User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 23 Apr 2009, 17:45   #1
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all
General in game scan request feature.

I thought of this after reading Grog's post but as it was slightly different i didn't want to derail discussion on his post so made a new one. This could possibly have been suggested, i dunno.

Basically along the same idea but......

How about an in game scan request not based on alliances but more general? That way it would open it up to everybody (mostly new, possibly unallied players).

Maybe people could choose in their preferences whether they would receive requests from other planets to do scans (or possibly have to research this as a part of the waves tech tree? .....or something)

The co-ords would be hidden along with the results of the scan, just a success or unsuccessful notification. The planet that did it would get a resource bonus (basically get paid for it) and the one that requested it would get what they wanted too

That way you do away with the need for IRC and anybody else gathering intel from your request also because the scan details are all missing.

Last edited by r2baz; 30 Apr 2009 at 00:28.
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 00:47   #2
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: General in game scan request feature.

I dont think they need to get it for free, since they are not working to get the scans themselfs, perhaps some small resource/xp loss.
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 05:54   #3
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

make the requesting planet pay cost *1.5 or *2 and the actual scanning planet gets the xp for doing it? or can do something where the scanning planet gets a small amount of funds and the requester still overpays. would possibly have potential for abuse though.
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 18:23   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What would the scanning planet get out of it?
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 23:09   #5
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
What would the scanning planet get out of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2baz View Post
The planet that did it would get a resource bonus (basically get paid for it)
Sorry I thought this thread had disappeared into oblivion so sorry for not responding.

The planet would pay extra for the scan, for example a 5000 of each resource scan would cost 7000... (bear in mind this is to help people who are possibly unallied, new players not to punish them)

The scanning planet would get a resource bonus for doing the scan. So for doing a scan that cost, for arguments case, 5000 of each resource they would get maybe 10000 back or some variation of amounts. You could limit the number of scans per hour if you were worried about scanning planets "making too much" from this, although i would say good on them for doing it.

As for who would "pay" the scanning planet, i would say let the "galactic federation" pay it, ie nobody pays but the game recognizes it as a nice thing to do and encourage and rewards those that do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaejii
would possibly have potential for abuse though.
Not totally sure how, sorry :/ but then woudn't be surprised
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 23:13   #6
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with this is.. Theres 1000+ planets? all requesting scans? wouldnt it be a mess?

Plus if the scanner gets a resource bonus greater than the cost of the scan, wouldnt 1 scanner just do every scan he could?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 23:29   #7
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2baz View Post
....... You could limit the number of scans per hour if you were worried about scanning planets "making too much" from this, although i would say good on them for doing it.......
O.k, i did presume that most allied peeps would still approach their allied scanners first (because of the cost implication). This i supposed could be looked as a back up or for those that don't have access to an allied/galaxy scanner.

As for some scanners "just doing as many scans as they can" and reaping the benefits.. gotta say good on 'em. They have a legitimate way to 1) help the general community 2) make a bonus in the game to help them.

I suppose it could be a mess if 1000 planets all asked for a scan at the same time but i am not sure that would practically happen. Unless again....... you wanna limit the number of scan requests allowed to be made within an hour/day etc.