User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Feb 2008, 14:13   #401
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: A Plane Problem

But it's not accelerating anywhere :-(

It's just making it's poor baby wheels spin faster whilst maintaining its position on the treadmill.

If the treadmill was moving forwards at 180mph or something as well, then I could accept this, but if the engines are just making the plane try to move forward (which is being cancelled out by the fact that the object which the plane is sitting on is moving equally backwards) then it's not going to actually be moving anywhere.

Thus no airflow over wings.

Thus no lift.

I'm open minded, but someone better explain it in very ****ing simple terms to change my mind.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 14:18   #402
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

The plane does move forward and does get airflow over the wings.

The wheels aren't what powers the plane, it's the engines, and since the wheels have no effect on where the plane goes, a treadmill has no effect on where the plane goes either.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 14:39   #403
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

skiddy, go back 1 page to read what we said to Kenny. Then take that advice to heart.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 14:46   #404
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
It was in fact resolved by Mythbusters.

The plane does take off and it's something to do with the wheels like Jakiri said.

It works because though the wheels turn with the treadmill or conveyer because they are essentially free spinning. The plane's motor is independent of this and so its motion is not countered by the treadmill going in the opposite direction at the same speed.

The issue is not so much that the conveyer cancels out the plane's forward thrust, but that, because the plane's wheels are free spinning, the opposite motion has no effect whatsoever on the plane's ability to accelerate

I don't know if that's clear I'm pretty confusd myself. I understand it but it's difficult to explain

IN FACT it WASN'T resolved by mythbusters.

First some small-scale tests were performed with a model airplane on a treadmill and the plane was able to take off. For the large-scale test, the MythBusters used a 400 pound ultralight aircraft with a 2000 foot tarp under it. The tarp was pulled backwards to simulate a moving runway. The ultralight pilot had no trouble taking off. This is because the thrust of the airplane engines acts on the air, not on the ground.

This guy's spelling isn't the best but he thinks the same as i do on this subject:

tom:
flawed test. The original hypothises was that the plane would not be moving over the ground. That was not the case in this test. Plane was moving before it took off and creating air over the wings which is what it takes for a plane to create lift. That light sport plane used in the experiment has a big engine for its weight and does not need much air flowing over the wings in order for it to fly. Myth is definetyley not busted that was the worst put together experiment I ever saw. Do it right myth guys and read up on basic aerodynamics so you know what should happen for a plane to fly.

January 30, 2008 at 10:17 PM

* THE TREADMILL MEANS THAT THE PLANE IS STATIONARY RELATIVE TO THE GROUND

* WITHOUT FORWARD MOTION THERE IS NO AIRFLOW OVER THE WINGS

* WITHOUT AIRFLOW OVER THE WINGS THERE IS NO LIFT

* WITH NO LIFT THE PLANE DOES NOT TAKE OFF!!!
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 14:56   #405
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The treadmill doesn't mean the plane is stationary relative to the ground at all dude. The treadmill acts on the wheels of the plane which, while now turning really fast, in no way impede it's movement forward. Thus the plane will move forward, air will pass over the wings and it will take off.

Where it the hypothesis does it state that the plane wouldn't be moving over the ground? It states that the treadmill will rotate at the same speed as the plane in the opposite direction. There is no way to conduct an experiment where the plane wouldn't move forward in these conditions since it defies the laws of physics.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 14:56   #406
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

The treadmill is meant to move at the same speed as the plane. No power the treadmill won't move, once the plane starts to accelerate the treadmill will match this speed in the opposite direction, all this will cause is for the planes wheels to move at twice the speed of the plane itself. The wheels, and how the plane interacts with the surface it is taking off from have no bearing on it's ability to move or gain lift.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 14:58   #407
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

The engines provide thrust. The thrust pushes the plane forwards. The plane rolls forwards because the wheels roll along the static runway by virtue of the fact that they're attached to what would be a static airplane if it weren't for the engines pushing it and the wheels removing most of the friction against the ground.

