User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Mar 2007, 23:51   #1
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough
Tides of Fire Recruitment for round 21

Tides of Fire, our alliance, that has been around for 9 rounds now, is searching for new active players, and as we suppose people posting on the forums to be active in the game as well, we think its a good way to spread our offer here

What makes our alliance strong and enjoyable is:

We are proud of

- our experienced and active HC, who work hard and consequent to improve things, what has paid off so far as we are constantly in the top 10, often even in the top 5 alliances of this game.
- Talented BCs who understand to pick good targets, and developed an attack system that is somewhat more sophisticated then the usual gal raids most allies come up with.
- The DC-Staff, lead by Archangel - probably the best around in this game - and that was the thing that made me myself join this ally in the first place, as I was impressed by how well defended a ToF-galmate of mine was in rd 17
- Scanners that provide us constantly with all the infos we need to act properly in attack and defence.
- A community of nice people you can have fun with - I cant remember anyone who left this ally since I’m a member, who went away with bad feelings towards us, the opposite is true.
- An active player base that also shows that it has morale and spine. We loose hardly anyone to inactivity, even when things get rough like in rd 19 when we were under heavy fire from ND and their allies we lost no one to inactivity and kept on returning the favour.

What we expect from you, if you’re interested in joining us, is:

- to take part in ally-attacks regularly, so you and the ally profit from the lack of defense targets will have with all of these fleets attacking at once.
- to help ally mates when defence is needed. This also includes getting up early in the morning (GMT) when most attacks in the game occur
- to be around on IRC regularly on most days, to become a member of the community as well as for game-issues (defense, discussions)
- we want you to always try to improve your own playstyle and strategies and learn from experience, your own and those of your ally mates.

If that sounds good for you and you want to go for it, contact us on IRC in our public channel #tof and talk to one of the ops there.

Would be nice to see you around

Last edited by GrandAdm Thrawn; 26 Mar 2007 at 00:02.
GrandAdm Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 15:09   #2
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Tides of Fire Recruitment for round 21

gl guys
Unread 8 Apr 2007, 22:49   #3
Olympus
ToF FTW!

Olympus has a spectacular aura aboutOlympus has a spectacular aura aboutOlympus has a spectacular aura about

ToF FTW \o/
Unread 8 Apr 2007, 23:06   #4
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Some big words there

Goood luck though ToF
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 12:11   #5
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

If only my health would allow it to play active with you guys

For people who are looking for a decent alliance i can seriously recommend this one, the took me in in r11 and I spend most of my pa-days there for a reason.
Great ally to be in, lots of fun & chats on irc, good attacks & def,...
What more can anybody ask? (Except that thrawn keeps his pants on just one night)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2007, 12:48   #6
stoney_elmo
Strunken Doner

stoney_elmo is a jewel in the roughstoney_elmo is a jewel in the roughstoney_elmo is a jewel in the rough

TOF FTW
u guys rule ^^
what vdm said

Tides of Fire
Official Mascot

|Deathbringers| - |Destiny| - |DLR| -|InSomnia FTW| - |ROCK| - |EvOlution|
stoney_elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2007, 19:19   #7
Audacious

Audacious is an unknown quantity at this point

Things are all sorted, plans in place, come join in the fun
Unread 11 Apr 2007, 22:57   #8
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

gl tof

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2007, 15:36   #9
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
If only my health would allow it to play active with you guys

For people who are looking for a decent alliance i can seriously recommend this one, the took me in in r11 and I spend most of my pa-days there for a reason.
Great ally to be in, lots of fun & chats on irc, good attacks & def,...
What more can anybody ask? (Except that thrawn keeps his pants on just one night)
wish you the best for your health..

luckily my english isnt good enough to understand the last sentence
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 14:31   #10
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

One of the best recuitment posts
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2007, 18:37   #11
GrandAdm Thrawn

As this was an issue with some applications we got I want to mention here:

Free accounts are much weaker this round than they were last round and therefore not competitive any longer (especially when it comes to mining roids and speed-technology), and as we want to be a strong alliance and go for nr. 1, we decided to demand our memberplanets to have upgraded accounts. (If you want to pay, but dont have creditcard/pay-pal we will most certainly find a way for you)
Unread 17 Apr 2007, 19:04   #12
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAdm Thrawn
(If you want to pay, but dont have creditcard/pay-pal we will most certainly find a way for you)
One that doesn't include taking your pants of i hope

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2007, 01:17   #13
XillveR
X markes the spot

XillveR is an unknown quantity at this point

wee here we goo again
R24 Orbit ToF HC
R25 Orbit member
R26-28 ToF HC
R29 Vengance member
R30-31 break
R32 Tides Of Vengance member
R33 ROCK member

XillveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2007, 07:37   #14
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAdm Thrawn
As this was an issue with some applications we got I want to mention here:

Free accounts are much weaker this round than they were last round and therefore not competitive any longer (especially when it comes to mining roids and speed-technology), and as we want to be a strong alliance and go for nr. 1, we decided to demand our memberplanets to have upgraded accounts. (If you want to pay, but dont have creditcard/pay-pal we will most certainly find a way for you)

Say what now? Free accounts are limited to a tiny tiny 2500 roids, oh noes, and there is no limit on the travel tech researches. Read the manual next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFM
Free accounts are limited to:
No limits on ETA
"Advanced Power Systems" (100 constructions)
No limits on Ship-production
"Fleett Analysis" (Planet, Surface, Technology, Unit, News and Fleet Scans available)
No limits on Core Extraction branch
"Warp Core sabotage" (Ship Sabotage)
Heavy Cargo Transfers IX (You can sucessfully mine only a maximum of 2500 asteroids)
Unread 28 Apr 2007, 21:52   #15
GrandAdm Thrawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
Say what now? Free accounts are limited to a tiny tiny 2500 roids, oh noes, and there is no limit on the travel tech researches. Read the manual next time.
the manual is clearly wrong here, free accounts are limited to speed tech 2 and mining 300 roids.
Unread 29 Apr 2007, 00:48   #16
XillveR
X markes the spot

XillveR is an unknown quantity at this point

thrawn you sure about that?
thought that TheBerk has right...

unpaid cant choose population and goverment.. i believe ( not 100% sure)

( i dont know because im paid lol)
R24 Orbit ToF HC
R25 Orbit member
R26-28 ToF HC
R29 Vengance member
R30-31 break
R32 Tides Of Vengance member
R33 ROCK member

XillveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2007, 11:35   #17
GrandAdm Thrawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XillveR
thrawn you sure about that?
thought that TheBerk has right...

unpaid cant choose population and goverment.. i believe ( not 100% sure)

( i dont know because im paid lol)
well I upgraded my account 1 day to tickstart, and till then on overview it said so..
Unread 29 Apr 2007, 12:14   #18
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

The overview was wrong, and was changed afterwards to show how free accounts are limited, which is what I quoted. Trust me, I'm better than you.
Unread 29 Apr 2007, 12:18   #19
max_vix
ViX

max_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these parts

Good luck guys
Unread 29 Apr 2007, 21:37   #20
GrandAdm Thrawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
The overview was wrong, and was changed afterwards to show how free accounts are limited, which is what I quoted. Trust me, I'm better than you.
support says you are right, so I take it to be true. Only wonder why you know they changed overview, did you sign up once more?

In no way does that mean though you are better then me
Unread 29 Apr 2007, 22:07   #21
TheBerk
dazed and confused

I was a free account until a couple of days ago, so I had ample time to read the overview and see the changes.
Unread 3 May 2007, 21:48   #22
Terrorist

Good lucky hope u do well
Unread 15 May 2007, 20:50   #23
GrandAdm Thrawn

Tides of Fire still recruiting!

As we are now bound by the top 10 avg. rule, we are searching for people up to 800k score, so especially if you started late, are active and you have growth potential we hope you find your way to us