User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 7 Jun 2003, 13:07   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Screen/monitor problem: artifacts

Since yesterday (evening I think) I occasionally see "artifacts" on my screen. It's either a line horizontally over the screen, or a rectangle in which the colors are MUCH brighter.

They disappear when I reconfigure my screen settings (ie: change resolution).

I don't know where it comes from, but my guess would be the video card itself (GF2 GTS).
Degausing the monitor doesn't remove the artifacts, so I don't think it's that.
Neither to I believe it's a driver problem, as it only happens occasionally at irregular intervals. And I've never had this problem before.
That leaves the videocard.

Could it have to do with temperature? It's been quite hot here the past week. Case temp is 42 and CPU 51 according to Sandra.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote