User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 19 Sep 2007, 12:57   #1
KMM

KMM is an unknown quantity at this point
Sheffield Wednesday FC sue their own fans

Not sure if anyone has heard of this but my football club, Sheffield Wednesday FC, are sueing their own fans. There's a petition which someone has started up, which may not do any good, but it will give the people who are being sued a msile hopefully that people are behind their case
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

Also, here's a bit of information available which I posted elsewhere...

Quote:
We are in an incredible situation at Sheffield Wednesday

This month our football club issued legal action against one of our fans Darryl Keys

They wanted to sue him for suggesting that one of the SWFC directors had been talking to ‘Wednesdayite’ which is our fans association with 1200 members

The club fired off legal letters to Darryl saying they were suing him and so Darryl had to appoint a lawyer to advise and represent him

Thing is – Darryl was telling the truth 100%

When the club did some asking around in the boardroom they found that it was indeed true and dropped their action but have left Darryl with a legal bill of £4800 to pay

Next up a lifelong fan of the club who’s family have strong ties to the club is in court this month on the 27th for criticising the Chief Executive. If he loses he will lose his house, his job and possibly his partner after a year of stress leading up to the trial takes it’s toll. This person is being sued for £50,000.

It’s worth noting that this person has been the secretary of the shareholders association at SWFC and has been responsible for fundraising over the years for many initiatives such as raising money to buy a huge flag that our supporters used, enjoyed and are famous for (it was the biggest flag in England at the time) and a collection for the ticket office staff at Hillsborough after they worked under serious pressure to sell tickets to fans for the Cardiff playoff final that we attended and won a few years back

Finally the main story is that the club have started legal proceedings against me personally as owner of owlstalk.co.uk to force me to hand over the names and addresses of 34 users of the site and their posts for the last 12 months (because they want to see if there’s anything they have written over the last year that they can take action over ??)

They are looking to take action against these 34 people who include elderly people, students and even a direct relative of Martin Luther King (yes – seriously !)

Our lawyers estimate that if all these court cases go all the way it will cost between 4 and 8 million pounds at a time when we can’t afford to buy players, our online superstore isn’t working etc

This action is being taken by a board who’s chairman have called fans ‘scum’ ‘cretins’ ‘that lot’ ‘yobs’ and even one fan a ‘venomous :censored:’

Here’s some media on this story:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=o51gpNaPNK8
www.owlstalk.co.uk/media/tf.mp3

Listen to this:

www.owlstalk.co.uk/media/Part1.mp3
www.owlstalk.co.uk/media/Part2.mp3
www.owlstalk.co.uk/media/RealRadio.mp3

It’s also worth watching these:
www.youtube.com/v/78AsOlC4E-I
www.youtube.com/v/37JfB7Ovjs4

I’ve created a guest account for you on Owlstalk.co.uk

Username – guest01
Password – guest01

All your users are free to use this account to read the posts on the site

All the best

Neil Hargreaves

owlstalk.co.uk

Last edited by furball; 19 Sep 2007 at 13:02. Reason: fixed the urls for you
Unread 20 Sep 2007, 13:43   #2
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough
Re: Sheffield Wednesday FC sue their own fans

From a Leeds supporter who has endured much pain from taunts from SWFC fans about our current league status, fall from the prem and being run by Master Bates..... HAHAHAHA (although if it helps i'd prefer to be laughing at an SUFC fan )

MOT