User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Feb 2003, 02:12   #1
Flik

Flik is infamous around these partsFlik is infamous around these partsFlik is infamous around these parts
Sword Of Truth

If you have read any of the 7 books to this serius, than you will agree, it is no doubt the best book you probably have read, ive read the first book (Wizards First Rule) and im on the second (Stone Of Tears).

i want your imput, and your questions

so post away, and have fune

The only soverien you can allow to rule you is reason.
Deserve victory.
Flik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 06:53   #2
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
First few are good. After that, you say to yourself "How many times can you tell the same story OVER and OVER and OVER?"
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 08:01   #3
Linea
Better then you.

Linea is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats the story? Whats the series about?
Linea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 18:19   #4
Taim

I actually found this series one of the best i'd read.

Sure it has the same elements as new things oocur, but it is different and immensly enjoyable.

You find yourself immursed in the world with Richard and it's hard to get out of it

Strifeh
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 18:21   #5
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
First few are good. After that, you say to yourself "How many times can you tell the same story OVER and OVER and OVER?"
I agree, however it's all good stuff.

Can't wait for the eighth one myself, I think he's getting close to a final big battle.
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 18:33   #6
Lord Boredom

yeah.. it's quality trash...

I've read the first three.. and then the fifth..

should really read the fourth
.. and the rest too

actually I'm going to do that... haven't read em in ages. Time to re-read.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:15   #7
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold
I recently read the 3d one..I was quite dissapointed actually :-/ ..the first 2 were far better..going to order the next books soon..

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
thats also true though...after reading number 3 i had the feeling that it was just the same story as the other 2 just with other names

<geek>
zedd r0x
</geek>
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 09:24   #8
Ryon
Soldier

Ryon is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know how many times I can actually argue this but I must intercede somewhere... The only 7+ book series actually worth reading(well I think all books are worth a read cause I love to read but anyways) is the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Everybook in the series is completely different then the last. Different elements each time, and everybook leads to the next fluidly. Its like watching a big ass movie. I recommend this series over any other out there.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 10:03   #9
Ahura

I totally agree with Ryon, have somebody read both WoT and Sword of Truth. Cause is the sword of truth is half as good as WoT, I consider reading it.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 10:18   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
they are both good series' but different, WoT is possibly the more rounded, with bigger plots and more characters, but there is something to be said for SoT with its focus on a couple of main characters
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 10:54   #11
Ahura

Sounds good, I think I'm going to give it a try!
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 12:03   #12
Thiebold Axeslammer
National Village Idiot

Thiebold Axeslammer is an unknown quantity at this point
I have 'm all (SoT and WoT) and I'm really looking forward to reading the newest edition from one of those series \0/

....and it isn't WoT (although I'll buy and read it anyway).

Oh, and in case you're reading mister Goodkind : bring back Gratch ffs !
Thiebold Axeslammer is offline   Reply With Quote