are now, because they realise its not good for the game, but you would probably not understand that.
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 12:13   #13
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I reckon the most intensely frustrating part of covert-ops now is not the fact that their effectiveness is so high, although that doesn't help. It's the fact you can do nothing back to a dedicated covert-ops planet. All your actions taken are going to be defensive ones. And I don't just mean you personally can't hit them, like with the bash limit, there's literally nothing that can be done to affect their ability to covert-op people if they set their planet up right.

If you ask the beta testers I was 1 of the ppl that suggested to take cov opping out of PA for this round seeing the changes in constructions etc and i feared that cov ops would f*ck up the round for a lot of ppl.

One of the effects of some of the stuff we said in beta is the drop in power of the SKs but the cov ops didn't change enough (to my liking at least)
#multihunters
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 13:07   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Funny that you elaborate on that detail
That detail makes all the difference in the world.

Quote:
The basic problem you did not reply to, is that these ppl spoil the game.
"Spoil the game"? I disagree. I think I'm adding depth to the game by showing Planetarion can have useful cov ops. At the same time I'm showing that the current cov ops are too strong, which, as I've said many times, needs changing for next round. On the other hand, people who advocate removal of cov ops as a whole only contribute to the reduction of creativity and vison, both for players and developers.

Quote:
And even tho it is possible to guard yourself, it is not funny at all, nor the spirit of the game, you have to dedicate so much workers on security, plus your government, to get a more easy way of securing yourself.
Terminology like "the spirit of the game" is just empty rhetorics, and the arguments are in no way verifiable by objective observation and experimentation. There is no spirit in this game. The goal is to win, using whatever means necessary, as long as those means are within the rules in the EULA. There is nothing in there about covert operations, so we're not doing anytihng wrong.

Quote:
But why am i talking to you, you are one of those that dont give a ****.
I've made more posts asking for changes in cov ops next round than anyone else on these forums. Get your information straight.
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 13:24   #15
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
b) I'm not too stupid to adapt to changes, i just don't want to play like this. If that makes me stupid in your eyes then you can call me stupid all you want.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]

Last edited by Veedeejem!; 3 Jul 2007 at 13:43.
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 13:28   #16
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
If you ask the beta testers I was 1 of the ppl that suggested to take cov opping out of PA for this round seeing the changes in constructions etc and i feared that cov ops would f*ck up the round for a lot of ppl.

One of the effects of some of the stuff we said in beta is the drop in power of the SKs but the cov ops didn't change enough (to my liking at least)
which brings us back to:

Quote:

@VdM: i am sorry to see you go, especially this way. i always liked you and i fully understand your actions. i thought covops do not belong to this game since i returned to PA in r10.5, i never liked them, as they are annoying and you can't do shit against the cov op planet.
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 14:46   #17
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

The first of many such posts i imagine
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 14:54   #18
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

sucks that your quitting m8. wanted this to be a good finishing round for us together in the same gal, but guess i wont get that.

your a good guy and people who cov op purely for the sole purpose of ruining somebodys round (a player who is not even a scanner) should be so ashamed of themselves. i hope they see that they are killing the round and the game at an even faster rate than it is killing itself.

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 15:01   #19
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

lol
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 15:04   #20
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

changing cov ops now by the way would be the worst example of closing the barn door after the horse got out we've ever seen
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 15:08   #21
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

there is one thing worse then seeing a man drowning, and thats look at it and let him drown
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 15:09   #22
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

no, it's worse if you watch him drown while drinking a beer and laughing
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 15:10   #23
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk

At the same time I'm showing that the current cov ops are too strong, which, as I've said many times, needs changing for next round.

Like ace said, thats just an excuse to keep on doing it and keep doing it. YOu ppl made your point, if that was your goal, then reset your lpanets and play normally.

If yuo dont, then dont use this as a sorry excuse anymore
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 15:35   #24
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You ppl
Oh stop whinging Remy. It really gets tiring trawling through all your whine. If you have a point to make, can you please try and make it without bringing the nasty *scendancy people into it?
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 15:37   #25
Coltaine
7th Malazan Army

Coltaine has a spectacular aura aboutColtaine has a spectacular aura aboutColtaine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
there is one thing worse then seeing a man drowning, and thats look at it and let him drown
He already stated he could have done something about it but "does not want to play like that".
That puts an end to this discussion tbh.
Next in line is somebody quitting for getting his roids stolen, because "he did not want to get any ships".

Quote:
Like ace said, thats just an excuse to keep on doing it and keep doing it. YOu ppl made your point, if that was your goal, then reset your lpanets and play normally.
If yuo dont, then dont use this as a sorry excuse anymore
Just before this gets forgotten: this wasnt *scendancy.
So much for the whinewhine from other alliances...
Coltaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 16:43   #26
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by VdM
So I followed everybody's advice, set security on max in population & rebuild.
"Everybody" tends to be pretty stupid. Perhaps you should have, you know, researched it yourself. Almost as if you wanted to know how to play without having your hand held.

