User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 6 Mar 2009, 09:54   #1
Yorga
Old Pharte

Yorga is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the game ticking?

Quote:
Please stand by while we fix the server and work out what is going on. These issues are to do with the way Fubra hosts the servers.

Regards,
PA Team.

Current Game Time: Fri Mar 6 08:53:47 2009

Game is currently closed, read the message above for more information.
All well and good, but I'd like to know if the game is ticking or not? (I certainly hope not)
Yorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 09:59   #2
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is the game ticking?

Standard downtime procedure is to stop ticks afaik.
Fleets might be recalled too and then we'll have the big cryfest again :crymeariver:

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 10:02   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Is this where I can beg you not to recall fleets AGAIN? Because if so, I'll do that. On my bare knees.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 10:16   #4
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Is this where I can beg you not to recall fleets AGAIN? Because if so, I'll do that. On my bare knees.
/seconded
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 10:27   #5
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

:crymeariver:

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 10:40   #6
Yorga
Old Pharte

Yorga is an unknown quantity at this point

Veedeejem! you should change your username to Nostradamus

Seriously, I had no intention of starting another recall/don't recall fleets flaming match. We already know people's opinions on that, stating the same thing a hundred times doesn't make your arguments any stronger. However, simple information on what's happening would be appreciated - I don't enjoy feeling like a mushroom.
Yorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 10:40   #7
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Lol
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 10:47   #8
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

save me roids!

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 11:04   #9
Justafox

Justafox will become famous soon enoughJustafox will become famous soon enough

We will reopen the game at 6 GMT on Saturday 7th March, and restart at 7 GMT. All fleets will be recalled.
Apologies for all problems caused. We are investigating the issues from this (and previous) issues and working with Renegade Games to ensure that they do not happen in future.
Regards,
PA Team

ahhh shit! lucky bastard the one i attacked is!
Justafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 11:07   #10
Considence

Considence has a spectacular aura aboutConsidence has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafox View Post

ahhh shit! lucky bastard the one i attacked is!
Just so happens to save 2:9s lucky ass too, this procedure is again, in so many ways, retarded.
Considence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 11:50   #11
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Mr top 10 zik is a lucky person.

570 roids taken from me by fubar's ****up and recall policy!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 12:08   #12
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considence View Post
Hey I didnt want that procedure? And I think its fairly evident from all the annoyed people that its not the best one for the majority of people.

for the record (as it looks like consi is just replying to non existant posts) i said that people had complained about the lack of consistency with downtime and the need for a procedure.

That procedure was then forthcoming and now people aint happy and want the flexibility back. So it begs the question...what do PA really want with regard to the downtime procedure?

and blaming PA Team is stupid as it isn't their fault for adhering to a procedure the people wanted in place.

(the reason i deleted my post is that i was looking for the original thread where the procedure was discussed to back up my original post - if somebody is able to find it for me, I'm stuck at work so don't have the time for mass forum searching :P)

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 12:14   #13
Considence

Way to reply to a non existant post mek.
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 12:30   #14
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Wonder who wants to attack tomorrow from 7 gmt onwards...

I still don't get how recalling fleets can be a better option than rolling back and keeping the game open with ticks stopped for 24h.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 12:31   #15
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude View Post
Wonder who wants to attack tomorrow from 7 gmt onwards...

I still don't get how recalling fleets can be a better option than rolling back and keeping the game open with ticks stopped for 24h.
That would be my preference.

Ofc, if this gets implemented next time it'll be me getting roided and I'll be just as annoyed!
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 12:31   #16
Henrik

Henrik is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't get the part why fleets have to be recalled.

The game has been accessable but slow.

/henrik^emoquit
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 12:42   #17
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considence View Post
Way to reply to a non existant post mek.
you got me back

Unread 6 Mar 2009, 12:51   #18
Considence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
you got me back
Have mercy!
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 13:04   #19
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
I don't get the part why fleets have to be recalled.

The game has been accessable but slow.

/henrik^emoquit
game was very slow for some time yes, but eventually became totally unaccesible.

The problem with not recalling all fleets is that people at eta 5 + are basicly ****edt, because ingal def has 24 hours to prepare def.

However PA team handles the downtime, some people will be screwed and others will be saved, that's just the way it is.
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 13:11   #20
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

So? thats the point yes they have the time but oh no they have 3/4 hours to wait to recall. It makes people who have landed or are going to land good attacks suffer..
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 13:13   #21
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
So? thats the point yes they have the time but oh no they have 3/4 hours to wait to recall. It makes people who have landed or are going to land good attacks suffer..
What about people who are busy on saturdays and cant get online to recall etc because normally they would not of attacked friday, or attacker late saturday morning.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 13:19   #22
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

then it sucks to be them, how hard is it to login once in 24 hours to recall a fleet. If you cant manage that then **** it you deserve to crash
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 13:25   #23
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
for the record (as it looks like consi is just replying to non existant posts) i said that people had complained about the lack of consistency with downtime and the need for a procedure.

