User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 8 Aug 2006, 09:01   #151
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Congratulations eXilition

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Prior to r17 - well who knows .
Is that actually supposed to mean something? Can I assume you weren't happy with my answer to the original question?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters

Last edited by mazzelaar; 8 Aug 2006 at 13:32.
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 09:31   #152
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

KweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
No hes never bin a member of 1up. Willzzz is ex HC of Legion (aka VtS) as far as i can remmember. The most idle git in PA History. So he does have some knowledge at least. And to be honest some of the things he has said are true. But i wont be going into them. So ill leave it at that. Just clarifying he is of course not in 1up. As many people seem to think thats the only reason why hes voicing his appionon toward exi so bitterly.
Now this is a valuable post. You might aswell posted nothing. What is true and is there something to actually back up what you claim to be true? I know who willzzz is.

eXilition
KweKweK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 09:51   #153
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KweKweK
Now this is a valuable post.
Easy tiger, welcome to the internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewKweK
You might aswell posted nothing.
Fitting in well I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewKweK
What is true and is there something to actually back up what you claim to be true? I know who willzzz is.
Lets look at the part you quoted shall we!

I shall for the older readers of the forums (and maybe the ignorant ;o) highlight each point assasin makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assasin
No hes POINT A never been a member of 1up. POINT B Willzzz is ex HC of Legion (aka VtS) as far as i can remmember. POINT C The most idle git in PA History. So POINT D he does have some knowledge at least. And to be honest POINT E some of the things he has said are true. But POINT F i wont be going into them. So ill leave it at that. Just POINT A.2 clarifying he is of course not in 1up. As many people seem to think thats the only reason why hes voicing his appionon toward exi so bitterly.
I fair bit of what he said is true and I would argue for forum posters who arent quite in the know like clearly someone of such highstanding such as yourself, his post is rather useful.

I think I will go and pos rep him for it I believe it is that good.

God I have a big penis.
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 09:58   #154
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

how come all threads involving 1up and eXi turn into trolling wars albeit clever ones, most of the people here can contrust clear concise english sentances and make them look like constructive criticism but there just trolling.

Ok the point I would like to make is can people stop talking about cheating or people who use VNC, i thought ( although i might be wrong) people dont use it anymore so there NOW isnt a problem they used to be but quite frankly get over it.

I have loads of respect for both of the alliances but honestly i lose it by the minuite when i read what you guys write. guys you are probably the best PA players in the game now and possibly there ever has been grats to both of you now im not asking you guys to get along with each other rivally is a good think but can we please for my and everyone else who isnt 1up and eXi stop turning every thread into a 1up did this exi did this please?

Im not really that fussed but you guys are making people respect you less

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 10:04   #155
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos
can we please for my and everyone else who isnt 1up and eXi stop turning every thread into a 1up did this exi did this please?

Im not really that fussed but you guys are making people respect you less
I think you will find its always NON 1up/eX posters that move it in this direction in the first place so obviously some people are interested, I find the whole discussion boring
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 10:11   #156
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
I think you will find its always NON 1up/eX posters that move it in this direction in the first place so obviously some people are interested, I find the whole discussion boring

at least we agree on something

or not
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 10:14   #157
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I think you will find its always NON 1up/eX posters that move it in this direction in the first place
Incidentally the way 1up or eXi play dictates the round for most of them, so it's no big suprise they have an opinion on the matter. However, turning each debate into a 'yes / no / go prove it'-contest isn't any good at all, and boring, I'll agree to that.
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 10:24   #158
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
how come all threads involving 1up and eXi turn into trolling wars albeit clever ones, most of the people here can contrust clear concise english sentances and make them look like constructive criticism but there just trolling.
I believe we have mods to decide what is and isnt trolling, but thank you for trying to become the internet police and tell us what I and others can and can't post.

Back to your post itself

Quote:
Ok the point I would like to make is can people stop talking about cheating or people who use VNC, i thought ( although i might be wrong) people dont use it anymore so there NOW isnt a problem they used to be but quite frankly get over it.
Once again a 1up, an exilition arent mentioning cheating but you are bring the subject back up, we dont talk about it so you dont have to!

