User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 May 2007, 18:11   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Summer is Here!

Well not quite but all the indicators are here. the sun is shining, the football season is over and all the tv series have nearly finished.

I have a habit of annoying any shows which are given any hype whatsoever. So, I've not watched any news series so far in the past six months. Which shows have finished (or are about to finish) that I could watch? I sort of prefer to do it this way as I can just blitz through them rather than having to wait a week for the next one. I think my first port of call will be the continuously-hyped Heroes, though I am concerned it will be just as crap as Mutant X.

Conversly, which shows are you looking forward to which start in the coming weeks?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 18:15   #2
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summer is Here!

Theres some good shows starting?

*Heroes are great
*Entourage is finishing its 3rd season.
*Friday Night Lights is a new show i really enjoyed, its about american football but has a very nice 'dark side'.

One awesome new show that is unfortunately ending is Studio 60, such a great show
Unread 24 May 2007, 18:54   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

The 4400 is starting in June I think. It'll be the fourth season and I'm looking forward to it. It's quite a huge gap between every season though, which I find damn annoying as I always forget what happened :/
Unread 24 May 2007, 18:57   #4
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of

Fourth series of Peep Show finished last week. Watch that.
Dark_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 19:13   #5
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm feeling quite happy the sun is out. I was doing glorious nothing, just lying down not thinking, yesterday in the sun. Then because the weather was so great I decided to goto the pub last in the evening for a drink on the benches outsider where I met interesting and attractive young flesh. Great.

I don;t really watch television.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 19:33   #6
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

You have missed the most obvious summer sign:

The Norwegian coast guard is looking for germans lost at sea.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 19:48   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I think my first port of call will be the continuously-hyped Heroes, though I am concerned it will be just as crap as Mutant X.
Such concerns are unfounded. I won't bother hyping it up anymore - it has it's fault but it's by the far the best of the current series that I watch. Admittedly, the only ones I keep up to date with are Smallville (simply so I can be annoyed), Lost (so I can bemused and annoyed) and Supernatural (I don't even know why). BSG is obviously still brilliant but that ended a while ago.

I'm repeatedly told by all and sundry that The Wire is the best TV show ever, but I can't be bothered to start it.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 20:09   #8
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Eureka.
heroes is ok.
House MD is fun.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 20:24   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Series to watch:

All of Heroes
All of the Sopranos
All of Prison Break

oh and I need to get a job and somewhere to live too.
Unread 24 May 2007, 20:29   #10
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'm repeatedly told by all and sundry that The Wire is the best TV show ever, but I can't be bothered to start it.
If you watch no other TV for the rest of your life, watch The Wire. Seriously, it really is as good as everyone says (and it's probably still better than that). Worth it just for the crime scene investigation carried out using nothing but the words 'shit' and 'mother****er' (which, if they were not already cornerstones of your vocabulary, will become so after you've spent most of your waking hours watching the show).
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2007, 20:40   #11
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

I "aquired" 3 seasons (or was it 2) of this "superb" series earlier mentioned (The wire), and to be honest, i have trouble watching 1 full episode at a time before i pause and go of do something else.

As police series go there is only one good one, and thats "the shield".

Unread 24 May 2007, 20:57   #12
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
You have missed the most obvious summer sign:

The Norwegian coast guard is looking for germans lost at sea.
That's so true. I wonder how much of our tax money are spent on saving these people every year.
Unread 24 May 2007, 21:04   #13
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the UK would probalby let them drown.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 24 May 2007, 21:48   #14
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Would be the smart thing to do.
This world does not need more of tze germanz.

Unread 24 May 2007, 21:50   #15
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

I watched the pilot to The Riches after i saw Eddie Izzard on Jonathan Ross last friday, and it seems rather good.
Unread 25 May 2007, 01:59   #16
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Boston Legal is a hilarious must watch
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2007, 07:45   #17
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
If you watch no other TV for the rest of your life, watch The Wire. Seriously, it really is as good as everyone says (and it's probably still better than that). Worth it just for the crime scene investigation carried out using nothing but the words 'shit' and 'mother****er' (which, if they were not already cornerstones of your vocabulary, will become so after you've spent most of your waking hours watching the show).
Listen to this man, he speaks the truth. Seasons 1, 3 and 4 are absolutely awesome, 2 is slightly below the level of the others, but is still worth watching. And you do really need to watch them all. In order. (In a single week.)
Unread 25 May 2007, 09:41   #18
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They're added to the list, along with The Shield which I left off.

so.