Quote:
This morning i wake up to find my newly build light factories cov opped again, I have no intention of playing a round of planetarion where i can't do shit from pt 200 till the end of the round caus i can't build anything or it gets cov opped away again.
If you had built just 1 Sec Centre you would have been immune. Completely.

Quote:
To the people who cov opped my planet to shit & gave me no chance at all to rebuild: I hope you feel very proud of yourself, you've made a person who played non stop from r10.5 up till now quit because of your actions, something i've never done in the past.
This is utter crap. You had a chance, you could have built a Security Centre but you chose not to. This is no-one's fault but your own.

Quote:
You are the reason why pa will never grow anymore.
What? I didn't realise that PA was just about to have it's first massive upsurge of members in 15 rounds but that's now it's been ruined. OH NOES. Seriously though, this is a patently idiotic statement with no basis in reality or objective fact whatsoever. You should know better, you're supposedly an adult after all.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 16:59   #27
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Oh stop whinging Remy. It really gets tiring trawling through all your whine. If you have a point to make, can you please try and make it without bringing the nasty *scendancy people into it?
AGAIN, where did i mention *scendancy?
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 17:17   #28
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
You didnt, They just assumed you were getting at them ( which you werent really. you just reiterated what they have said before - that they play for fun and not seriously ) and started their 'holy flame war' as usual

Quote:
End of my round... 3 Jul 2007 17:28
End of my round... 3 Jul 2007 17:25 ASCENDANCY TROLL SQUAD REPORTING FOR DUTY
End of my round... 3 Jul 2007 17:22 Ascendancy Troll Squad reporting for duty!
End of my round... 3 Jul 2007 17:22 Will you still post on the forums when there is nobody left to argue with?
End of my round... 3 Jul 2007 17:21 phil related bonus
End of my round... 3 Jul 2007 17:21 ASCENDANCY TROLL SQUAD REPORTING FOR DUTY
quod erat demonstrandum
Its amusing too really since i wasnt getting at them either. I guess its just a knee jerk reaction.
'omg must attack lolzors'

Back to the matter at hand.
The cov-opper responsible im sure is feeling awfully proud of themselves right now. I wonder how proud they will feel when there is no-one left to cov op?

Last edited by Phil^; 3 Jul 2007 at 17:30.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 17:24   #29
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
You didnt, They just assumed you were getting at them ( which you werent really. you just reiterated what they have said before - that they play for fun and not seriously ) and started their 'holy flame war' as usual
The cov-opper responsible im sure is feeling awfully proud of themselves right now. I wonder how proud they will feel when there is no-one left to cov op?
erm woot? thought somehow you was gonna bitch about the stupid team who dont test stuff before launching changes? but nooo just the normal phil talk yada yada

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 17:25   #30
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

VdM, sad to see you go. I was looking forward to being in-ally with you again, but hey. Covops are a bitch, but then we just have to adapt.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 17:29   #31
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
erm woot? thought somehow you was gonna bitch about the stupid team who dont test stuff before launching changes? but nooo just the normal phil talk yada yada
Not really. Ive not done any beta testing etc or even played the game for ages so im not really in a position to bitch at pateam now am i?

Fixing it would involve a midround change and those have 'eww' all over. It may become necessary to do so but that aint gonna bring one player leaving back. It may indeed cause more to leave - those people who decided to become cov op planets this round
Which is the lesser of two evils - change or leave till the round ends and then change. Thats the decision pateam have to think about now
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 17:45   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No rep talk please phil, it demeans us all.

Sorry to see you go vdm, I hope you change your mind one day and come back to us!
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 17:53   #33
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
You didn't. But *cendancy has become synonymous with cov ops. This is either because we're just that damn good, or the other people playing cov ops aren't talking about it.

We've been saying all round that cov ops are overpowered and need fixing. Given that there's like 6 of us, out of say the top 50 covoppers (and we're not even topping the list), we get moral high ground
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 17:54   #34
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
People have all their fleets (or a significant portion) destroyed quite often. This, in my opinion, is a bigger handicap than losing a few constructions. Yet people don't quit when they lose a few ships. I doubt covops will lead to many people quitting the game.

Covert ops have always been a complete joke. Ever since Gerbie showed he could be #1 with them and be untouchable, and they were nerfed, they've been pretty much useless. Noone ever played covops "seriously", it was always for the inactive players.

This is an evolution of them. Sure, PA Team have made them a tad too powerful. Before, they were next to useless (apart from a bit annoying). So now they need to make them less effective (or give a way of getting back at covoppers, or similar) and we should have another way of playing that isn't just launching ships and capping roids.

Rome wasn't built in a day, after all! This is a free round, remember. If this round helps covert-ops become a realistic way of playing, without them being completely imbalanced, then we should welcome it.
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 19:37   #35
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

Quote:
If this round helps covert-ops become a realistic way of playing, without them being completely imbalanced, then we should welcome it.
Been there done that. Covert ops is not a fun way of playing. It’s boring. PA should be a fun game to play. Therefore cov ops should not be a realistic way of playing. I don’t really mind the fact that cov ops can have some effect on the game, but right now they are clearly too powerfull. Although that might partly also be due to the fact that people are to stubborn to build security centers.