Quote:
I have loads of respect for both of the alliances

Quote:
guys you are probably the best PA players in the game now and possibly there ever has been grats to both of you now im not asking you guys to get along with each other rivally is a good think but can we please for my and everyone else who isnt 1up and eXi stop turning every thread into a 1up did this exi did this please?
In general a thread with the title "Congratulations eXilition" will be about exil, and I hastent to add 1up. If a thread had ND in the title one would hope ND and there rivals would be mentioned.

I would also like to add that I dont believe 1up and exil hate each other, we respect each other and I like many others get on well with members of there community.
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 10:26   #159
aestuos
No Alliance

well i guess you told me pig

or not
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 11:19   #160
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
well i guess you told me pig
OK then, as the moderator i'll tell you:

- there are some posts on this thread that I would categorise as 'borderline' but none that in my opinion break the rules (although yours technically does, because it's up to the mods to decide who is trolling)

- there are posts on here that make me want to gouge my eyes out in terms of their quality, but I have to read them, analyse them and moderate them.

- if a bad post is not against the rules, I will not delete them unless they reached the complete depths because a bad post is for the poster in question to hang themselves with.
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 11:38   #161
aestuos
No Alliance

lokken i wasnt trolling pig, i was mearly saying that my post wasn't relevant and that he basically put me in my place.

or not
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 11:57   #162
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

for whom the bell trolls
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 13:18   #163
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
In general a thread with the title "Congratulations eXilition" will be about exil, and I hastent to add 1up. If a thread had ND in the title one would hope ND and there rivals would be mentioned.
Who said it was about 1up? The first post in this thread says "congratulations exilition" and just mentions them.

It was a 1up member who then brought 1up into the argument by complaining about Exilition (sour grapes ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I would also like to add that I dont believe 1up and exil hate each other, we respect each other and I like many others get on well with members of there community.
I agree with this though.

I remember earlier in the round, perhaps 3 weeks in, someone in Exilition's private channel asking Kaifux what he thought of the guys in 1up.

His reply (I can't find it but I looked in the logs) was something like "No, I love 1up - they keep the round interesting by being good competition". Which is true - and it's what most Exilitioners think.
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 13:35   #164
aestuos
No Alliance

group E-hug

or not
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 13:50   #165
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

After my ass was mentioned this thread has only gone downwards.

And to all those who have ever felt hate towards any opposition in Planetarion - I strongly suggest you go get some help.
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 13:58   #166
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

i go away for a weeks holiday and no-one tells me the ticker stopped

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 15:39   #167
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I've refrained from posting in this thread until now simply because it was a bit shit. Actually, it was really shit and it's gradually getting worse. A haven of nitpickers and smelly idiots whose writings pollute the interweb unconscionably. However I've decided that if I let that stop me then my postcount would still be in the single digits.

It seems to me that all this dross and sludge, a lot of it from opinionated former players and sycophantic mouthpieces without an original idea or insight between them, has clouded what is really a very simple issue.

The idea of 'better' is subjective and therefore neither 1up nor eXilition can ever be judged superior to the other. There are simply too many levels of comparison and too many factors in play for an objective truth to be found. We can, if we are so inclined, judge success reasonably well though. The game provides a scoring system and the victor of each previous round is remembered, giving context for score comparison.

But I would rather shoot myself in the face than occupy a position that all either 1up or eXilition are worth is the score they've had in the rounds they've played. It may be silly, but 1up means far more to me than that and I'm sure the same is true of eXi for their players. It will truly be a sad day (for Planetarion - not worldwide or anything) if it ever transpires that the best players in this game regard score as their primary motivation for playing. Primarily because the game simply isn't good enough for that to be sustainable but also considering that, once more, we are being shown that an alliance united, under strong leadership, is greater than the sum of it's parts and thus ultimately has a tendancy to prevail.

It is this commonality between alliances that is the cause of both the mutual respect and rivalry which I feel is generally prevalent between 1up & eXilition. This rivalry is bound to raise issues such as 1 round hardcore excellence (playing only when you can deploy the full strength of your alliance, conserving strength in between) vs continuous effort at as high a level as can be maintained. These styles are not intrinsically better or worse, simply different. I know which I value more and so I play in 1up - a personal choice.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 16:20   #168
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Would you be willing to declare that 1up had no out-of-tag scanners at the beginning of Round 18?
I cannot speak for HC but as one of the last 2 hold outs to join the tag it only makes logical sence to have your scanners in tag before tick 72. The alliance fund can be directly used for scans by the 6 designated scanners. It also takes 8 ticks to donate resources to an in tag player so having scanners out of tag would be detrimental in terms of getting the most value out of shared scans.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 16:22   #169
Biggin
Village Idiot

Biggin is on a distinguished road

Excellent Achilles, you get it. Some of us who refrain from being drawn offside and contributing to a ridiculous thread such as this one, applaud you. Give me PA community (although a dying one) over any choice here. Having good opponents and good sportmanship is what competition should entail. Instead, we have a cesspool of spoiled rotten toddlers with an inet connection who hide behind their keyboard and float freely on these forums without any consequence or recourse for their actions.

Your best points:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
It seems to me that all this dross and sludge, a lot of it from opinionated former players and sycophantic mouthpieces without an original idea or insight between them, has clouded what is really a very simple issue.

The idea of 'better' is subjective and therefore neither 1up nor eXilition can ever be judged superior to the other.

But I would rather shoot myself in the face than occupy a position that all either 1up or eXilition are worth is the score they've had in the rounds they've played.
Biggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 17:53   #170
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Pft everyone slates eX saying that, 'oh noes they only play every other round'. However i think this is a harsh statement in that it is only the eX HC's and a small number of other players that take the round break. I think people forget that although eX dont play together as an alliance 80% of their members play consistently in other allies during these ''off/resting'' periods. The choice not to play every round is one reached by eX HC's and its not necessarily representitive of its memberbase.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 17:57   #171
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
you guys bore me :/
No-ones forcing you to stay.
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 18:02   #172
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove
Pft everyone slates eX saying that, 'oh noes they only play every other round'. However i think this is a harsh statement in that it is only the eX HC's and a small number of other players that take the round break. I think people forget that although eX dont play together as an alliance 80% of their members play consistently in other allies during these ''off/resting'' periods. The choice not to play every round is one reached by eX HC's and its not necessarily representitive of its memberbase.
It is however representative of their overall strategy.

So far they have only played in rounds where 1up has just won the previous round. The use the negative feelings people have towards 1up to garner more support from those other alliances where their members hang out during the so call "Off-Rounds."

To be honest it is a brilliant strategy and we should have seen it before. I really don't think eXi could manage 2 rounds in a row but only eXi HC could attempt to prove that wrong by having their alliance play round after round the way most alliances do.

I did notice that eXi is recruiting for R19 so maybe we can have a real showdown with more dynamics next round.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 18:21   #173
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
No-ones forcing you to stay.
actually yes, my pure leetness makes ppl nag on me to stay.... hehe
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 18:27   #174
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
So far they have only played in rounds where 1up has just won the previous round. The use the negative feelings people have towards 1up to garner more support from those other alliances where their members hang out during the so call "Off-Rounds."
Can i just point out that this may indeed be vaild for rounds 13/15 but it hardly applies to the current round. eX have been 100% solo so far this round, they have also been the only allaince at war with 1up.

It is 1up that has gathered support to attack us* so im unsure at how you can draw the conclusions you have made.

* I in no way mean this in a negative way, the round was stagnating and it has brought a smile to more than a few eX players that we finally have a fight on our hands again.
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 19:07   #175
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can i just point out that this may indeed be vaild for rounds 13/15 but it hardly applies to the current round. eX have been 100% solo so far this round, they have also been the only allaince at war with 1up.

It is 1up that has gathered support to attack us* so im unsure at how you can draw the conclusions you have made.

