User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Sep 2005, 16:21   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Mozart.

So, I'm opening up (in a non vaginal sense) to classical music. In this thread you recommend me some classical music. I have come to like Mozart's work, particularly his work which deals with higher frequencies of sound. It reminds me of some of Aphex Twin's work strangly enough, particularly his Analord stuff. So suggest away.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 16:26   #2
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mozart.

Bach's Brandeburgische Konzerte. Wonderful.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 16:39   #3
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

pachelbel - canon
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 16:47   #4
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Johann Sebastian Bach - Air/Luft

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 16:50   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Vivaldi - Gloria In Excelsis Deo
Handel - Zadok the Priest
J. S. Bach - Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring
Mozart - Lacrimosa (Requiem)
Bach - Gounod - Ave Maria
Allegri - Miserere Mei, Deus
Fauré - In Paradisum (Requiem)
Delibes - Flower Duet
Offenbach - Barcarolle (The Tales of Hoffman)
Fauré - Pavane
Puccini - O Mio Babbino Caro (Gianni(Schicchi)
Puccini - One Fine Day (Madame Butterfly)
Verdi - Chous of Heberw Slaves
Bizet - Temple Duet (The Pearl Fishers)
Verdi - Anvil Chorus
Puccini - Nessum Dorma (Turandot)
Orff - O Fortuna (Carmina Burana)
Verdi - Dies Irae (Requiem)
Handel - Hallelujah Chorus (Messiah)
Pachelbel - Canon
Vivaldi - Winter - The Four Seasons
Albinoni - Adagio
Beethoven - 'Pastoral' Symphony
Mozart - Clarinet Concerto
Elgar - Cello Concerto
Rachmaninov - Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
Rodrigo - Concerto de Aranjuez
Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake
Dvorák - 'New World' Symphony
Elgar - Nimrod
Beethoven - 'Moonlight' Sonata
Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto No. 2
Barber - Adagio
Mozart - 'Elvira Madigan' Piano Concerto
Tchaikovsky - Dance of the Reed Flutes
Mascagni - Intermezzo
Mendelssohn - Violin Concerto
Richard Straus - Sunrise (Also sprach Zarathustra)
Gustav Holst - Jupiter (The Planets)
J. S. Bach - Toccata in D minor
Vivaldi - The Four Seasons - 'Spring' (Allegro)
Mozart - Symphony No. 40 in G minor - Molto allegro
Beethoven - Symphony No. 5 in C Minor - Allegro con brio
Prokofiev - Montagues and Capulets (Romeo and Juliet)
Grieg - Piano Concerto in A Minor
Maurice Ravel - Bolero
Aaron Copland - Fanfare for the Common Man
Richard Wagner - The Ride of the Valkyries (Die Walkure)
Tchaikovsky - Piano Concerto No. 1 - Allegro non troppo
J. S. Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F - Allegro assai
Sergei Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto No. 3 - Allegro ma non tanto
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture
Beethoven - Ode to Joy ('Choral' Symphony)
Bizet - Carmen - Prelude to Act I
Beethoven - 'Emperor' Concerto - Allegro
Handel - For unto us a child is born (Messiah)
Edward Elgar - Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 (Land of Hope and Glory)
Debussey - Claire de Lune
Gustav Holst - The Planets

are all good.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 16:54   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh and also bocelli - time to say goodbye
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 16:59   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

JJ is so crap.
Only one wagner ? you heathen.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 17:02   #8
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

In fact, recommend all classical music with those biffers singing in ridiculously high pitched tones. One likes them. Violins are also pleasant. Oh, and Gregorian chant - now that's some scarey shit.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 17:09   #9
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

-Wagner: Die Walküre (The Valkyrie)
-Ravel: bolero and daphne and chloe
-Vivaldi: The Four Seasons (listen to them in order: spring/summer/fall/winter)
-chopin: Fantaisie Imprpmptu, Op. 66 / Waltz for piano in D flat major ("Minute"), Op. 64/1, CT 212
-Mendelssohn: A Midsummer Night's Dream
-Tchaikovsky: 1812 -- Festival Overture, for orchestra in E flat major, Op. 49 Finale/Nutcracker suite
-Rossini: William Tell Overture

There are way to many great composers to list but the above are some of my favorites.
Check out some others like:

Liszt, Greig, Brahms, Strauss, Handel, Bizet and of course the staples like Beethoven, Mozart and Bach
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 18:15   #10
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Tchaikovsky - romeo and juliet rocks, well in a clasical music rocking your socks off sense.

and then mostly what JJ said.