If I park my jet propelled car outside of Woolworths on a road that is a magic treadmill, no matter how fast I try to go by increasing the throttle, the treadmill is moving equally the other way, so in twenty minutes time when I get out the car, I'll still be outside Woolworths.

Attach wings to my car, and unless there's a 180mph wind coming at me, I'm not taking off.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 15:01   #408
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

The wheels don't provide any thrust, they are simply there to remove the friction that would otherwise occur which would stop the plane from moving.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 15:02   #409
skiddy
wild one

Ok, I've thought about it.

I'm on Jakiri's side now.

My bad, I just needed some time to work it out.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 15:05   #410
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

I'm not continuing with the argument any more. Once i'm a multi-billionaire though i'm going to set up this experiment properly. In fact f*ck it, Billy Gates shouldn't be sending money to Africa to help the poor and needy there. He should be finding out the answers to the questions that matter the most ... namely this!
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 15:07   #411
skiddy
wild one

No, Jakiri is right.

The engines are creating the thrust, but the thrust is only there because of the air (Newton's third law). The thrust has nothing to do with the wheels, which although are on a treadmill, they have no part in the propelling of the aircraft.

It'll still move forward and it'll still take off, although I agree with whoever said that the wheels might fall off first.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 15:13   #412
Kenny

I argued under the impression that the for the purpose of this dilemma, the plane was being held stationary by the runway (by whatever means).

But like people have said, while following the original question verbatum (that means 'word for word') - there's nothing to suggest the plane is being held in one place by the motorised runway, and so one has to assume the plane is being thrust forwards by it's engine.

With the presence of forward momentum there's no way the plane couldn't take off, save for the sake some poorly placed trees for example.

The reason why I argued so vehemently is that I believed there to be a purpose to the question. From the original criteria set out in the question, the moving runway is not a factor. Given this, the argument is "Can a plane take off?" In which case the answer is going to be 'Yes' (again, save for unspecified degratory factors).

On the assumption the question had a purpose, in which case the runway would have to be a factor - then the runway in question would need to be operating at such a speed it created enough friction on the wheels to keep the plane stationary - in this case the plane wouldn't take off.

But as I've learned that's not what the question asked at all (even if deep down, it REALLY REALLY wanted to). So yeah, the plane takes off.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 15:40   #413
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
Did this one get worked out in between page 1 and here?

I couldn't be arsed to read it all, but I'm in with Tomkat on this one (providing he hasn't changed his point of view)
Die.

No jokes.

No puns.

Just die.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 15:42   #414
skiddy
wild one

What the **** is your problem, bitch?
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 15:49   #415
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People bringing up the same ****ing argument about this goddamn plane time and time again when there's 9 pages of the shit after the answer was given on page one.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 15:53   #416
skiddy
wild one

Oh, my bad, I thought this was a discussion forum. I'd not participated in it. I wanted to put my thoughts into it. I thought about it and now I think I was wrong with my first few posts and have learned from it.

So.

**** you. **** your pissy little strop. **** your meaningless little comments. Come back when you grow a pair.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 15:58   #417
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

level 3 burn?

I miss horn
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 16:34   #418
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
The reason why I argued so vehemently is that I believed there to be a purpose to the question.
Presumably the purpose of the question is to find out whether the person you ask this question realises that planes operate differently from cars.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 16:42   #419
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: A Plane Problem

If I went back in time to exactly a year ago, and told everyone that we would take nine whole pages to collectively decide that Jakiri does indeed know more about Physics than Tomkat, then no-one would believe me.

No-one.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 16:46   #420
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What can I say I'm a persistent arguer.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 16:46   #421
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
Oh, my bad, I thought this was a discussion forum. I'd not participated in it. I wanted to put my thoughts into it. I thought about it and now I think I was wrong with my first few posts and have learned from it.

So.