* I in no way mean this in a negative way, the round was stagnating and it has brought a smile to more than a few eX players that we finally have a fight on our hands again.
R15 was a lot more fun/competitive ...at least to this point
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 21:37   #176
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
No hes never bin a member of 1up. Willzzz is ex HC of Legion (aka VtS) as far as i can remmember. The most idle git in PA History. So he does have some knowledge at least. And to be honest some of the things he has said are true. But i wont be going into them. So ill leave it at that. Just clarifying he is of course not in 1up. As many people seem to think thats the only reason why hes voicing his appionon toward exi so bitterly.
your just jealous of his idling skills
as far as i can remember he was offered a place in 1up but would need willzz or sid to confirm this

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 22:26   #177
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
I cannot speak for HC but as one of the last 2 hold outs to join the tag it only makes logical sence to have your scanners in tag before tick 72. The alliance fund can be directly used for scans by the 6 designated scanners. It also takes 8 ticks to donate resources to an in tag player so having scanners out of tag would be detrimental in terms of getting the most value out of shared scans.
I'm very grateful for your assistance on the mechanics of the alliance fund, but mazz has already given me all the useful details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Is that actually supposed to mean something? Can I assume you weren't happy with my answer to the original question?
Er...

It means nothing more than it says and says nothing more than it does. I've left open the question of whether or not 1up had out-of-tag scanners prior to Round 16, since you admitted that you didn't recall and we weren't sure given that past forum posts were ambiguous at best. I really don't see much point in getting into an argument over this, but if you want to keep it running....feel free.
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 22:48   #178
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've refrained from posting in this thread until now simply because it was a bit shit. Actually, it was really shit and it's gradually getting worse. A haven of nitpickers and smelly idiots whose writings pollute the interweb unconscionably. However I've decided that if I let that stop me then my postcount would still be in the single digits.

The idea of 'better' is subjective and therefore neither 1up nor eXilition can ever be judged superior to the other. There are simply too many levels of comparison and too many factors in play for an objective truth to be found. We can, if we are so inclined, judge success reasonably well though. The game provides a scoring system and the victor of each previous round is remembered, giving context for score comparison.

But I would rather shoot myself in the face than occupy a position that all either 1up or eXilition are worth is the score they've had in the rounds they've played. It may be silly, but 1up means far more to me than that and I'm sure the same is true of eXi for their players. It will truly be a sad day (for Planetarion - not worldwide or anything) if it ever transpires that the best players in this game regard score as their primary motivation for playing. Primarily because the game simply isn't good enough for that to be sustainable but also considering that, once more, we are being shown that an alliance united, under strong leadership, is greater than the sum of it's parts and thus ultimately has a tendancy to prevail.

It is this commonality between alliances that is the cause of both the mutual respect and rivalry which I feel is generally prevalent between 1up & eXilition. This rivalry is bound to raise issues such as 1 round hardcore excellence (playing only when you can deploy the full strength of your alliance, conserving strength in between) vs continuous effort at as high a level as can be maintained. These styles are not intrinsically better or worse, simply different. I know which I value more and so I play in 1up - a personal choice.
Nice post.
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 22:54   #179
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Its a discussion board. "AD" Alliance Discussions. If everyone had the same opinion, you would* be nothing.

If you feel the issue is clouded, maybe you didn't understand. If everyone didn't understand like you, then noone would know.

I can't knock your post though. I get your idea, but reading your idea actually felt better than the reality, and the way it is implemented into the game. People do play for score, top planets have bene playing for score, since that was the way to win. But I understand what you mean, and I don't think you are psycho for thinking different than I do.

unnarrow

*- read "are"
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 23:31   #180
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

I think this thread has depleted itself. Achilles summed it up quite well. 1up vs eX is clearly over and eX won that face off (20k roid difference after a week of fighting). As the skilldifference has been cleared it's now up to the numbers to decide the winner of this new war. I think Forest could be the perfect guy to make a new thread about it.

Always outnumbered, never outgunned!
Unread 8 Aug 2006, 23:42   #181
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

How do i end up in this thread?

I know im sexy but im neither exil or 1up
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 00:11   #182
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
As the skilldifference has been cleared it's now up to the numbers to decide the winner of this new war.
And seeing as you dragged me into this.

It is worth noting that certain key members of 1up when you beat 1up through mass blocking are now in exi when u 'won through skill'.

Can we not deduce from that that 1up was most skillful when you won through a block?

And therfor you are correct in that the argument has been decided?

No, i didnt think so.