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 18:44   #11
JammyJim
Godfather

roadrunner asked me the same thing in a thread ages ago so i searched for it and just copy/pasted.

its basically my winamp 'classical relax' playlist.
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 19:35   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How the hell can you relax to that bit of Wagner?

Anyway,

Bach, JS

The Brandenburg Concertos
Concerto for Flute, Violin and Harpsichord in A Minor
The Goldberg Variations
Basically anything.

Beethoven, Luddy

Piano Concerto #5
The Ninth Symphony
Any of his piano sonatas. #14 is the most famous.

Bizet

Carmen.

Dvorak

Silhouettes, Op. 8
Cello Concerto in B Minor

I can't be bothered with this any more.

Mozart's Requiem Mass is amazingly good in places (although it was only partially written by mozart, as it was unfinished when he died), the dies irae being probably the most famous part. His 40th Symphony is good too, as are his operas (Don Giovanni especially).

Orff's Camina Burana, Rachmaninov's Piano Concertos, ditto Prokofiev, Shostakovich's general output (for all your 20th Century needs).

Lohengrin, Tannhäuser, Tristan und Isolde, Der Ring des Nibelungen and Parsifal from Wilhelm Richard Wagner.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 1 Sep 2005 at 20:20.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 20:08   #13
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

mrl knows the wagner, oh yes.
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 20:19   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
mrl knows the wagner, oh yes.
Lohengrin takes only slightly more time than 5 manning scholomance, as I found out this afternoon.

True story!
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 22:24   #15
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
Vivaldi - Gloria In Excelsis Deo
Handel - Zadok the Priest
J. S. Bach - Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring
Mozart - Lacrimosa (Requiem)
Bach - Gounod - Ave Maria
Allegri - Miserere Mei, Deus
Fauré - In Paradisum (Requiem)
Delibes - Flower Duet
Offenbach - Barcarolle (The Tales of Hoffman)
Fauré - Pavane
Puccini - O Mio Babbino Caro (Gianni(Schicchi)
Puccini - One Fine Day (Madame Butterfly)
Verdi - Chous of Heberw Slaves
Bizet - Temple Duet (The Pearl Fishers)
Verdi - Anvil Chorus
Puccini - Nessum Dorma (Turandot)
Orff - O Fortuna (Carmina Burana)
Verdi - Dies Irae (Requiem)
Handel - Hallelujah Chorus (Messiah)
Pachelbel - Canon
Vivaldi - Winter - The Four Seasons
Albinoni - Adagio
Beethoven - 'Pastoral' Symphony
Mozart - Clarinet Concerto
Elgar - Cello Concerto
Rachmaninov - Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
Rodrigo - Concerto de Aranjuez
Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake
Dvorák - 'New World' Symphony
Elgar - Nimrod
Beethoven - 'Moonlight' Sonata
Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto No. 2
Barber - Adagio
Mozart - 'Elvira Madigan' Piano Concerto
Tchaikovsky - Dance of the Reed Flutes
Mascagni - Intermezzo
Mendelssohn - Violin Concerto
Richard Straus - Sunrise (Also sprach Zarathustra)
Gustav Holst - Jupiter (The Planets)
J. S. Bach - Toccata in D minor
Vivaldi - The Four Seasons - 'Spring' (Allegro)
Mozart - Symphony No. 40 in G minor - Molto allegro
Beethoven - Symphony No. 5 in C Minor - Allegro con brio
Prokofiev - Montagues and Capulets (Romeo and Juliet)
Grieg - Piano Concerto in A Minor
Maurice Ravel - Bolero
Aaron Copland - Fanfare for the Common Man
Richard Wagner - The Ride of the Valkyries (Die Walkure)
Tchaikovsky - Piano Concerto No. 1 - Allegro non troppo
J. S. Bach - Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F - Allegro assai
Sergei Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto No. 3 - Allegro ma non tanto
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture
Beethoven - Ode to Joy ('Choral' Symphony)
Bizet - Carmen - Prelude to Act I
Beethoven - 'Emperor' Concerto - Allegro
Handel - For unto us a child is born (Messiah)
Edward Elgar - Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 (Land of Hope and Glory)
Debussey - Claire de Lune
Gustav Holst - The Planets

are all good.
F***ing show offf!
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 22:37   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
F***ing show offf!
With such obscure music as "The Planets Suite" and "Barber's Adagio for Strings" no less!
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 22:47   #17
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
With such obscure music as "The Planets Suite" and "Barber's Adagio for Strings" no less!
yeah i was gonna point out that the majority of his stuff was the more well known classical.
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 23:02   #18
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I personally really enjoy Strauss
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 00:20   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I personally really enjoy Strauss
He's only got an average of 32.87 - pretty good, but not inspired.