User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 5 Aug 2006, 17:33   #1
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough
Zik best attack fleet ratio?

K ppl, i'm new at this but ill let you all in on my secret recipie for sucess and you can let me know if im heading for destruction.

res is going out like this:

Corsair 40%
Thief 25%
Buccs 15%
Priv 5%
Cutter 15%

Obv im aiming for the Cath fleets hoping for the Beetle and Vipers so i can increase the FI count and protect the Buccs.

Any thoughts?

Am i plain crazy?

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 21:03   #2
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Zik best attack fleet ratio?

The BS fleet is supposedly better.

(and I don't have one lawl)
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 15:00   #3
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

BS fleet is better. Tara is a 0 loss FR def against your fleet, so, really, all that cath has to do it remove his fi and co so u dont steal it (most caths that i hit dont have mantis, unfortunatly, and as such i fail to see a good reson for bucs to be in that fleet.)

All in all tis good to fake your BS against a cath with your FR of, even better, with DE is u managed to get some terr pods.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 16:22   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Zik fleets are really always about options and faking. If you can cap some cr pods or de pods the usability of your fleet increases dramatically. Individually it's going to be really difficult to build a balanced enough defensive fleet and a decent roiding fleet, so the ability to fake is a must.
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 16:52   #5
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Zik fleets always depend on which ships you have stolen.

Ships (42,857 total)
Pegasus 10 Barghest 2
Demeter 1 Spider 1,166
Beetle 1,509 Viper 529
Black Widow 12 Tarantula 3
Mosquito 180 Phantom 11,072
Vsharrak 7,530 Wraith 16
Lancer 1 Dagger 2,640
Corsair 12,993 Thief 3,362
Cutter 23 Rogue 893
Buccaneer 671 Marauder 150
Pillager 42 Pirate 6
Privateer 44 Ironclad 2

As you can see I have a 2 good FI and CO attack fleets. I suicided my BS fleets twice already heh. Most marauders were stolen by my (now quite dead) pirate BS fleet. If I manage to steal some terr DE someday I might be able to have a DE attack fleet.

Now something about defence. I'm wide open against cruisers. Can't do much about it tbh as cath CR is most likely the best attackfleet this round. People still tend to attack me with FI (zik fi fleets) and BS (especially terr BS fleets). If I should get terr DE inc I would be able to build pillagers but DE faked as BS might go through as I wouldn't want to lose my BS. I'm wide open against zik DE with demeters though.

To put it in a nutshell zik attack fleets depend on luck, idle farming skills and fleetcatches. But on the whole yes, there are 2 choices. FI/CO attack fleets or DE/BS attack fleets. DE/BS might be abit harder to use in fleetcatches and farming due to ETA but they are harder to stop also. CO will have pegs and DE will have harpies as good deterrants. Good luck with your fleet.

Last edited by HK; 8 Aug 2006 at 16:58.
HK is offline   Reply With Quote