I’m not sure if it’s worth to change the game mid-round for it though. But if they do, I think the main thing to change is the fact that people can get cov-opped repeatedly.
Some changes that can be made:
- increase the alertness change after a successfull cov op for instance to 1 for every agent that got through
- slow down the rate of change, making the raised alertness last longer to dissipate
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 19:39   #36
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2
Been there done that. Covert ops is not a fun way of playing. It’s boring. PA should be a fun game to play. Therefore cov ops should not be a realistic way of playing.
Perspective, isn't it? It seems evident that some people do find covert operation focused gameplay fun, as they seemingly do it a lot.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 19:50   #37
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to see you go pal, specially since we'd had aload of good attacks together this round Oh well hopefully you'll be back soon <3

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 19:52   #38
torstein.gran@g

torstein.gran@g is an unknown quantity at this point

well pa-team have made in round changes before in this round,so why not do it again.i know it was just tick23 but it destroyed the fun out of my round.please destroy the fun 4 all the cov op people.that whould make me want to play again.

cov ops cant be compared to a fc or getting your fleet crushed,u know their cords and can fight back whit your friends.what do u do about the cov op guys?

if you want to keep cov op at this strenght, i think that you could make a new construction : TERRORIST CAMP
there u could recruit new agents to do your cov op missions,then it whould be possible 4 the people that chose to play normal to hit the cov op people back whit sk.more terrorist camps u have the faster you could get new agents.

This is a free round, remember.thats just so stupid,we cant complain since it is free. i want to pay 50euro next round 4 a single credit then i can complain more i hope
torstein.gran@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 19:56   #39
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by torstein.gran@g
i want to pay 50euro next round 4 a single credit then i can complain more i hope
Something tells me this won't be a popular position
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 20:09   #40
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
if you want to keep cov op at this strenght, i think that you could make a new construction : TERRORIST CAMP
there u could recruit new agents to do your cov op missions,then it whould be possible 4 the people that chose to play normal to hit the cov op people back whit sk.more terrorist camps u have the faster you could get new agents.
Hehe
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 23:36   #41
Tomkat

hay guys why don't you make it so security guards can be jacked up to 100% instead?!

i'm full of excellent ideas, i'm sure you'll take this one on board and implement it ASAP!
Unread 3 Jul 2007, 23:37   #42
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
hay guys why don't you make it so security guards can be jacked up to 100% instead?!

i'm full of excellent ideas, i'm sure you'll take this one on board and implement it ASAP!

they will never do that :-)

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 03:56   #43
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
well pa-team have made in round changes before in this round,so why not do it again.i know it was just tick23 but it destroyed the fun out of my round.please destroy the fun 4 all the cov op people.that whould make me want to play again.
Wow. That's a real good attitude you got there, keep up the good work!
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 06:01   #44
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down change in security settings :down: :down: :down:

now covop planets are worthless again.

at least, have one of the scans reveal population settings. It's ok for a planet to be immune, but then cov-oppers should be able to estimate their chance of success.
There is still the random(20) factor and the government setting, so there is still an uncertainty factor.
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 06:16   #45
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Oh great. Now that the whining of the normal players is (hopefully) over, we get the whining from the cov oppers.
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 08:08   #46
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

The round was supposed to bring players to the game, not make them leave.
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 08:38   #47
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
The round was supposed to bring players to the game, not make them leave.
People who abuse flawed features can always be blamed, but they give a real service if we learn from what they do.

Definitely introduce a new building for cov ops. Call it "Terrorist Camp" of "CIA Training Center"... (isn't it the same thing ?).
It would be time to introduce of form of retaliation:
- lift the bash limit when a small planets attack a much bigger one (for the duration of the attack so a retal can take place)
- lift the bash limit for a period of xx tick when a cov op is stopped and the planet identified.
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 08:43   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
- lift the bash limit when a small planets attack a much bigger one (for the duration of the attack so a retal can take place)
- lift the bash limit for a period of xx tick when a cov op is stopped and the planet identified.
I know five or six dedicated covert-ops planets this round. Their average roidcount is about six or seven roids. What possible difference would this make to them heh?
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 08:44   #49
Red-

Red- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these parts

You cand send a shitload of SKs and get revenge.
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 08:46   #50
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I know five or six dedicated covert-ops planets this round. Their average roidcount is about six or seven roids. What possible difference would this make to them heh?
If the cov op capacity is linked to the construction of special buildings, a retal can make a difference when you send SKs.

Another thing to do is to link the capacity to store resources to the number of roids a planet has.
1 roid can store XXXX resource, all the resource that can't be stored are lost. This way cov oppers will need to init more roids if they want to be able to keep the resources they steal (could also work with a building, why not the Finance centers...)