User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 24 Jan 2010, 19:48   #101
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: round 35 politics

Wow, I thought I had seen most things on these forums, but someone accusing me of being a farmer is something new. Paisley, taking retardation to new heights
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 19:50   #102
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Seeing as both sides are present here, here's some context for the eksero debate.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 20:00   #103
Firebird

Should we reply in such a manner as linking all the crashes on us?? we would be here all day trying to update them so not really getting your point Mz
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 20:46   #104
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

That brep cant be justified for attackers anyway.

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:01   #105
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

i loved the 25k chim loss gj mates!
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:14   #106
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Good Christ, we've got 700 ticks to go and it's already over?

:/

Only option I see is an anti-App block. Sure, someone in the block will try and stab everyone else, giving App time to recover, use the divisions and win. But at least it would make it a less boring 700 ticks?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:15   #107
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
i loved the 25k chim loss gj mates!
Round 34. It completely disqualifies you of any sort of comment.
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:19   #108
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Seeing as both sides are present here, here's some context for the eksero debate.
the losses were split 5 ways and thus amounted to a small loss for each of us (my loss was about 37/40k).

may i also add, i have paid a heavier fleet loss for roids before and the fact that they were Apprime roids made it that much more sweeter....

this game is all about risk, the risk to each of us would have been substantially higher the less people attacking, so i don't think we fared as badly as we could have

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by Mek; 24 Jan 2010 at 21:25.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:34   #109
Firebird

Still mek crashing for roids not a good thing you have to agree on that pal roids come and go easy but ships do not. And eventually it will get to the point where u have no value so no abillity to attack
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:39   #110
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

These roids take more than 12 days to pay back as it is, woeful decision-making if you ask me.
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:47   #111
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i personally replaced my losses with the resources i had at my planet, so the attack was not to the detriment of my attack fleet in future attacks

Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:48   #112
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
i personally replaced my losses with the resources i had at my planet, so the attack was not to the detriment of my attack fleet in future attacks
apart from the fact that it is weaker, am i rite?
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:49   #113
Mek
InSomniac

it is not stronger, but it certainly isn't weaker than when i let it launch last night

Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:50   #114
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
it is not stronger, but it certainly isn't weaker than when i let it launch last night
So you stood still while we gained value.
Hence, it is weaker.

IT WAS A SHIT LAND. OBJECTIVELY SHIT.
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:52   #115
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
So you stood still while we gained value.
Hence, it is weaker.

IT WAS A SHIT LAND. OBJECTIVELY SHIT.

AND CAPS LET ME KNOW YOU ARE SERIOUS WITH YOUR POST!!!!

if it stood still, i know ekseros fleet value stood still also....

Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:53   #116
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Should we reply in such a manner as linking all the crashes on us?
Only the ones that become a hot topic on AD.

Quote:
the losses were split 5 ways and thus amounted to a small loss for each of us (my loss was about 37/40k).
Totally irrelevant. Losses shared by 5, roids shared by 5. In any case it doesn't matter which planet loses what. Your alliance lost 200k value in that attack, gaining roids that you won't keep long enough for them to pay off. It wouldn't matter if you shared them among all 49 of you.

Quote:
may i also add, i have paid a heavier fleet loss for roids before and the fact that they were Apprime roids made it that much more sweeter....
Well, if that's the case, I'm sure eksero will happily repeat that battle over and over again throughout the round. It's a win-win!

Quote:
this game is all about risk, the risk to each of us would have been substantially higher the less people attacking, so i don't think we fared as badly as we could have
Dear lord man, have you ever learned anything about risk, reward and ROI?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:53   #117
Mzyxptlk
mz.

And stop replying to posts that I've deleted.
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 21:54   #118
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

You can't justify taking heavy losses because they're spread out over more people, that kind of logic is just wrong. On a simple level, your roid gain is also spread, but looking at the bigger picture, all the planets sharing the loss are on the same side, its one alliance vs another alliance, and in the relation to the war, the losses aren't spread at all. Talking about "sweeter" roids is also just stupid, you can't use that to justify a crash landing because it's your main enemy, because ultimately they're the ones benefiting from your crash. There is no risk in this game, everything can be calculated precisely in advance, you have quite simply just made the wrong decision.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 22:01   #119
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Mek: myself, mz and Theam have all posted coincidentally at the same time in reply to your post using sensible/logical arguments in response to you. Sure Theam had a little bit of lulz in his post but he was still making a relevant point. How about you cut the ad hominem and respond to our actual points, or do you accept that you're wrong?
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 22:02   #120
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Ok, I've had enough. Closing this thread until the morning.

