User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 06:52   #1
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[rant]Idiots Stockton Style

My local government is run by idiots.

In the last year and a half my local government has built a minor league baseball stadium (criket with round bats and extra bases), a nice shiny new arena for various other sports including indor soccer and hockey. They also built a multi-level parking garage between the two properties.

They spent many millions of dollars on the sturctures and they are fairly decent facilities though on a small town scale.

I am a baseball fan and bought season tickets to support the local economy even though I knew that out of 70 games I would probably attend no more than 10.

I have been peeved this season that though my seats are in an exclusive section of the baseball stadium, I am treated like they feel I am just waiting for the chance to cheat them out of something.

After getting into the park through the gates showing my ticket and allowing them to inspect my wife's purse, not to prevent her carrying in a bomb or a gun, but really for the purpose of making sure she isn't attempting to smuggle food into the stadium where they over charge you for everything, we head toward our rather pricey seats.

When we get to the nearest entrance leading to our section, we are barred from going in this way because it would cause us to walk past the even more exclusive section (luxury boxes). They somehow think that my wife and I might run amock and dash into one of the luxury boxes and create some sort of disturbance.

No. We must walk on to the next two entrances to our area. One of them is a ramp for the disabled which runs back the way I came in order to gain altitude. I have to walk out of my way to use this ramp. I turn toward option number three and find that they have blocked it off so that it cannot be used at all because they don't want to have an extra person man this area.

So I turn to go up the ramp. i am stopped. I must show the attendant my ticket again lest I be trying to sneak in to sit with my betters. But is this enough? No sir! I must wait while the attendant initials the back of my ticket and then fits a wristband, which has to be torn off to get it off, to my wrist. All of this so that I would not be able to pass my tickets off to some low-life friends who could then breach the bounds of gentility (Stockton style) and sit with their betters. The section I sit in is never more than half full.

So I am put upon and treated like a common criminal, not to be trusted just to get to my seat. Should I want to leave my section to go anywhere I have to take the out-of-my-way-to anywhere-I-might-want-to-go ramp then go out of my way to come back where I am greeted by the attendant to whom I must stop and let her look at my armband, just in case I am trying to pull a fast one.

I decide that I will buy my wife and myself an overpriced hot dog. Now, I am not proud of eating hot dogs but at athletic events I find myself craving them but one key element of a HOT dog is the it should be HOT. I don't think that it is asking overmuch for the f***ing hot dog to be HOT! I get, instead a room-temperature dog on a cold bun. It is really hard to f**k up a hot dog more than it is by its nature, but the "new improved concessions" have managed to do it. They recruited all over to come up with an idiot who can't even set up a system whereby I could get a fully heated hot dog.

I might mention that the fairly short line I had to stand in was 15-minutes to get through in order to spend $7 to buy two piece of s**t cold dogs but that might be mean spirited.

Now, I will talk about the part that really made me mad.

When I arrived for the game I decided I would pay the $5 to park in our shinny new parking structure. However, when I got there I found that it was not open. All of the nearby parking had been taken so I had to drive four blocks away in order to park in a city parking lot instead of the one that I helped pay for as a tax payer.

I didn't want to park in free parking on the street about the same distance away because in driving by I could see where several cars had had windows broken out and felt that I really didn't want to deal with having my stereo stolen.

When I had to walk by the parking garage which was closed, I found that the city was paying just as many individuals to stand out and make sure no one tried to sneak into the closed structure as they normally do in order to charge people to go into it. I was told that there weren't enough people using it on a regular basis to justify having it open! I wanted to hit something or someone but then thought it might be unseemly and besides they were much younger and fitter than I and could clearly kick my ass. (Life is often cruel this way. To have been Chuck Norris for just a few minutes......)

I went in to the stadium and endured all of the indignities previously expressed. As I sat in my seat I had a lovely view of the empty parking garage taunting me beyond the left field fence. When the sun went down I became aware that every f**king light in the entire f**cking structure was on, continuing to spend my tax payer's money to light a parking lot which I was not allowed to park in!

Where is Guy Fawlkes when he is really needed?