That procedure was then forthcoming and now people aint happy and want the flexibility back. So it begs the question...what do PA really want with regard to the downtime procedure?

and blaming PA Team is stupid as it isn't their fault for adhering to a procedure the people wanted in place.
i'll quote myself in the hope that somebody will answer my post instead of all the anger....lets be constructive people

so what exactly do you want the procedure to say?

Unread 6 Mar 2009, 13:28   #24
Henrik

Henrik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
then it sucks to be them, how hard is it to login once in 24 hours to recall a fleet. If you cant manage that then **** it you deserve to crash
+1
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 14:04   #25
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

QUOTE=Mek;3166295]lets be constructive people
so what exactly do you want the procedure to say?[/quote]
first of all, being constructive: agreed.
Second: I would not change the procedure. Although it is somewhat harsh by the consequences it has, it is adhering to the KISS rule, which is so often used as baseline for décision making by many of the forum posters, imo. It is clear, simple, and there is no discussion about how it is applied.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 14:36   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

That procedure was then forthcoming and now people aint happy and want the flexibility back.
People complain about a procedure which, though consistent, is also retarded.

Quote:
So it begs the question...what do PA really want with regard to the downtime procedure?
What I want from the downtime procedure is a simple, consistent player-friendly approach. I see no reason whatsoever to recall fleets, at any point in time, for any reason, nor to make the game inaccessible for longer than the problem actually lasts.

Game down or badly accessible for less than 1 tick = No action
Game down or badly accessible or broken for 1 or more ticks = Pause ticks, rollback to last good tick, restart ticks 24 hours after the last good tick.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 15:37   #27
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

I know everyone's concerned about the roids they lost or the roids they saved or something. God knows, my planet was on the way to some sweet, sweet score gains.

But what most upsets me about this is the time and energy that some people spent DC'ing yesterday. It's fine and dandy if you prelaunched, went to bed, and woke up back where you started. It's neither fine nor dandy if you spent 5 hours working (including spending money to wake up defenders) for naught.

You might recall that when this happened last month, some of us suggested that it might be appropriate to revisit the downtime procedure while the game was running smoothly, so that changes might be made outside of the chaotic post-recall frenzy. I guess I'm not sure what I intend to accomplish by gently reminding folks of this seemingly clear-headed suggestion, I guess it just contributes to a general feeling of organizational failures in the game. That's fine, I suppose, but PA won't be able to expand the way we'd all like it to without some sort of clarity and direction at the top.
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 16:42   #28
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Game down or badly accessible or broken for 1 or more ticks = Pause ticks, rollback to last good tick, restart ticks 24 hours after the last good tick.
Perfectly the same I had in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony View Post
But what most upsets me about this is the time and energy that some people spent DC'ing yesterday. It's fine and dandy if you prelaunched, went to bed, and woke up back where you started. It's neither fine nor dandy if you spent 5 hours working (including spending money to wake up defenders) for naught.
Not to forget people who organized attacks etc.

I'd also like to point out that keeping the game inaccessible for 24 hours actually has some negative effects to people who can't login next day at re-opening time. If the game was open they'd be able to prelaunch before that (or recall if there wasn't the retarded auto recall), now even that is not possible.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 16:51   #29
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Amen!
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 18:53   #30
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

so, for the first time of the round, I oversleep my attack ( woke up now ) after a hard night out. I get on to see how dead I am now, but !!! I am still alive! Long live Rollbacks man!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 19:11   #31
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I disagree with it, I can understand the reasoning behind recalling fleets. Following precedent is a tempting motivation.

What I can't understand is the entirely complete absence of PA Crew from the forums. Players are feeling disenchanted, at the very least, and some sort of effort to engage the community in a productive dialog would go a long way.
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 19:52   #32
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

always goes down when i log in, i ended up having to get up early to take the gf to hospital, and as soon as i log on its slows down

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 20:49   #33
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

The game will have been rolled back to the 6.30 GMT backup.

