User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 18 Dec 2009, 20:13   #1
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Apprime

Kudos on your win, etc. I'd make the post later but I'm going out before the game ends, so figured I'd make this post before I had to get ready.

First things first: While you'll already know this yourselves because you're arrogant bastards lol, I'd just like to say you played a very good round and even the most venomous of haters would have to agree on this. Well done, chaps.

This round started off just like any other; with a 2nd tier alliance looking strong and Ascprime on low membercounts sitting rather subtly among the lower T10. As always, the leading tier 2 alliance threw away their lead and Asc/App came out of their shell and got their game faces on.

I don't think politics were particularly interesting this round (although the rivalry at times between the two blocks was enjoyable). DLR/Euph were hitting Apprime without much luck and as usual carDi was being cocky about it. That's carDi for you though I guess! Anyway, carDi suggested that if we wanted to land on Apprime, we'd have to bring more alliances. Which we did. Which carDi didn't like.

Subh and Apprime had an avoidance agreement of some kind in place, but Subh were having similar bad luck fighting off Ascendancy (with NewDawn? I'm unsure.). As such, Subh agreed to attack Apprime with DLR/Euph on the condition that DLR/Euph returned the favour and helped them hit Asc shortly after. This seemed all well and good in theory, but it was this agreement that forced the Asc/App block. I'm not sure how Vision got involved on their side, I'd need somebody else to fill that part in.

At the end of the day with 6 alliances (CT/DLR/Euph/Subh/ODDR/ND) teaming up to alternatingly hit Asc/App - there was only ever going to be one response to this. Personally, I don't think that there was any one particularly poor decision on either side of the block... it was this "reactive politics" that killed the round.

For Apprime to come back in to the round and win it with such dominance after the brow-beating they took surely deserves some praise? Don't get me wrong, I haven't fallen in love with carDi or anything but credit where credit's due at least.

A large contributing factor to Apprime's success is their race structure. Knowing how many people would be playing as xan they made a good call in picking the one race that absolutely wtfpwns xan. DLR I know especially struggled with tycoon incoming (though you managed to cover me guys, thanks for that!) and pillagers were ace anti-xan fi def. With xan only teamups getting pwned by single phantom fleets (Hi JungleMuffin!) and xan/cath-co/zik-co teamups leaving xans wtfpwned first in any defense - it made teaming up on bigger targets (or landing on smaller targets with def) difficult.

Just want to say thanks for a good round Ascendancy, Vision and Apprime. And thanks to DLR and Euph for being awesome to work with. And thanks to Subh and NewDawn especially for your help in DCing this round, your OOT def fleets were awesome! Shame our block couldn't stick to the 3-per-week, but that was probably more through negligence than intention to break rules.

GG all, see you next round.