User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Sep 2004, 14:28   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A far better punishment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3670578.stm

A driver involved in a fatal accident in the US has been given a string of humiliating punishments by a judge.
Frank Dorsett was jailed for a year and must then drive a low-powered car and carry a photo of the wreck he helped to cause outside Dallas in June 2003.

Besides carrying the photo and being banned from driving a car of more than 130 horsepower, Dorsett must also take daily medication that will make him sick if he drinks alcohol, and carry a bumper sticker asking other motorists to call the probation department if he drives recklessly.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 14:33   #2
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future
Re: A far better punishment

That should teach the twat, heh.
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 14:34   #3
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Paging TomKat to thread on drink driving!

I fully endorse this judge's punishment, in fact I implore that we actually have speciailized judges for criminal cases.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 14:43   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

justice truly delivered
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 14:44   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what a ****ing excellent punishment
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 15:07   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And I just lost my licence for a year...

Yet another reason to be glad I don't live in America.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 15:08   #7
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
And I just lost my licence for a year...

Yet another reason to be glad I don't live in America.
People like you make British Citizens disattisfied with our justice system.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 15:17   #8
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
People like you make British Citizens disattisfied with our justice system.
I'm actually allowed to drive in the UK, if I retake my licence. It's only Jersey I've been banned... So to be honest, it's not a particularly harsh punishment.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 15:24   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm actually allowed to drive in the UK, if I retake my licence. It's only Jersey I've been banned... So to be honest, it's not a particularly harsh punishment.
I can do the same, if i was banned over here, id be free to drive in the UK, and Vice Versa.

Be warned though Tomkat, both the IOM & Jersey/Guernsey are working on reciprocal agreements with the UK to have driving bans enforced on both sides of the water.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 15:58   #10
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

People who are caught drinking and driving, or cause an accident by drink driving should be banned from driving any kind of motor vehicle for the rest of their lives.

If someone is killed because of their driving, they themselves should have their life taken from them. Capital punishment for crimes would make people think twice about committing them.

British Justice is too soft on criminals.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 16:01   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You realise if the judge had imposed that on someone in the UK, theyd have taken it to the European Court of Civil Rights and fought it for years at the taxpayers expense, and probably got off with it?
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 16:13   #12
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Hence why Europe should have **** all to do with the UK. Why should we bow before their judgements? We're one of the most powerful countries in the world, hell we used to own half the world, now we're making decisions and then waiting for some politician in Germany or Belgium to overturn it?
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 19:12   #13
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
People who are caught drinking and driving should be banned from driving any kind of motor vehicle for the rest of their lives.
Why? That's incredibly narrow-minded.

In my opinion, once someone has paid their dues to society, they should be forgiven and permitted to carry on as normal. Once i've carried out my ban, and get back on the road, I won't do it again. Surely that's enough?
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 19:18   #14
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yay for creative punishment
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 19:25   #15
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Why? That's incredibly narrow-minded.

In my opinion, once someone has paid their dues to society, they should be forgiven and permitted to carry on as normal. Once i've carried out my ban, and get back on the road, I won't do it again. Surely that's enough?
If you knew you'd be banned for life, you wouldn't have done it in the first place, thus not putting civilian lives at risk whilst driving.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 19:32   #16
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think if you drink drive it should be an auto 10 year ban *shrug*
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 19:36   #17
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hence why Europe should have **** all to do with the UK. Why should we bow before their judgements? We're one of the most powerful countries in the world, hell we used to own half the world, now we're making decisions and then waiting for some politician in Germany or Belgium to overturn it?
That's a very nationalistic view. Britain is infact not superior in any way and we, as a nation, aren't above inernational law.

Capital punishment doesn't reduce crime, America is living proof of that. Also the first priority of the justice system should be rehabilitation, life time punishments are far too harsh for a first offence (depending on the seriousness of the crime of course, blowing up a few hundred people or something would constitute life imprisonment.
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 19:42   #18
skiddy
wild one

International Law? We have British law. We are Britain. We have a British justice system. If that says something, the EU shouldn't be able to turn around and say something. If someone doesn't like the way it is in the UK, they can **** off to another country where they have different laws or relaxed rights.

British affairs are British affairs, a conglomerate group of countries shouldn't be allowed to have a say in what happens in our country - just as we shouldn't be wandering half way round the planet forcibly pushing our values into other nationalities.

This whole Europe thing is going too far. NATO was a great thing, strength in numbers, but attempting to give a continent as diverse as Europe an overseeing 'government' is ridiculous.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 19:46   #19
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3670578.stm
Dorsett must also take daily medication that will make him sick if he drinks alcohol
This part is absolute bollocks and out of line.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 19:50   #20
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
This part is absolute bollocks and out of line.
Alcoholics regularly have that put on them as part of a treatment program. And TBH, if you had suspicion a person was going to drink drive, and could force them not to drink, youd probably take that option as well.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 19:51   #21
Sunday8pm
Banned

Also if alcohol is an essential part of your diet or recreation then perhaps you are an alcoholic anyway.
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 19:54   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Also if alcohol is an essential part of your diet or recreation then perhaps you are an alcoholic anyway.
Here's to banning everything that isn't essential!

PS I wonder if that includes hula hoops
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 19:58   #23
Tomkat

Quote:
If you knew you'd be banned for life, you wouldn't have done it in the first place, thus not putting civilian lives at risk whilst driving.
That's not true at all. I didn't drink-drive because the one-year ban isn't that bad. I drank drove because I thought I was under the limit. It appeared, from tests, that I wasn't, so I got banned.

So you're saying that people who end up being over the limit without realising (one pint was all I had, for instance) should be banned forever?
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 20:04   #24
skiddy
wild one

Yes, as they shouldn't have had one at all. They know the risks, the one pint limit isn't set in stone, it depends on body factors as well.

'Have none for the road.'
Unread 19 Sep 2004, 20:18   #25
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Here's to banning everything that isn't essential!

PS I wonder if that includes hula hoops
Don't sell Hula Hoops in Canada you know, in fact they are an alien concept here.

That said I'm agreeing with skiddy here so shutup you drunken irishman :P