User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 9 Apr 2003, 13:25   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Urgent Help, My PC just died :(

My comp just suddenly turned itself off for no reason and no i can't turn it back on.

I thought (hoped) it might be the fuse in one of the plugs but tried it with sevral different cables and still nothing.

I thought the PSU might have blown but no idea how to check that or even how to get it out of my comp (it has a wire going to cpu fan that i can't disconnect without removing fan, etc and dunno if i could put it back on afterwards)

What else could it be?

Any suggestions as i've got some work on it that i really need?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 14:59   #2
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
I have had this many times, if I was you, leave the PC switched off over night and try in the morning, if it comes back on it IS a faulty motherboard.

I get this alot at work

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 15:48   #3
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
IMO, your PSU just blew, go sniff it or see if you can get some light into the PSU grilling and see if it is charred or what.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 16:35   #4
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Re: Urgent Help, My PC just died :(

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
My comp just suddenly turned itself off for no reason and no i can't turn it back on.

I thought (hoped) it might be the fuse in one of the plugs but tried it with sevral different cables and still nothing.

I thought the PSU might have blown but no idea how to check that or even how to get it out of my comp (it has a wire going to cpu fan that i can't disconnect without removing fan, etc and dunno if i could put it back on afterwards)

What else could it be?

Any suggestions as i've got some work on it that i really need?
If you're really desperate for the work, and seeing as you have access to another box to write this from, why not yank out the hard disk, stick it in the active one as a slave, steal the data, then start worrying about your problem.

Does sound like the PSU's gone tbh
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 20:14   #5
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
he could have written it from an Inet Cafe or uni/school. :/
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 12:17   #6
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Luckeh!!!!
he could have written it from an Inet Cafe or uni/school. :/
using one of my mates computers at the minute, they wouldn't be best pleased if i started taking them apart

thankfully found a copy of some of what i needed in my uni sent mail folder so not as bad as it could have been

ta for the help
getting PSU replaced and hoping that fixes it
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:36   #7
Ragnarak

fitted a new psu and it works again
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 17:27   #8
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

good to hear