Grow the **** up or get out.
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 11:06   #121
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Have at, boys and girls.
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 16:35   #122
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
How does blocking take any considerable effort? It's a case of saying to some other ally (or 2 or 3) "hey they're getting dominant, lets hit them" and them saying "sure". It's not taxing stuff for the common member is it and lets face it that's the problem. If people don't want to wake up to send defence regularly or don't care enough to make sure they're around to JGP and calc their attacks then what can you do? Kick them I suppose but at the end of the day it's a game that we play for (limited) entertainment but these days mostly for the community in which we play.

Sure everyone loves to win but a lot of players just don't care enough to put the effort in that's necessary to run a top planet in a competitive alliance. Similarly I don't care enough to argue on here if you're just going to rant on vaguely about the never ending simple strategies we continue to ignore in this vastly in depth game.
So, you sign up for pa knowing you're shit, knowing you don't care, knowing you're going to lose and the only thing you're willing to do is ask a bunch of other losers if they'll work with you long enough to ensure that you don't lose by a completely embarrassing margin. Does that about cover it or did I miss anything?

Running a top (t200 value) planet doesn't take much effort. It's pretty much about not crashing and/or doing anything else retarded. And there are plenty of people in alliances that aren't apprime that are capable of getting top value planets, have gotten top value planets recently and most likely went into this round with the intention of having a good planet. But hey, I'm just ranting here about mythical strategies like "sending defence once a day" and "not crashing your fleet like a ****tard". Shit be craaazzzeeeyyy.

PS Looking up at this thread it seems my point about people failing due to being unable to avoid daft things like crashing their fleet was reinforced pretty hilariously.
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 17:13   #123
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Ive always thought that the only reason I ever get anywhere in this game is I can rely on most other ppl to fail spectacularly.
Tho once in a while I do that too... like now
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 20:08   #124
Mek
InSomniac

sorry i was away all day so haven't got around to replying to this thread

do i think that it was a fantastic land - no
could it have been handled better - yes
was it a round ending 'crash' - no
is my round over because i lost 10k frigates - no

as we are talking about people making 'shit' decisions, would you like to discuss the case of the apprime guy who is now light 163k harpy?

Unread 25 Jan 2010, 20:12   #125
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

I heard Ascendancy has now joined the BLOCK (currently shortname CENpDOVAVHSFA). Comments?!
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 21:08   #126
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
And there are plenty of people in alliances that aren't apprime that are capable of getting top value planets, have gotten top value planets recently and most likely went into this round with the intention of having a good planet. But hey, I'm just ranting here about mythical strategies like "sending defence once a day" and "not crashing your fleet like a ****tard". Shit be craaazzzeeeyyy.
I invite you to join a middle tier alliance and turn it into a contender against Apprime without recruiting a single current Apprime player.

I just like the fact that you always preech how everyone else should be doing things, when you're always in the #1 alliance.. Why did you join Apprime and make matters worse? when with your obvious superior intelect (with the way you talk down to every other alliance) you could of made PA more interesting by mounting a challange against them? instead, you decided to join them and moan about every other alliance not being good enough.

Planetarion only ever has room for one good alliance, as every player including yourself gravitate towards that alliance.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 21:37   #127
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I invite you to join a middle tier alliance and turn it into a contender against Apprime without recruiting a single current Apprime player.

I just like the fact that you always preech how everyone else should be doing things, when you're always in the #1 alliance.. Why did you join Apprime and make matters worse? when with your obvious superior intelect (with the way you talk down to every other alliance) you could of made PA more interesting by mounting a challange against them? instead, you decided to join them and moan about every other alliance not being good enough.

Planetarion only ever has room for one good alliance, as every player including yourself gravitate towards that alliance.
Ascendancy didn't start out as the #1 alliance around you know.

Why should JBG have to repeat exactly what he has achieved in the past?
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 21:42   #128
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
Ascendancy didn't start out as the #1 alliance around you know.

Why should JBG have to repeat exactly what he has achieved in the past?
As he's the one preaching to other people about what they should be doing or what they should of done. If its so easy, he should do it himself again rather than just joining the #1 alliance. I wouldnt of said anything if he was still Ascendancy but he's now done exactly the same as what almost every decent player does and thats simply joining the #1 favourite/best alliance then moaning that no-one else provides competition. If you want competition as you claim you do.. dont go and join the already established #1 alliance.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 21:46   #129
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea what this has to do with anything. I reckon I could do it though yeah. However I'm not really interested in that, sounds a bit too much like something I already did with ascendancy to be honest.

Quote:
Actually I was invited by m0 pre-round to join Euphoria, an offer which I accepted but unfortunately someone decided to veto me joining. After that cardi reminded me that I had promised to play in the same alliance as him again after round 30 so I joined apprime. I don't think anyone from Ascendancy last round had joined Apprime before this happened.

Quote:
Round 33?
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 21:49   #130
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

Knowing what to do does not make it easy to do, though.
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 21:58   #131
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
sorry i was away all day so haven't got around to replying to this thread

as we are talking about people making 'shit' decisions, would you like to discuss the case of the apprime guy who is now light 163k harpy?
There is shit and there is shit.
This was a shit decision, afaik he overslept and 'naturally' ended up in being fc'd by a late fi wave.
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 22:13   #132
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Maybe trying to do that for f-crew was a little ambitious?
At least we Know who can now be classed as Core In ASC.

Quote:

The Only thing to regret is not faking in some clips as you would think some Numpty would have kept some Fireblades home to cover any de ships.

I see that the Fort gal in Question is down over 20% in roids at this time. So it was a brucey Bonus to show that a certain galaxy can lose roids. Anyone seen what happened to those LEET roids?
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 22:20   #133
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

I know that at least at one place a grand total of 500k was paid for 317 roids.

<+Theam> !roidcost 317 500k 50
<@LDK> Capping 317 roids at 500k value with 50% bonus will repay in 420 ticks (17 days) Demo: 467 ticks (19 days) Total: 457 ticks (19 days)

Really, attack them more. (I refer to http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198490 this for more information on this).
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 22:40   #134
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Maybe trying to do that for f-crew was a little ambitious?
I don't know if this is a joke (if so it's a terrible one) but I didn't join f-crew in an officer or HC position, nor with the intent of turning them into a #1 competing alliance, something which I doubt anyone in f-crew would have wanted me to do anyways even if I could given that it would involve turning their backs on some of the fundamental concepts of their alliance.

Quote:
I see that the Fort gal in Question is down over 20% in roids at this time. So it was a brucey Bonus to show that a certain galaxy can lose roids. Anyone seen what happened to those LEET roids?
You are a full on bad Planetarion player my friend

I glazed over past mek's response to me earlier. Quite right I have to say and indeed I imagine anyone in apprime would be annoyed at losing fleet. But this is a slightly different thing. There's oversleeping and stuff like that, or 'shit happens' crashes if you will, and then there's not really knowing how pa works type crashes, such as crashing on defence in order to show that you can, er, crash on defence?
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 22:40   #135
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley

Congrats, capping 1900 roids and crashing nearly 1mil value in the process. Way to win the war eh?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 22:50   #136
isildurx

And about half those roids came from late-signups and low value planets who give no xp and have little problem of getting them back.

So yeah, great job!
Unread 26 Jan 2010, 01:02   #137
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

You dont need JBG to fight Apprime, you just need motivated people that arent selfish s****. (Ascendancy will have me cussing one day I am sure)

There needs to be some people with some guts that stop talking and start attacking, the reasons that blocks fail is the selfishness of so many alliances to just think about them them them.

The only way to stop Apprime is to get a block formed and work as one, no back deals with Apprime, I think of how many alliances would block against the number one alliance then feed information to them so they arent the one that the alliance hits back, you cant keep being selfish. If you do attack you cant stop, you are never done til the round is over, you have to defeat them and keep it up, make there lives miserable

Right now your only goal should be that Apprime is not #1.

But you wont do it because you want top planet, top gal, top average roids. Newbies are easier to hit and thats all you really care about.

I have been in an alliance that was the target of these blocks a number of rounds, it gives us reason to log in more, it makes us play harder, and we do this because we know the alliances cant keep the block together very long because of the selfish attitudes of each of the alliances.

Even right now there are alliances napped with Apprime, whats really bad they still barely rank. Grow some and get off your asses if you dont the round was really over before we left protection.
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2010, 01:14   #138
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think that the main problem atm, is that people who usually start something ( got groups of people loyal to them ) and are more or less capable and willing, are "all" currently in Apprime.
( examples: ouzo "leaders", omen "leaders", denial, asc, and some other weird individuals who have people loyal to them as elviz, foxman and cardi! )

Add all those people in one alliance and not only is the quality higher in that alliance, but the rest of the universe is even more shit.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2010, 01:45   #139
Mek
InSomniac

Unless those people are willing to change the status quo then shall we just give the obligatory gg round 36?

Unread 26 Jan 2010, 01:53   #140
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Unless those people are willing to change the status quo then shall we just give the obligatory gg round 36?
more or less, yes.

But, people will be bored, and start something new... / restart something old

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 26 Jan 2010, 02:21   #141
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
more or less, yes.

But, people will be bored, and start something new... / restart something old
by restart something old, i presume you mean reform asc with the same people moving back from app to asc...and thus same shit different day?