Does that mean prelanches launched at the 07/08 ticks will be launched at 7/8 on saturday, or are those orders cancelled?
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 21:44   #34
Benneh
Non directed and witty

All fleets are recalled...
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 22:29   #35
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Quote:
All fleets are recalled...
Yes, recalled i got that, I was asking about prelaunches that were set.
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 22:49   #36
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The game considers prelaunched fleets launched as well, so I'm pretty sure they'll be recalled as well.
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 22:54   #37
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Alrighty.
Unread 6 Mar 2009, 23:20   #38
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
so, for the first time of the round, I oversleep my attack ( woke up now ) after a hard night out. I get on to see how dead I am now, but !!! I am still alive! Long live Rollbacks man!
see this is why there should be no fleets recalled

<3 wish
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2009, 17:34   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think I can actually sum up in words how gay fleet recalls are. As Jester said to me when we were talking about the rollback/fleet recall, this game is 100% user created content. Nobody plays it because it's a good spreadsheet. Rolling back, quite literally, destroys the content and makes everything you have done during that time utterly irrelevant. Can we please, for the love of god, revise the procedure because, let's face it, at this point I'd be fairly confident there's going to be another downtime.
Unread 7 Mar 2009, 20:29   #40
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

The recalling of fleets and delaying the game 24 hours is a bit over the top. The downtime ruins the attack on the day when the problems occurred, waiting 24 hours and recalling the fleets rules out another day of attacks - as hardly anyone is going to get up once the game is back just to login for a new attack, especially as scans can't be performed until the game is back up.

As many have suggested, just roll back and let ticks continue 24 hours later. Also allow a limited login for people to recall fleets if they can't login at the same time the next day.

Downtime will occur, prepare for it as best as possible. Whilst it's nice that we've got a downtime procedure, it needs improving.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2009, 20:32   #41
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
The recalling of fleets and delaying the game 24 hours is a bit over the top. The downtime ruins the attack on the day when the problems occurred, waiting 24 hours and recalling the fleets rules out another day of attacks - as hardly anyone is going to get up once the game is back just to login for a new attack, especially as scans can't be performed until the game is back up.

As many have suggested, just roll back and let ticks continue 24 hours later. Also allow a limited login for people to recall fleets if they can't login at the same time the next day.

Downtime will occur, prepare for it as best as possible. Whilst it's nice that we've got a downtime procedure, it needs improving.
This is a good suggestion. I hope it is implemented.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2009, 20:50   #42
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post

I like this, especially the limited login to recall fleets, not sure how easy it would be to implement although one option would literally be to have a function whereby you submit a request to an admin to have your fleet recalled and they do it for you. I doubt there'd be that many.
Unread 7 Mar 2009, 21:09   #43
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I like this, especially the limited login to recall fleets, not sure how easy it would be to implement although one option would literally be to have a function whereby you submit a request to an admin to have your fleet recalled and they do it for you. I doubt there'd be that many.
I would imagine PA team/Fubra aren't too keen on needing admins to do things for players.
Whilst the playerbase is currently small and fleet recall requests shouldn't be too plentiful; Fubra are looking to expand the game, so eventually there will be too many people for this to be practical.

Anyway, either of the two suggestions being implemented would be brilliant.
Unread 9 Mar 2009, 22:03   #44
Gate
;D!

One of my alliance mates has just had his fleet stolen because he couldn't put vacmode on because PA was inaccessible during the stupid rollback system we've got atm.

This ****ed his round.
Unread 10 Mar 2009, 11:42   #45
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

I'd also like to point out that we're seeing 7-8 min ticks quite often. This wasn't the case before moving and it feels like its just a matter of time before the whole thing goes down again and we'll have another screwed rollback. Are there anyone looking into improving the servers after all these problems or will things only be "fixed" when they are broken?

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2009, 13:34   #46
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The time something takes has very little to do with the chance of errors. It is likely the server(s) PA is now on are simply slower than the ones we had at Jolt.
Unread 10 Mar 2009, 13:46   #47
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
One of my alliance mates has just had his fleet stolen because he couldn't put vacmode on because PA was inaccessible during the stupid rollback system we've got atm.

This ****ed his round.
I'm sure one of the admins would have gladly put him in vac mode if he'd asked...
Unread 11 Mar 2009, 17:43   #48
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

HELLO PA-TEAM. TIME TO DISCUSS THE RECALL ON ROLL-BACK POLICY. please. really, please.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 15:30   #49
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony View Post
HELLO PA-TEAM. TIME TO DISCUSS THE RECALL ON ROLL-BACK POLICY. please. really, please.
CLEARLY THIS IS NOT THE SORT OF TALK WE NEED AT DIFFICULT TIMES LIKE THIS. PERHAPS WE SHOULD WAIT FOR THE NEXT DOWNTIME AND JUST SEE WHAT HAPPENS!
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 15:34   #50
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

http://game.planetarion.com/login.pl

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

You just have to laugh at the coincidence.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote