User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 6 Mar 2010, 10:03   #1
John-117

John-117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Producers of Planetarion please read, GREAT ideas.

Hi all.
Well this is my first time playing planetarion again since 2002. I played afew rounds then and loved it. Then a couple of years later tryed again but you had to pay to sign up. Now its semi free again im back. BUT i have to say not really much has changed and i had a few ideas to make it a bit more "interactive" for players. I understand this would take a bit of work posibly more servers or upgrades etc too. Any way here goes.

I have played other online games before and there fun (not as complex as planetarion) but they are more interactive which make the player feel more like he is "in" the universe instead of just playing an online game.

1st step- When you sign up and get your planet and make a name etc i think it would be a nice touch to be able to "design" your own planet. Sorta like a flash thing with a few different choices like colour, type of surface just basic stuff and have a small pic somewhere on each persons homepage. Also on planet scan if you had a high enough research you could actually "see" the other players planet. You could even go as far as different surfaces/atmospheres could have different abilitys like your race or government choices do.

Then the second would be a small animated pic of each race just something small like an avatar would sufice just to brighten it up and make it more lively so to speak.

Another good one which would take a bit of work but look super awesome is a small picture (again something small like an avatar size) for each different ship and construction. An example would be instead of clicking "light factory" you would click a small picture of the factory (obviously the name underneath) and every ship would look different...

Any way there my ideas that i think would bring the game up to todays online standards.
Dont get me wrong i love Planetarion and will keep playing but it would be a + to "see" what i was building etc.

Thanks for you time guys and by all means give it a thought!!!
John-117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2010, 13:34   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Producers of Planetarion please read, GREAT ideas.

Sounds good to me.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2010, 14:04   #3
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Customization is always allowing players to identify more with the game, so it would be worth it. But then again, I don't think PA has the resources to get this done ;-)
Unread 6 Mar 2010, 14:17   #4
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

its sad that in the year 2010 at r36, we now have less graphics for PA than we used to have for lets say r3 or so.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2010, 21:57   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

blixxard spent a while fiddling with graphics, and vish (?) before him. no one really wants to now.
Unread 6 Mar 2010, 22:13   #6
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It's OK, zPeti is supposed to find you guys those resources.
Unread 6 Mar 2010, 23:37   #7
John-117

I know it would be a big job and hard BUT attract more players and in doing so more money? So it wouldnt be work for nothing.
But yeh 8 years ago and the text based stuff was good then but nowadays? Tech is getting too good and leaving old school stuff behind.
Its such a good game base that its not being used to it full potential i think. Of course im no computer whizz and have no real idea how much work would be involved but i do know you would have to have and artistic flare and good imagination....
Unread 7 Mar 2010, 09:39   #8
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Complex is good aslong as its userfriendly and doesnt require you to be on too often. I dont think a few pictures is something people are after, its rather the game changing addons and chances to envolve your gaming or chances to specify your gaming.

Also belonging to the universe brings me more the toughts of setting up more action/chat/common researches and common goals with either your cluster, pararel, galaxy or even them all.
Unread 7 Mar 2010, 21:30   #9
John-117

It would be so awesome though if it was similar to evony. everything is animated and you can talk to everyone in real time chat.
But thats a galaxy far far away i guess....
Unread 8 Mar 2010, 09:44   #10
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

apart from the fact evony is tedious?
Unread 8 Mar 2010, 14:43   #11
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point

but its probably not the fault of the nice gfx they seem to have ?
GIVE US SOME EYE CANDY !
Unread 9 Mar 2010, 07:35   #12
John-117

Well i no longer have an account?? Invalid user name cam up BUT i log in 3 times a day min then when i try to reset my password with my email address it dosnt recognise my email address? Its like all my info vanished?
Oh well i keep trying but it seems abit suss to me? last night the ticks froze for me too. a
Anyway...
MMMM PA eye candy, there is sooo much potential!!
Unread 9 Mar 2010, 07:44   #13
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

To all things comes an end, John.

Havoc has ended and signups for the new round have started, as has been announced a good while back.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2010, 09:36   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

See here and here
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2010, 07:13   #15
John-117

Ooops my bad the round ended! Silly me. Cant wait for friday!

AND guess what!!!! The resources have little animated pics!!!! WOOHOOOO!!! THATS a start! Now for the next round lets get pics for constructions and ships (different depending on race of course) and race....

Then if theres still time a "create your own planet" type thing!!

Im so happy just a tad of colour make it seem so much better already....
Unread 12 Mar 2010, 21:43   #16
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

I´m actually irritated by the gfx for the resources, but that´s probably just because I´m so used to text only PA.

I´m fairly sure there are quite some people out there who chose browser games just because of some silly little pics. It´s just sooooo cute/amazing/insert random attribute :P
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote