User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Mar 2005, 00:35   #51
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice
Re: What if you'd die...

official GD id cards in our wallets instructing people who found it to log on GD and tell everybody that we died in a car accident - or some shit

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 00:45   #52
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: What if you'd die...

I thought about this quite often as well -- not for GD, but for a ICQ friends that I haven't really met that often...

I had the idea of a triggered auto-notifier as well. Also with the release of a world-destroying virus + love-notices to my secret love of my life + hate-messages to everyone I hate and so on.
And if I didn't un-trigger it once a year, it would go off.

And then I pictured a situation where I was in hospital, the countdown to this trigger running out in an hour, and I had to get myself to reset it before it would destroy my life so that I'd have to live somewhere else.

I really liked the idea, but in the end I was too lazy and scared to go through with it.

So, keeping in mind there are MANY things that would unsatisfy me in case of death -- stuff my parents don't know but maybe should, and unpublished sourcecodes on my computer that might be the next centuries breakthrough years after m death -- no, noone would come to GD and post about it. But I'm more of a reader than poster anyway...
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 00:46   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm sending MM my rotting corpse when I die so I imagine you'll all find out that way.
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 07:47   #54
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'm sending MM my rotting corpse when I die so I imagine you'll all find out that way.
You mean you don't vanish a la jedi?
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 09:08   #55
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

The news of my death, delivered via KoeN, to him from Gilgalad and ROCK, would trigger a three day celebration. Who am I to stop the party?
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 13:50   #56
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

This reminds me that I should write my will down, and ofcourse some general layout of how I want my funeral to be.

And yes Dante, ofcourse The Internasional is going to be played
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 14:17   #57
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
This reminds me that I should write my will down, and ofcourse some general layout of how I want my funeral to be.

And yes Dante, ofcourse The Internasional is going to be played
I told my mother how I wanted my funeral and she said if she was still alive when I died she wouldn't allow it
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 14:26   #58
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
I told my mother how I wanted my funeral and she said if she was still alive when I died she wouldn't allow it
I told them they should just put me in a hole in the ground in the back yard.
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 16:12   #59
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
I told them they should just put me in a hole in the ground in the back yard.

My wishes started off badly when I said I wanted everything that could be used to be taken for organ donation and then for scientific research. My mother wasn't too happy about this as she has some weird beliefs on this area (She would donate a kidney while alive but if she dies with both left she won't donate one, wtf?) and asked why I would force her to do something she didn't think was right. But I pointed out that if she died she would expect me to leave her intact which is against my beliefs which seemed to satisfy her though it may have been to shut me up.

It just got worse though when I said I wanted the rest of me just fed to some animals if allowed and for the music at my funeral to be "HaHa Your Dead" and "Highway to Hell".
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 16:29   #60
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
... would you like your friends or family notify GD of your passing away?
It's been crossing my mind lately (read: the past few minutes), and I'd like them to. Else you lot might all wonder why I won't be visiting GD anymore. And I'd feel all bad and stuff to leave you all behind in such uncertainty.
Hmm, I would certainly want to notify a few people here. If a person you interacted with just vanishes off the face of the earth, I think thats worthy news. But I grew to not trust "inet" given info especially from people I have not met in RL. A specific reason is that there was this guy that currently plays the game that this forums originated from, and a while back it was relayed to the community that he was dead. Funny thing is he shows up recently (publically) and it turns out he was not dead. Maybe if a person had a list of people they wanted private mailed in the event of a death etc. i think thats cool. But things like public threads, etc, I probably wouldn't go that route.
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 16:31   #61
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

nitina?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 16:49   #62
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

People would be having a party if I did.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 17:22   #63
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
And no, nobody would post here saying Im dead, dont think anyone of my friends/family really knows Im posting here.
Besides, Im obviously not a part of the gang, heh.
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 17:25   #64
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
People would be having a party if I did.
We sure would LOL.
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 17:55   #65
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
No he has to burned on a pire a la Jedi.
But what about Ben?
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 18:10   #66
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i dunno, my family and my housemates all know i use this forum and im sure they could find it, however, i don't think it would be high on their list of priorities after i died.
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 18:14   #67
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

I suspect Mark might mention it if I passed away, much as I would prbably make some comment were he to die.

Of course, if we both die it may prove more difficult, but our housemates know of this place. Assuming they dont die too in some kind of horrible house based incident.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 19:29   #68
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: What if you'd die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
That's awfully generous, but if I had to have sex with the rotting corpse of anyone here then it would have to be either Stew's or Madi's.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 19:50   #69
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
We sure would LOL.
Thanks. Really good to know you're not a robot.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 20:01   #70
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Thank god both my parents are communists, so atleast I hope my wish for song(s) are respected (this is ofc on the basis that my parents out-live me)

edit: Thank god is just a expression
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 21:14   #71
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
That's awfully generous, but if I had to have sex with the rotting corpse of anyone here then it would have to be either Stew's or Madi's.
i suppose i should be relieved that you didn't mention me.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote