User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 21 Mar 2003, 22:55   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
i cant access some websites :(

ok, if set up another computer for my internet access and for running my filesharing program. i use my 'normal' pc for reading random websites. i use that internet access sharing-thingy that comes with windows. but now i cant access some pages (like google or the page i need to acces my email-adresses). most other sides, like this forum for example, work.
how does this happen and what can i do against it?
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 22:57   #2
Rayden
Enforcer

Rayden is an unknown quantity at this point
borked dns maybe?

internet connection sharing sucks.. you should buy a real hardware router OR set up a unix box to do routing for you.
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 23:11   #3
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
yes, seems to be that dns-thingy. (if dns is the thing that links adress (i.e. google.com) with the ip-adress (216.239.33.100))
if i use the ip-adress directly it works.
is there anything else i can do besides the two things you mentioned? i have no idea about linux / unix and no time to get started with it and i dont have the money to buy any hardware right now.
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 11:41   #4
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Perhaps get yourself a 3rd-party router for your windows box. Winroute is one that springs to mind.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:25   #5
wu_trax

i just tryed winroute. still doesnt work :/
really strange

edit: it didnt work, now it does. thanks \o/

Last edited by wu_trax; 22 Mar 2003 at 16:43.
wu_trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 06:20   #6
Rayden
Enforcer

Rayden is an unknown quantity at this point
setting your dns servers manually in network connection settings will do your trick..

learning unix is definetaly something you should consider if you're into computers and networking.
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 23:27   #7
wu_trax

it stoped working, really strange. some sides work, some dont. i dont have access to a single searh engine :/
thgis certainly is a cia-plot to stop me from posting anything at all here that makes sence
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:31   #8
SPQR

SPQR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: i cant access some websites :(

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
ok, if set up another computer for my internet access and for running my filesharing program. i use my 'normal' pc for reading random websites. i use that internet access sharing-thingy that comes with windows. but now i cant access some pages (like google or the page i need to acces my email-adresses). most other sides, like this forum for example, work.
how does this happen and what can i do against it?
Are you German and using T-Online maybe? I think i have a solution for your problem then.
SPQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:40   #9
wu_trax

yes and yes.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:51   #10
SPQR

Ok, I had the same problem, when i was using a proxy to get into the net.

Anyway, go to Extras > Internet Optionen > Verbindungen.

Press on the button "Einstellungen" in the "LAN Einstellungen" field.

Activate "Proxy Server für LAN verwenden" and put in as adress www-proxy.t-online.de

When i did that, those sites you mentioned worked again
But i made the experience that some other sites didn't work anymore, just deactivate "Proxy Server für LAN verwenden" then again.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:54   #11
wu_trax

it works \o/
thanks
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:55   #12
SPQR

np
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 01:48   #13
wu_trax

a) this was a software problem
b) the problem is solved so it wasnt necessary to move the thread.

i just wanted to say that, i dont really care
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 02:21   #14
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
a) this was a software problem
b) the problem is solved so it wasnt necessary to move the thread.
If someone has this problem at a later date and would like to look it up before asking, it's more appropriate that it's here than under the 'Programming' forum

Jester
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 14:17   #15
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
as if people look up threads
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:49   #16
wu_trax

i installed linux today and use the other pc for routing or whatever now
now everything is fine, including accessing my email accounts on gmx.net from outlook (which didnt work with the proxy-setting)