User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 28 May 2010, 12:12   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
My suggestion as a galtactic.

Since my galaxy this round isn't pure Ascendancy, it seems a bit harder to pull off, however, I wish to suggest it to all of you.

First of all, you decide to play something very defensive, etd/xan is the middle option, pure ter or ter/zik dominated by ter seems to be the way to do that this round.
You donate after protection about 30 mill total to the galfund, which you then donate to 2 or 3 planets. Dependant on that you can calculate how much else the 6 or 5 other planets have to donate.
They get the donation right before they land, so they are still in range and after that they build up slightly so they become shit targets.

Every planet, especially the terrans, spawn refineries like hell. Totalitarian Zik and some other form of Terran would do this.
By having at least 2 planets in the top 10 value after donation and having such a gal make up your galaxy becomes a terrible target.

After this you all go roiding and distribute the next donation to two other planets, slowly donating each planet into the top 30 value, while being terrible targets at the same time. This also makes it easier when for instance a terran planet finally researches hulls 3 to give him an instant boost with BS.

The problem: it is a teamplay thing, so if you have a fence gal, you are giving other alliances a boost. I think you benefit your whole gal with this strategy. Add to this that personal rank becomes pretty irrelevant as you play as a galaxy, rankwhores and egos might not really work with this properly.

I might have missed stuff here, or made matters unnecesarrily complicated, but ask/suggest/discuss away!
Unread 28 May 2010, 14:18   #2
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Re: My suggestion as a galtactic.

hmm since no one replies to this strategy

which isnt all bad, i must say, its too much effort for a general pa nub like i am

specially if i see how much energy it costs to even decide and pick a galtheme, i cant imagine many gals are prepared, willing, or even able to follow such a plan

i am convinced though, it would work out

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2010, 15:04   #3
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: My suggestion as a galtactic.

it worked out last round for 10 4.