User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Sep 2006, 09:48   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Extras

I enjoyed the first series, although I felt there were a couple of episodes that let down the series as a whole. However I bought it on DVD and watched all six in one go and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Extras Series 2 is of course about half way through. Unfortunately I am not really in on Thursdays (its the new friday nights) so I miss watching it. However the BBC are quite lovely and put the series up for me to watch. So every friday I come to work and watch the new episode of extras.

For those of you who want to watch episode 1-3 of Series 2 just click here. I really recommend it, especially episode 3 which just had me laughing all the way through.

I must say ricky gervais is one of those comedians who you are just waiting to fail (a bit like larry david, although he was a failure and then got his break) Whatever gervais does just seems to be funny.

Hope you enjoy it, and share your thought on extras.
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 09:55   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Extras

the one last night was a bit cringeworthy I have to say.

bits really made me laugh but the whole "everything keeps going wrong" thing gets a bit annoying after a while.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 09:57   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought last nights one was great, downs syndrome, midgets, richard and judy, daniel radcliffe, it was in general very funny.
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 10:18   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When he said "mongoloid" on Richard and Judy I laughed.

The best scene of this series so far is when he's forced to give the tramp a £20 note, as he has no change on him.

That Mitchell & Webb Look is far far superior though (it's on straight after). There's only one or two sketches in that that just have me smirking as opposed to laughing-out-loud.
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 10:50   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I've never been able to watch a whole episode of the office (I tried a few times).

I was willing to give extras a bit of a chance but gave up about 10 minutes into the first episode
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 11:41   #6
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
When he said "mongoloid" on Richard and Judy I laughed.

The best scene of this series so far is when he's forced to give the tramp a £20 note, as he has no change on him.

That Mitchell & Webb Look is far far superior though (it's on straight after). There's only one or two sketches in that that just have me smirking as opposed to laughing-out-loud.
The best part of the bit when he gives the tramp the money is when he's like "Can we call that one a few goes then?". Absolutely genius and you know we've all thought it.

The mongoloid comment by Merchant had me in stiches. Did enjoy the Daniel Radcliffe stuff and fair play to the little fag that he bothered to go on there and actually make a dick out of himself.

The David Bowie bit was fairly average in my opinion from the last episode, and that was because Bowie didnt want to be embarrased.

Mitchell and Weblook isnt that great, amusing but not that great. Dogmar on channel 4 was a better choice!
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 11:45   #7
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Mitchell and Weblook isnt that great, amusing but not that great.
I agree, except for the sketcch where they are arraning the party and talking about who to invite. that is brilliant.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 13:41   #8
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

never thought he was funny in the office or extra's but i do find him funny in stand up
weird or what

*edit spelling i think im getting the saphi virus

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel

Last edited by gzambo; 29 Sep 2006 at 13:48.
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 13:44   #9
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
never thought he was funnt in the office or extra's but i do find him funny in stand up
weird or what
Yeah, exspecially because his standup is mediocre at best.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 16:09   #10
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
never thought he was funny in the office or extra's but i do find him funny in stand up
weird or what

Its OK you are not weird Gzambo, you just dont 'get it'.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2006, 22:49   #11
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough

Its good for one thing.
Kate Winslet talking dirty in Series One...

I havent yet watched Series two, but i am looking foward to it, apart from the Sammy L episode i really enjoyed Series one.

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 13:48   #12
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

im enjoying it but the highlight of the show for me is the agent/barry double act
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 15:18   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
im enjoying it but the highlight of the show for me is the agent/barry double act
I agree.

The show doesn't seem to be able to decide whether it's all about Gervais' new comedy and how he's disillusioned by it, or whether it's about the gimmick of having a new celebrity on it.

It doesn't seem to be able to fit both into the 30 minute time slot.

That whole thing with the dwarf jokes and the downs syndrome jokes was just a rehash of the cerebal palsy thing they did last series.
Unread 30 Sep 2006, 16:32   #14
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
The show doesn't seem to be able to decide whether it's all about Gervais' new comedy and how he's disillusioned by it, or whether it's about the gimmick of having a new celebrity on it.
I think each episode tackles the problems that come with becoming sucessful.

Episode 1 looked at how creative vision can be coprimised in the hunt for ratings.

Episode 2 looked at how becoming a public figure (and having money) can have a negative impact on how people treat you.

Episode 3 looked at how the media will distort anything that happens to make it a better story with no regard for the truth or the people involved.

I think it has dealt with all these things quite well and has managed to avoid the 'oh, woe is me!' trappings which could easily have made it self-indugent nonsense.