Frankly until both alliances play under the same circumstances, that discussion cant be answered till then.
And even then, it cant be decided over one round, because other isues will always come into play.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 00:18   #183
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I really don't see much point in getting into an argument over this, but if you want to keep it running....feel free.
No arguments here. I was merely reflecting upon a point you brought up that had absolutely nothing to do with the original question which, I believe, I answered fully and to your satisfaction.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 00:19   #184
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

what he means you idiot is that in THIS ROUND EXIL OUTPLAYED(and out"skilled") 1UP (at least to this point anyway)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 00:21   #185
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
It is worth noting that certain key members of 1up when you beat 1up through mass blocking are now in exi when u 'won through skill'.
No doubt 1up only won R17 because Filth joined who was previously eX.

Seriously, what
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 00:44   #186
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
And seeing as you dragged me into this.

Can we not deduce from that that 1up was most skillful when you won through a block?

And therfor you are correct in that the argument has been decided?

No, i didnt think so.

Frankly until both alliances play under the same circumstances, that discussion cant be answered till then.
And even then, it cant be decided over one round, because other isues will always come into play.

Yes, no way to tell who is the best. We can say that Exil keeps winning though. In my history, or should I say the worlds. The weaker opponent doesn't keep winning. Normally the better opponent wins.

But yeah, here in PA land the best isn't determined by who won or lost.

Unread 9 Aug 2006, 08:18   #187
aestuos
No Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Yes, no way to tell who is the best. We can say that Exil keeps winning though. In my history, or should I say the worlds. The weaker opponent doesn't keep winning. Normally the better opponent wins.

But yeah, here in PA land the best isn't determined by who won or lost.

you serious, im pretty sure thats a good way of telling who is better tbh

or not
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 09:03   #188
Carlyy

Carlyy is infamous around these partsCarlyy is infamous around these parts

Quote:
The idea of 'better' is subjective and therefore neither 1up nor eXilition can ever be judged superior to the other.
Quote:
I know which I value more and so I play in 1up - a personal choice.
Lol cool - one of the losers who won't admit that the winners are better. Classic.
Carlyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 09:28   #189
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

read his post again before announcing you're idiocy personified to the world
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 12:03   #190
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

On another note, cudos to xVx. You are not giving up yet
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 12:29   #191
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
On another note, cudos to xVx. You are not giving up yet
ill second that, sandmans shows theyre really taking a pasting. how long can they hold up against eXi?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 12:56   #192
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

they're not giving up but getting beaten pretty badly

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 21:04   #193
shik
Sorry, Chicken...

shik is infamous around these partsshik is infamous around these parts

oh i would still be scared of 1up.
theyre not wounded deep enough yet...
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 22:18   #194
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

they never will be, since they are not the kind of alliance that simply gives up and stops fighting!
but, exi has created a nice gap between themselves and 1up, and if needbe, im sure that they can make the gap even wider!

as for exi having won the round already, well u know what they say, it ain't over 'till the fat lady sings!
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 22:27   #195
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

http://www.zenwaiter.com/photos/inde...dy%20sings.jpg
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 23:40   #196
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

DRUNK! ON THE INTERNET!!!

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"

Last edited by lokken; 10 Aug 2006 at 00:11.
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 15:20   #197
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyy
Lol cool - one of the losers who won't admit that the winners are better. Classic.
You made my day in proving your IQ level is below that of SubH fleet slots attacking eXi.

My view: It took 1up to beat 1up. Am I going to explain? No, but feel feel to analyse.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 15:31   #198
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
You made my day in proving your IQ level is below that of SubH fleet slots attacking eXi.

My view: It took 1up to beat 1up. Am I going to explain? No, but feel feel to analyse.
Right, eX had nothing to do with it.
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 16:06   #199
Carlyy

Carlyy is infamous around these partsCarlyy is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l

Ah the old, "they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" bull-crap. The mating call of sore losers the world over. So Sad. :crymeariver:

Last edited by Carlyy; 10 Aug 2006 at 16:13.
Carlyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 16:26   #200
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Right, eX had nothing to do with it.
He didn't say it was only 1up who beat 1up - that was one of the main factors though (in his opinion).

I think what he's trying to say is that 1up wouldn't have come 1st in this round no matter who they faced. If that IS what he's saying, I disagree. It's entirely speculative but he could be correct. We'll never know!