Unread 26 Jan 2010, 02:26   #142
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
by restart something old, i presume you mean reform asc with the same people moving back from app to asc...and thus same shit different day?
if the universe hadnt been completely retarded r35, they should have been able to get asc and apprime to fight eachother, instead of forcing them to work together.
having 2 strong alliances is better than having all good players in 1 alliance

Quote:
Unread 26 Jan 2010, 02:32   #143
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The weird thing about the anti-Ascendancy/Apprime mentality is this:

In this thread you guys have been complaining about the status quo. About how boring it is that the same alliances keep winning. I can't say I much disagree with that sentiment. But the thing is, back in round 32, Apprime was founded at least partly to end the dominance of Ascendancy. And now that they have (evidently) been doing that, winning 3 of the last 4 rounds, if we're so bold as to prematurely include this one, you're again calling for someone to step up.

The problem that you're facing, from my point of view, is not so much that there are dominant alliances in the game, but that the mediocre alliances (ie, the ones you're in) don't step up and do something about it. To which I can only say, well, it's because they're mediocre. Their strategies are mediocre, their dedication is mediocre, they are unable to adapt to changes in the metagame, are unwilling to put in the time required to win rounds, and would never win any game, be it PA or any other one, if they faced opponents like Apprime or Ascendancy. Feel free to replace the pronouns as befits the situation.

I'm seeing a lot of people saying that we (A&A) are the ones that should solve this, but the problem is that we're just doing what we're supposed to be doing: we're trying to win the game. What do you want us to do? Play using only our left hands? Do you want us to just win rounds for you? Or should we just keep changing the game mechanics until they suit your playing style?

To me, it's nothing short of hilarious that Light calls JBG a hypocrite for not joining shit alliances in order to make them win, when he was in fact the guy that made Ascendancy what it was. I understand the frustration, believe me, I do, but don't you see the the pointlessness in complaining about this? Step up and win, shut up and play, or go home and do something else. Those are your choices.
Unread 26 Jan 2010, 04:01   #144
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

They have only won 2 of the last 4 rounds..

31 Toot the Alliance
32 Apprime
33 Ascendancy
34 Apprime

I realize you could be counting this one already, but I would like to think that there would be some mediocre players out there, who put aside there differences and choose a new destiny.
Unread 26 Jan 2010, 05:19   #145
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
They have only won 2 of the last 4 rounds..

31 Toot the Alliance
32 Apprime
33 Ascendancy
34 Apprime

I realize you could be counting this one already, but I would like to think that there would be some mediocre players out there, who put aside there differences and choose a new destiny.
Apprime didn't exist in round 31

Unread 26 Jan 2010, 05:38   #146
Annie

therefore they couldnt have won 3 out of the last 4 rounds...
Unread 26 Jan 2010, 06:10   #147
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Read.
Unread 26 Jan 2010, 06:26   #148
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
The universe sat back and let you and euphoria fight it out. That did not go according to plan (probably because of the odds being stacked against euph initially with the release of their coords on pawiki)
You make it sound like it's hard to find Apprime's co-ords... I've looked at Sandman's 2-3 times this round and spotted at least 10 of their planets. Seriously stop saying stupid shit.

Quote:
if we don't block from the start, let you fight one on one...you state we should have blocked from the start...
Should have been less shit I think. What happened to all the shit about how awesome Euph were pre-round? if they got raped by apprime so quick they can't be that great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Session Start: Wed Jan 20 16:54:55 2010
Session Ident: #Apprime
03[16:54] * Now talking in #Apprime
03[16:54] * Topic is 'apply to apprime : http://www.pastebin.org/78170 recruiting ppl who have accountsharing skills + vnc knowlegde'
03[16:54] * Set by MaxPimpinnnnnn on Wed Jan 20 16:47:06

Hmm ... Thats certainly one way to improve
LETS PLEASE GET MULTIHUNTERS TO CLOSE ALL APPRIME PLAYERS
Unread 26 Jan 2010, 06:46   #149
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I have absolutely no idea what this has to do with anything. I reckon I could do it though yeah. However I'm not really interested in that, sounds a bit too much like something I already did with ascendancy to be honest.
Whilst I do agree with the general sentiment of this post; the difference is that in Ascendancy you were working with good players (I seem to remember someone calling Ascendancy the "retirement home for the good players" pre success or something?) but Light would like to see it done with the morons who reside in shit alliances like CT.

I personally think it'd be hilarious to see irc logs of JBG as HC of CT, trying to make them less shit.
Unread 26 Jan 2010, 08:29   #150
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Whilst I do agree with the general sentiment of this post; the difference is that in Ascendancy you were working with good players (I seem to remember someone calling Ascendancy the "retirement home for the good players" pre success or something?) but Light would like to see it done with the morons who reside in shit alliances like CT.

I personally think it'd be hilarious to see irc logs of JBG as HC of CT, trying to make them less shit.
We won r30 with the likes of you and me man. You and me!