User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 20 Oct 2009, 18:44   #1
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point
DLR recruiting for round 34 and 35

Well the next round is just around the corner and Dark Lords Rising is returning. Since I'm not particularly good at this kinda thing I'll just quote Grog from our private forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog
OK for those of you who are new to or unfamilar with DLR, I thought I'd explain a few things.
DLR has been around in one form or another pretty much since round 4. We've generally played as a battlegroup within NewDawn, but our members have been spread out over many alliances at various points in time.
We're mostly a group of friends who come up with a plan for our planets before the rounds start & work together on attacks throughout the round. Who's in DLR varies a lot from round to round depending on who's playing, but theres a bunch of us who are always DLR when we're playing.

When you sign up to play with DLR, you give up a little of the traditional choices that players usually have.
We generally decide on 2 or 3 races & keep our members within those races, then we come up with a plan on what ships to build & our members stick to those ships.
That way our fleets tend to fit together very well, both on attacks & on defence.

I think of DLR as a benevolent dictatorship. Everyone is encouraged to voice opinions, input is always welcome, but the final word on things is mine.
We don't have a lot of rules, in general we're all a pretty easy bunch to get along with. But if you piss me off, you may find yourself gone very quickly.

Teamwork is key. As a group we are greater then the sum of our parts. Selfishness isn't tolerated. We don't rush to claim the best targets. We're willing to hit poor targets on occassion just so they get taken.
We build amps & research incoming scans instead of ignoring scans & massing finance centres.
We don't whine, bitch or complain. Sometimes the raids will be late, the scanner might not be on in time, you won't always get defence, you will lose roids. These things happen, they're facts of PA life, when it happens, make the best of it, don't bitch & complain about it.

We don't flagship. I'd much rather we have 20 top 100 planets then 2 planets in the top 10 & only 5 or 6 more in the top 100.
There is ofc a lot of friendly competition between ourselves to try & outperform each other, but it's always better for us all to do well then to have a few do very well.

This is life in DLR, If you don't think you can fit into this description, then maybe this isn't the place for you.
If you like the description you've read, then maybe DLR is the place for you.

If you like what you have just read or want to show support for us, join us in #DLR . We will not be accepting people midround so come see us preround if you wish to join us.
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.

Last edited by JDD; 19 Dec 2009 at 17:28.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 19:47   #2
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: DLR recruiting for round 34

you're so unoriginal JDD!
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 20:36   #3
JDD
aka Duncan

I cant help it, its just so much easier to copy/paste.
[h3lls angels] round 20
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73

Quote:
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.
Unread 20 Oct 2009, 21:05   #4
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Good luck DLR, wish you all the best, hopefully we'll see ya recruiting for top spots

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 18:22   #5
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Good luck DLR thx for the great round with you guys

would have stayed if i wasn't called away for active duty somewhere else
Unread 21 Oct 2009, 18:43   #6
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

good luck DLR!!! even tho u dont need that as u got the skills
Unread 26 Oct 2009, 19:15   #7
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i approve of this thread

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2009, 04:11   #8
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

I had a good little chuckle there..
Unread 24 Nov 2009, 17:59   #9
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

yeah?
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2009, 12:45   #10
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

I just thought it was really well written, and some parts i chuckled too. I dont want beef
Unread 1 Dec 2009, 16:50   #11
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

oh, how boring
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2009, 17:28   #12
JDD
aka Duncan

bumping this for r35
[h3lls angels] round 20
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73

Quote:
Unread 19 Dec 2009, 17:44   #13
Cervantes
StarCraft II Pro Wannabe!

Cervantes is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck lads - See you on the battlefield.
Round 32 Violent Realm HC - join
#violent_Realm

Round 33-35 P3nguins - Join #p3nguins
Round 35-40 Conspiracy Theory - Join #Conspiracy
Round 41-44 Conspiracy Theory HC
Round 45 xVx Peon
Round 46 Fang Peon
Round 47-69 (Apprime,Conspiracy Theory, Innuendo)
Rounds 69-70 Not Played
Round 71 MAYBE

Upper Your Spirit!
Cervantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2009, 18:01   #14
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

God JDD that's possibly the most lazy thing even you have done to date..