User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 May 2007, 14:55   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
[Football] The shambles that are my club: Luton Town

I am not a normal football fan, when i was about 7 years old I had the pleasure to watch Luton Town trunch Oxford United 7-4 in a televised game in Norway. The game burned itself into my memory bank and I was forever in love with The Hatters. Little did i know of all the pains and horrors this would give me as a football fan.

Luton have always been a club most people regard as a poor club, and always have to sell their own players in regards to survive financially. We have had eternal troubles in regards to shady businessmen trying to run the club, and the stadium debacle and shambles during the 80ties with astro turfs and ban on away fans. The nineties was even worse, with the downfall throughout the league and down to third division. Then came the millennium and people started seeing optimism. It didn't start out quite well for us though, John Gurney took charge of the football club due to Mike Watson-Challis deciding to retire.
John Gurney didn't exactly pose as the businessman he tried to portray in the end, and was tossed out of the club after serious charges was being made against him. You would think that the club had learned from their mistakes wouldn't you?

In after a quick period of recivership comes "Bumbling" Bill Tomlins aka Bill 55, or Bill "You have all done very very well (spoken in an old mans voice), an previous executive director at the club and used car salesman (yes, we should have been suspicions already then by his past.)

The club blossomed under him and under the management of Joe Kinnear (one of the best managers I've ever seen and Mike "monobrow" Newell and we quickly gained promotion into the championship. Little did we know that there was alot going on behind the scenes with Mike Newell and Bill Tomlins.

Bill Tomlins started to make a mess out of things and this week the past finally caught up with him as Daily Mirror wrote a very exposing article about the internal affairs at our club. Followed up by this article the day after.

Now, what can a fan of a football club do? We've seen a board and a manager sell off all our best players. A director that leaves with a golden handshake of £650k, and a club left over in total shambles and a disgrace. FA will punish the people doing all this, but in the end, its the fans of the club that will feel this punishment on us.

I love my footballclub and would never think of abandoning it, why should I as a fan, or the club itself get punished because some crooks have taken advantage of shoddy policing by the FA. The wrongdoings of the board was reported 9 months ago, but nobody at the FA has done anything.

Luton Town awaits punishment from the FA and all I can do is to think of all the British fans of the club that must be hurting over this, and Luton fans in general for having to endure yet another disappointment. Sad times supporting a team because of crooks taking advantage of the club.

Is there any club that finds itself in a bigger mess than us atm?
Unread 17 May 2007, 15:13   #2
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Football] The shambles that are my club: Luton Town

Chelsea.

They are being spoilt with money and play hideous football.

Your club is alive, Chelsea is somewhat a business run machine that lacks any attractivity.
Unread 17 May 2007, 15:34   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
Chelsea.

They are being spoilt with money and play hideous football.

Your club is alive, Chelsea is somewhat a business run machine that lacks any attractivity.
Yeah, Kargool you selfish bastard. Try to think of the most successful English club of the last few years, they're suffering too!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2007, 17:48   #4
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Yeah, Kargool you selfish bastard. Try to think of the most successful English club of the last few years, they're suffering too!

Never forget 02/07!
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote