User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Sep 2003, 19:46   #1
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
The Darkness

After hearing radio-DJs go on about this group a lot this summer, yet never seem to play their songs, i thought i'd aquire their album, and after listening for a couple of days now, I have to say i'm impressed, (called "Permission to Land" btw).
The pitch of the singer's voice is a little worrying at first, but as a whole, i love the album, and reccomend that people listen to it....now!

Anyone else a fan?
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 19:47   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
It has been said they are becoming too mainstream, but I don't really mind.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 19:48   #3
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
their music is quite good, i saw them live at reading and some friends saw them live at download and they are stupidly cocky bastards and totally up themselves.

To summarise: good music, ****e people.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 20:14   #4
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Add
their music is quite good, i saw them live at reading and some friends saw them live at download and they are stupidly cocky bastards and totally up themselves.

To summarise: good music, ****e people.

muse, but better!
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 21:18   #5
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Darkness

Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
After hearing radio-DJs go on about this group a lot this summer, yet never seem to play their songs, i thought i'd aquire their album, and after listening for a couple of days now, I have to say i'm impressed, (called "Permission to Land" btw).
The pitch of the singer's voice is a little worrying at first, but as a whole, i love the album, and reccomend that people listen to it....now!

Anyone else a fan?
could you recommend any of their songs wich are especially good?

Quote:
muse, but better!
Can't be :O
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 21:35   #6
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Clearly they are nothing like Muse ffs,

anyway

-Growing On Me-

-I Believe In A Thing Called Love-

and they do a hilarious version of Radioheads -Street Spirit-
if you can find it...
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 21:38   #7
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
get your hands off of my woman mother ****er
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 21:42   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Jacko owns all you faggots.

Owns because he bought the property rights off your parents. AHAHAHA
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 00:52   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Street Spirit cover is odd...

[edit]

Although it misses out the 'Immerse your soul in love's, which spoils the song a bit.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 19 Sep 2003 at 01:03.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 01:47   #10
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Friday night and Love On The Rocks With No Ice are my favs
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 02:37   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Point 1: "How can the band be becoming mainstream (as LHC suggests) if they only have released one album and that was only done a short time ago?"

Point 2: "The Darkness" are ****. I really dont like their music. Their videos are a bunch of wank. The way the band act is gay. Anybody who likes them are raving homos.

Point 3: YER MAW!
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 02:58   #12
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
I love "Givin' Up"
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 06:40   #13
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
they are queen but updated
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 17:52   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
they are a pretty decent band being horribly horribly horribly horribly overrated by people who should know better.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 19:18   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
they were really good until everyone knew about them. (like Ali G)

people over 30 know all about them it worries me... NORMAL people over 30 i mean, its horrid.

anyway, it could just be around the time they became mainstream i had heard their songs enough times to make me like them slightly less.
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 19:57   #16
Bobzeh
Sheep Lover

Bobzeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Catchy yet dull. "Growing On Me" grew on me, rotted there and finally fell off. Most things "The Darkness" now make me wish to hurl :\
Bobzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 22:25   #17
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
Darkness called... But I was on the phone, so I missed it. I tried to star-69 Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled 'PICK UP THE PHONE, DARKNESS!', but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls.
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 23:36   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Demon blood is thicker than... regular... blood.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 23:52   #19
OneColourRed

OneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the rough
prefer iron maiden myself
OneColourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 00:46   #20
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deepflow
they were really good until everyone knew about them. (like Ali G)

people over 30 know all about them it worries me... NORMAL people over 30 i mean, its horrid.

anyway, it could just be around the time they became mainstream i had heard their songs enough times to make me like them slightly less.
err

if i managed to move off the popular = **** bandwagon, you should too

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 01:46   #21
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
I quote this from the last thread I saw about The Darkness

Quote:
Oh ****, thank god you introduced me to them because I hadn't heard of The Darkness before. Nope, not every day for the last 6 months! And nobody here is going about singing things in high pitched voice thinking it's ****ing hilarious. And every metal band is not being stereotyped to be exactly like The Darkness except less fun. And they didn't sell out the biggest non-stadium venue in Scotland in 4 days after just one album. Man, I thought all you guys talked about in here was mainstream bands like Thursday and A Perfect Circle, but thank god someone is giving the little guys who really need the promotion some attention.

PS. I ****ING HATE THE DARKNESS AND THE BRITISH PRESS AND THE BRITISH MUSIC BUYING PUBLIC FOR MAKING THIS ****TY GIMMICK BAND MILLIONAIRES AFTER ONE ALBUM.

Remember to think happy thoughts
I Am Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 01:52   #22
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
err

if i managed to move off the popular = **** bandwagon, you should too
i never said they were ****... i still lissten to the album...

it just pisses me off when people say "have you heard about the darkness" when i tell thim i like rock music. I like a lot of popular bands, the darkness are just the most popular right now. Also, this does mean those going to a darkness gig would be a bit crappy. such as when my brother went to a coldplay gig earlier this year he said it was apparently ruined by all the crappy business people 30 somethings he was around... who complained when he and his mate stood up...

****ing tards.

popular != bad

popular PISSES ME OFF