All of Prison Break
All of Heroes
All of the Sopranos
All of The Shield
All of The Wire

thank god for the internet.
Unread 25 May 2007, 12:46   #19
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The 3rd series of the US Office has just finished, that's pretty awesome, watch that.
Unread 25 May 2007, 13:08   #20
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
do you all have sky or digital or something? i never see these shows on the normal 5 channels listings...
I have sky plus, but on the whole if there is a program or series I want to watch I go here or I go here. I prefer the first link as it's less effort and well on demand, when I want to watch it. Although the quality isn't that great, it does me fine.
Unread 25 May 2007, 13:23   #21
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

Entourage.
Heroes.
Boston Legal.
Weeds.
Unread 25 May 2007, 13:33   #22
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Brotherhood starts up again this summer, so does the brilliant Kyle XY, both of them have aired one season so far. Brotherhood can be easiest compared to a gritty west wing with a sopranos theme, and Kyle XY, well.. its sci fi! Both deffo recommended.
Unread 25 May 2007, 18:20   #23
All Systems Go

Has anyone seen Aaron Sorkins's Sports Night? How does it compare to his other tv shows (West Wing, Studio 60)?

I'm getting it now and I am hopeful.
Unread 26 May 2007, 06:14   #24
dda-II

dda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud ofdda-II has much to be proud of

The 90 degree weather has been a clue to summer here in Stockton.

As to series, I have taken to watching some old series on dvd. Most recently I have been watching "Wooster and Jeeves." I keep thinking that Bertie Wooster could grow up to make a marvelous doctor.
dda-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2007, 06:59   #25
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah ****s sake, Weeds season 2 was immensely entertaining. The season finale of season 2 is easily one of the coolest ever!
Unread 26 May 2007, 12:20   #26
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Summer is here. I`m off to the pub again!

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2007, 15:03   #27
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

why isn't house on your list?
Unread 27 May 2007, 01:21   #28
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I don't know about the summer thing. Sure, we had some summer earlier today, but then we had autumn, and spring and now it's winter again. The weather in Trondheim is... unstable these days.

I'd recommend Heroes , and it looks like I'll pick up The Wire to watch then.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2007, 01:30   #29
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Over the weekend I went to North Wales and spent the evenings drinking, chatting and playing scrabble. It rained on Sunday but on Saturday I climbed here and it was better than watching tv.
Unread 28 May 2007, 11:07   #30
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Over the weekend I went to North Wales and spent the evenings drinking, chatting and playing scrabble. It rained on Sunday but on Saturday I climbed here and it was better than watching tv.
Did you climb it for any particular reason?
Unread 28 May 2007, 12:33   #31
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

To get away from you! :zing:
Unread 28 May 2007, 14:19   #32
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

It's fantastic being outdoors, high up, wind in your face, trying hard not to fall. Just exhilarating I suppose.
Unread 28 May 2007, 17:17   #33
All Systems Go

that's not really answered my question. People tend to avoid North Wales, unless they have a very good reason.

they only speak to you in Welsh, even though they can ALL speak English.

Bastards.
Unread 28 May 2007, 20:27   #34
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
that's not really answered my question. People tend to avoid North Wales, unless they have a very good reason.

they only speak to you in Welsh, even though they can ALL speak English.

Bastards.
I went to Dolgellau once to visit my uncle and most of the people there kept being really condescending and looking down on me just because I couldn't speak Welsh
Unread 28 May 2007, 22:19   #35
All Systems Go

Quote:
Has anyone seen Aaron Sorkins's Sports Night? How does it compare to his other tv shows (West Wing, Studio 60)?

I'm getting it now and I am hopeful.
I shall now answer my own question.

Sports Night is too smart to be funny. It has a dry sense of humour which is far more effective in a dead-pan situation. this is why his other shows were so good. A 22 minute comedy with canned laughter is not the right medium for this kind of writing.

I've only seen one episode so far, but it's so frustrating. If you darkened the set, removed the puns and stopped the canned laughter, you'd have a show closer to Studio 60 and it would be far superior.
Unread 28 May 2007, 23:18   #36
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Jesus guys, 3 neg reps for saying the US office is awesome.

What exactly is it about it that you don't like? I think it's a nice reworking of the original. A lot of the stuff is directly copied from the UK version but as it goes on it develops its own storylines (that can last over many many episodes as it has far more than the UK version) that I found compelling

The acting is also pretty top notch and it's being well recieved critically and as far as ratings go (a fourth 22 episode season is now being made).

I know Americans normally screw these things up, and I guess that's what a lot of your hate stems from, but this one is good and you people really need to give it another chance, assuming you liked the UK one, that is.
Unread 28 May 2007, 23:20   #37
All Systems Go

I've not seen it but I would like to. I have an issue with it being 22 episodes per season.

Although it is automatically cool for having an episode directed by Joss Whedon.