**** you. **** your pissy little strop. **** your meaningless little comments. Come back when you grow a pair.
Everyone else had. Several times as a matter of fact. You missed the boat, get over it.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 16:50   #422
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

MM it took me that long to understand the concept
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 16:57   #423
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
MM it took me that long to understand the concept
Thankfully, nobody loves you for your brains, hun.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 17:00   #424
KaneED
Motherfracker

No one loves you at all

!
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 17:01   #425
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wish I was paid every time this thread was resurrected...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 17:20   #426
You Are Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste

Instead of just every time some strange man has sex with your mum!*

*level 2
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 17:50   #427
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

actually that would be nice too.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 18:01   #428
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
No one loves you at all

!
Oh God, it's all true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
actually that would be nice too.
Pimping your mum would be nice?

That's some weird shit.
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 18:08   #429
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So if Ste mother was turning tricks on a treadmill would anyone ever take off?
Unread 5 Feb 2008, 18:50   #430
You Are Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda

The real question is:

"If Ste's mother was turning tricks on a treadmill would anyone ever get off?"

And the answer to that is "Yes, but because Ste's momma is so ugly they'd only be able to do so by dismounting from said treadmill."
Unread 6 Feb 2008, 11:12   #431
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
24 brake Momma power?
Unread 15 Feb 2010, 12:27   #432
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
Boom
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2010, 16:26   #433
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

The premise of the question is illogical.
Unread 15 Feb 2010, 19:44   #434
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

it won't take off
Unread 20 Feb 2010, 15:39   #435
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

I can't believe im posting on a 5 year old POS GD thread.... what is my life coming to.

Quote:
The original hypothises was that the plane would not be moving over the ground. That was not the case in this test.

Imagine a rope tied from the front of the plane to the post at the front of the treadmill. If you pull that rope, everyone should be able to see that the plane will move forward. The essentially frictionless wheels are irrelevant, they just spin faster.

The effect of the engine is the same. It pulls the plane forward through the air.

Your problem is that your premise would not work. The only way the plane will remain stationary with the engine on is if there is so much friction between the wheels and the surface that it creates the same force going the opposite direction... but in that case it would have been forced off the back of the treadmill while idle.

I am going to go cry now.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2010, 04:14   #436
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri View Post
Boom

Unread 23 Feb 2010, 04:50   #437
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis View Post
I can't believe im posting on a 5 year old POS GD thread.... what is my life coming to.

Imagine a rope tied from the front of the plane to the post at the front of the treadmill. If you pull that rope, everyone should be able to see that the plane will move forward. The essentially frictionless wheels are irrelevant, they just spin faster.

The effect of the engine is the same. It pulls the plane forward through the air.

Your problem is that your premise would not work. The only way the plane will remain stationary with the engine on is if there is so much friction between the wheels and the surface that it creates the same force going the opposite direction... but in that case it would have been forced off the back of the treadmill while idle.

I am going to go cry now.
I'm fairly sure that I made a post on this thread a couple of years ago of something along similar lines, that the question makes no sense based on the sum total of the information provided.

The only way to discuss the premise of the question is to put it into logical contexts. Most of the discussion that has taken place has been postulation, and the idea that a question asked, merits a logical approach to formulating an answer. In this case, given that the provided 'conditions' of such an experiment couldn't exist without extreme hypothetical solutions, a logical answer can not be reached under such illogical circumstances.

The only 'arguing' seen in this thread wasn't ever about whether the plane could take off or not, people were merely arguing over how to approach the question.

I'm sure I didn't word it quite like that though.

Still, it was one of my favourite threads I've seen on a forum.
Unread 26 Feb 2010, 19:28   #438
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

5 years later and you are still a ****ing idiot.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2010, 23:58   #439
t3k
The Video Guy

w/e, hater. Get over it lol.
Unread 19 Aug 2010, 20:05   #440
skiddy
wild one

It took off.
Unread 26 Aug 2010, 03:30   #441
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The perpetual thread.