User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 Jan 2010, 00:24   #1
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Stats finalised before signups open?

I don't know if this has been raised before or not (i don't recall it being mentioned of late)

Is there any chance we can get these stats finalised before you open signups? At present the system if that we pretty much finalise stats as late as 48 hours before the round starts.

This whole system is very n00b unfriendly. it is fine for those in the community who have played long enough to expect it, but the new players to the game need more time to get a grasp of the stats before making an informed. Some may even just go with their intial choice regardless of what changes are made in the 5 dayspost signup. I think in the interest of fairness people are entitled to have the full ifnromation for the round at the point they signup.

I'm currently not aware of how long the beta runs at present for stats testing, but is it that hard to get the stats finalised pre signups?

As i said, apologies if this has already been mentioned somewhere, it has just been grinding on me for a while

Mek

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 11:46   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Stats finalised before signups open?

JBG has finalised the stats, unfortunately I've not yet had time to have a last run through to examine them. Apologies for this, I'll try and get this sorted this weekend so we still have 5 days unchanged stats. same applies to governments.
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 16:11   #3
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i appreciate that appoco...what i was getting at with this thread is that could we have a policy in future of having them ready before you even open up the signups?

Unread 3 Jan 2010, 16:33   #4
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Can everything be finalised before signups are opened plz. It seems slightly discouraging signing up to a game which isn't ready to be played. Granted there was information in the MOTD about this but that overview page is so cluttered and full of colours i hide everything as not to blind myself when logging in at 4am.

Atm it's telling me government and stats are unconfirmed yet also Quests which is designed to help new players into the game? is telling me to set a government.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 17:17   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

If I had to choose between round stats and governments etc being finalised 48 hours prior ticks start and mid round changes I would opt for the former. But I do see where Mek and vulgar are coming from.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 17:29   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
Can everything be finalised before signups are opened plz. It seems slightly discouraging signing up to a game which isn't ready to be played. Granted there was information in the MOTD about this but that overview page is so cluttered and full of colours i hide everything as not to blind myself when logging in at 4am.
This is something I've siad before as well. I found that turning off all MotD-like text returns the overview to what it's supposed to be: an overview of what's happening to your planet.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 17:42   #7
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

The MotD should be 2 lines long, only giving the most up to date and relevent information (i.e. Ticks Start: Friday, Goverments and Stats are not finalised yet and will be on Sunday).
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2010, 16:45   #8
Mek
InSomniac

Thread Necromancy, but the point still stands

we are signing up to the round without the stats FINALISED.

can we please atleast be given a time estimate or something.

Unread 9 Mar 2010, 16:47   #9
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
If I had to choose between round stats and governments etc being finalised 48 hours prior ticks start and mid round changes I would opt for the former. But I do see where Mek and vulgar are coming from.
this is a problem that comes from rushing as many rounds out as possible in a year

Unread 9 Mar 2010, 16:50   #10
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Game statistics
Governments and race abilities are final. Ship stats are not yet final, but can be found in the manual, but should be confirmed final by Wednesday evening.
Just saying.

Also, I don't see why stats have to be finalised before signups. As long as they're final in good time before ticks start, there shouldn't be a problem.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2010, 23:45   #11
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

And if there are any major changes between opening signups and starting the ticker, they'd list them in the "Stats are now finalized!" PA mail they always send.

I highly doubt anything's going to be changed, though I do hope they fix Terran to be not so useless!
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2010, 00:02   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
And if there are any major changes between opening signups and starting the ticker, they'd list them in the "Stats are now finalized!" PA mail they always send.

I highly doubt anything's going to be changed, though I do hope they fix Terran to be not so useless!
Did anybody even notice that I upgraded terran by 5 cons points, 5 res points and 5% more salvage last round? I mean, how did anyone even pick terran before this?
Unread 10 Mar 2010, 04:14   #13
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Did anybody even notice that I upgraded terran by 5 cons points, 5 res points and 5% more salvage last round? I mean, how did anyone even pick terran before this?
They just don't seem to have anything going for them, statswise. No real strengths, and unlike most rounds they seem pretty easy to roid, even pure De.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote