User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Mar 2008, 13:40   #1
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Blogs

I currently have an insane amount of free time in work, have done for a few weeks now and this is likely to for the next few weeks.

To kill time I've been bringing books into work, or downloading them from Project Gutenberg (great site!) but I find blogs are a better time killer and on the off chance I do get given work it is far easier to finish a particular blog entry before getting on with work rather than trying to get to the end of a chapter.

So yeah, anyone got any blog recommendations to make? Not particularly fussed on the topic just anything which is interesting and has regular posts.

I'm already subscribed to:

A Hot Topic Blog
Adam Smith Institute
A Very British Dude
Banditry
BBC Euroblog
BBC Evanomics blog
BBC Justin Webb's America
BBC Pestons Picks
Burning Our Money
BBC Sports - Mihir Bose
Capitalism Magazine
Cato at Liberty
Civil Serf
Cynical Chatter from the Underworld
Dave Gorman
Dizzy Thinks
Edland
England Expects
EU Referendum
Freakanomics
Greg Mankiw's Blog
Guy Fawkes Blog
Iain Dale
Is There More to Life than Shoes
John Moorcraft
John Redwood's Diary
Nick Robinson
NHS Blog Doctor
Paul Krugman
Prodicus
Portfolio.com - Market Movers
Ron Paul's Blog
Squander Two Blog
Stumbling and Mumbling
Telegraph Blogs - Daniel Hannan
The City Unslicker; Business, Politics
The Devil's Kitchen
The Magistrate's Blog
The Policeman's Blog
Todger Talk
"10 IF RYAN=NERD THEN PRINT "get out more often""
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 13:49   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Blogs

get out more often
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 13:58   #3
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
get out more often
I think work would complain slightly if I just upped and left.

Checking my timesheet I've done about 12 hours of chargeable work, and 6 hours of non, in the last four weeks. The rest is just sitting at my laptop reading or playing flash games. This is likely to continue for at least another three weeks

The two audits I was on, first I left a few weeks early due to delays by the client meaning I was no longer needed, while from next week I was meant to be on another one for a couple of weeks but they just appointed a new financial officer so decided to change auditor. This then fitted in perfectly with two weeks where I wasn't booked on any job at all leaving me with two months of absolute hell.
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 14:17   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh wait, that was an actual blog name. My bad.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 14:20   #5
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Use your time productively. Plan your career. Research additional training. Read up on work-related stuff. I don't mean you need to do that ALL the time but Jesus Christ don't just veg.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 16:00   #6
midge5
mmm lambs

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
Use your time productively. Plan your career. Research additional training. Read up on work-related stuff. I don't mean you need to do that ALL the time but Jesus Christ don't just veg.

It may seem hard to believe but I have completely run out of productive stuff to do.

I already have a few different ideas on what I want to do in the future, costed them, and worked out what I need to do to make each happen. Will just depend on what happens over the next few years. I am tied to a training contract with three years left and as I want to complete this there isn't much freedom for me to do anything for the forseeable future.

I've already researched and asked work about getting the little bits of training I could do with; my entire job is a training contract for the ICAEW so beyond specifics like the Lloyds of London market exam or computer software training (already requested and had) there isn't much I can do. I've already done the training then for my next exams (I got caught in the middle of a syllabus change so with the next two exams for my intake I have an exemption for one and the other one is 80% the same material as the last exam I sat and passed comfortably. The difference isn't particularly relevant to the area of audit I am doing, and I will also have a two week revision intensive revision course right before the exam so not much point me going through that).

I already read up on work related stuff through quite a few of them blogs, The Economist, Accountancy Age, and the FT.

I've planned my holidays for the next year.

Researched all activities in my area that I am interested in to check for prices, times, locations etc... and started contacting those running them so I can get involved.

Booked tickets, and organised who to go with, for every sport or music event that I want to go to in the next six months. (I'm slightly worried by the last two points, I now have way too much of my free time already planned out heh)

Spent ages researching different items to furnish my new place.

The worst bit though is knowing you have absolutely nothing to do is mind numbing and depressing. Actually trying to get out of bed and to work knowing that you are unlikely to do anything which couldn't be done in the house. Just makes it immensely difficult to motivate yourself to do pretty much anything else.
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 16:43   #7
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

write your own blog
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 18:26   #8
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
write your own blog

Didn't you read a word of what he wrote? He does literally NOTHING all day. Not exactly riveting reading if he did write a blog.
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 19:32   #9
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not subscribed to any blogs but i do occasionally read therugbyblog.co.uk and also rugbydump.com and wwtdd.com but beyond that nothing
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 19:58   #10
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I read footballisfixed which you might find interesting? Furball hates it.

I did write a thread on PB earlier today about blogs...

http://www.plasticbrilliance.com/for...ead.php?t=7906

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 20:33   #11
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i'd sack you
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 20:56   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

BBC Open Secrets is a good blog you're missing.

Also, try reading the Washington Post site and Times Online each day. You can probably take up a good 90 minutes with that. Aside from that I have some books I can lend you.

Finally, as I said before - ask your boss for some more work to do. Explain the situation, the odds are that it's happened to him/her before. You'll also look good and be showing initiative, etc.
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 21:10   #13
midge5
mmm lambs

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Finally, as I said before - ask your boss for some more work to do. Explain the situation, the odds are that it's happened to him/her before. You'll also look good and be showing initiative, etc.
I have. My mentor partner and manager have even apologised to me that this has happened (if I don't get a certain amount of parctising hours then I can't pass the qualifications).

I also have to send our a free for work email every morning to all three audit departments and Corporate Finance, so plenty of people know I am sitting there with nothing to do. Pretty much all our work though has to be done on site so the only bits left in the office are pretty simplistic. As I have done so many exams though my charge out rate has gone up I get passed over for these jobs in favour of the most junior people as I screw up the budget.

Personally I think the way they do it is ridiculous. I mean they pay me the same no matter what so they are surely better off just putting me on a job and taking me off the budget or so. Afterall it isn't a meaningful cost and has to be better than me doing nothing.

KaneED/Ste -> cheers, will check them out.
Unread 14 Mar 2008, 11:41   #14
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

If your wanting another blog, I've just started mine up for preparations for me running the London Half Marathon in October
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2008, 15:34   #15
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
Didn't you read a word of what he wrote? He does literally NOTHING all day. Not exactly riveting reading if he did write a blog.
He could write treatise on various topics which take his fancy. Free use of the internet allows acess to great stacks of data which coud be used to empirically prove whaever he so desires.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2008, 17:32   #16
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If your wanting another blog, I've just started mine up for preparations for me running the London Half Marathon in October

good luck with that mate.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2008, 17:53   #17
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Get a horse!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 15 Mar 2008, 09:39   #18
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

nytimes is always a good read, plenty of stuff on there
Unread 15 Mar 2008, 10:59   #19
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
I screw up the budget.
you must be a pretty crappy accountant then am i rite
Unread 15 Mar 2008, 12:31   #20
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I've already said hello . <3
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2008, 20:27   #21
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I spend around 3 hours reading articles online these days. Far, far too long.

Here are some I read:

boingboing.net
Charlie brooker's guardian page (updated about 3/4 times a week)
New York Times
The New Yorkers
Wired
metamute.org
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2008, 13:20   #22
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i found this http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/mar/09/blogs
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2008, 14:00   #23
You Are Gay

midge if you really have nothing to do would you fancy compliing a report (or locating one if it's already been made) on the projected state of the housing market and the economy in the next 3, 5 and 10 years for me. I'm thinking of buying a property so i'd like to know whether it would be better to get a fixed or variable rate mortgage and over what time (i.e. are interest rates going to stay low, get lower or rise?). The BBC website suggests that rates are likely to drop to 4.5% by the year end but it also states that rates are currently rather low. I'm just wondering what other information was out there.
Unread 3 Apr 2008, 10:46   #24
All Systems Go

This should entertain you for a couple of mintues (literally).

It's been updated recently so it probably won't see any further action until 2009+ but it's by LArry David so it's good.
Unread 4 Apr 2008, 18:49   #25
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
i'd sack you

you would be a very incompetent boss if you would only find out now
Unread 4 Apr 2008, 19:29   #26
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
This should entertain you for a couple of mintues (literally).

It's been updated recently so it probably won't see any further action until 2009+ but it's by LArry David so it's good.
appreciated.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2008, 17:59   #27
All Systems Go

http://www.theliberati.net/quaequamblog/

Seems alright. Only read one entry though.