User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Dec 2003, 17:55   #1
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
LOTR - Return Of The King

Just got in from seeing it, i left at 10:30 this morning, tis very long,

So whos seen it what did you think??

Last edited by nickhall; 17 Dec 2003 at 20:32.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 18:22   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: LOTR - Return Of The King

They will post here tomorrow when its finished, having started in March.

For that reason it sucks, and I won't be seeing it.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 18:23   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lol a film's long therefore it sucks
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 18:33   #4
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

is it good or not though?

i knew how long it was already.

PS: telling me there will be elves involved will be similarly unhelpful
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 19:54   #5
nickhall
Naked & Profane

yes it is very good and doesn't feel like its 3 1/4 hrs long at all

If you liked the others go and see it.
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 19:59   #6
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: LOTR - Return Of The King

I'm seeing it in a couple of hours.

I've heard that Frodo keeps the ring!

Maybe Peter Jackson is setting up a sequel. :lol:

:Frodo:
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:04   #7
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

i didn't like it at all, and didn't liek the other two. but i went becuase my friends wanted to! i thought it was tedious and boring, with the most irritating ending ever (because i kept thinking "yes it's finished!" only to be dealt a cruel blow). in the majority of the film nothing was happening, and the onyl worthwhile part was the battle and that wasn't amazing.

i don't like it, but i'm sure people will be like omgwtf it's an excellent story you are a twat and have a bad imagination. well i don't care, i don't like it and think the storyline is rubbish and i hope i never have to sit through and watch any of them ever again.
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:06   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That's your choice of course, but then you're gay lolzhahahahaolololo
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:12   #9
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

i shouldn't quick post so often. i have FOUND them

:Gimli:
>- |-o

"LOOK AT ME KILL PETER JACKSON! Hey perhaps it's time for another joke about being short?"
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:21   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Mmmmm saw it this morning.
I thought it was very good, the best of the three.

I liked:
The scenery - it was exactly how I'd imagined it.
The scene where Pippin stabs thingy Angor (I forget his name) and Eowyn kills him. That was how I imagined it.
The fights - I was worried it'd be just the same as Helm's Deep, but it was not even similar.
How the story kept very close. They kept all the bits I was worried they might chop, which I loved. The end I was a bit disappointed with, as the hobbits didn't go back to the Shire, but oh well.
That they didn't try too much with the comedy on Pippin and Merry again. Gimli made a few jokes, but they were not many, and were funny.

I didn't like:
The lack of concentration on Faramir and Denethor. They brushed over these two very important characters.
The end. The hobbits should have gone back to the Shire and faced "Sharky" at the end, not have a long drawn out thing with Sam getting married and Bilbo getting on a boat.
The Arwen thing. So boring.
The lack of Saruman!

I don't understand something though. When they light the fires of Gondor, check where all those fires are. On the tops of deserted random mountains, miles in between each other. And no huts or settlements around them. WHO HAS THE SUCKY JOB OF SITTING THERE DAY AFTER DAY JUST WAITING FOR THE PREVIOUS FIRE TO BE LIT?

Worst. Job. Ever.
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:31   #11
nickhall
Naked & Profane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Mmmmm saw it this morning.
I thought it was very good, the best of the three. << yes very much so

I liked:
The scenery - it was exactly how I'd imagined it. << was very good yes, but has been in all the films, but some things in this one were amazing (the city where aragon is crowned - forgot its name)
The scene where Pippin stabs thingy Angor (I forget his name) and Eowyn kills him. That was how I imagined it. << never read the books (i do intend to now tho) so i dont know about that i just thought her line was far too cheesy
The fights - I was worried it'd be just the same as Helm's Deep, but it was not even similar. <<< yes (but undead should have had more of a part in the fights - as in what you saw)
How the story kept very close. They kept all the bits I was worried they might chop, which I loved <<< The story was good but i believe they missed some kinda important bits out (dunno really tho).
The end I was a bit disappointed with, as the hobbits didn't go back to the Shire (in the book is that??? they do in the film), but oh well.
That they didn't try too much with the comedy on Pippin and Merry again. Gimli made a few jokes, but they were not many, and were funny. << guess so

I didn't like:
The lack of concentration on Faramir and Denethor. They brushed over these two very important characters.
The end. The hobbits should have gone back to the Shire and faced "Sharky" (i guessing thats in the book) at the end, not have a long drawn out thing with Sam getting married and Bilbo getting on a boat. (ah explains above a bit) << i dont agree totally no sam shouldn't have got married was just daft, bilbo should have just been left out, but Frodo had to leave imo.
The Arwen thing. So boring. << ?? which bit?? i didnt think any of it was boring at all,
The lack of Saruman! << one of the kinda important missing bits.

I don't understand something though. When they light the fires of Gondor, check where all those fires are. On the tops of deserted random mountains, miles in between each other. And no huts or settlements around them. WHO HAS THE SUCKY JOB OF SITTING THERE DAY AFTER DAY JUST WAITING FOR THE PREVIOUS FIRE TO BE LIT?

Worst. Job. Ever.<<< i thought that too
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:46   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I don't understand something though. When they light the fires of Gondor, check where all those fires are. On the tops of deserted random mountains, miles in between each other. And no huts or settlements around them.
Well, if they build the signal beacons in the valleys, where the people live, then hardly anyone could see them.
Quote:
WHO HAS THE SUCKY JOB OF SITTING THERE DAY AFTER DAY JUST WAITING FOR THE PREVIOUS FIRE TO BE LIT?
That's why every army has Privates.
Quote:
Worst. Job. Ever.
Nah, there's latrine detail.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:48   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Full Metal Hobbit?
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:57   #14
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

arwen and aragorn love story is awful awful awful
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 20:59   #15
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Full Metal Hobbit?
I'm thinking more along the lines of Saving Private Baggins.
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 21:02   #16
nickhall
Naked & Profane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
arwen and aragorn love story is awful awful awful
what love story!!! it was built up so much for him to turn around and just say 'i cannot give you what you want'
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 21:07   #17
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

good movie - actually ****ing awesome movie

however - there were a lot of camp scenes and i was almost certain they were going to have a gay orgy at the end.

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 21:09   #18
nickhall
Naked & Profane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
good movie - actually ****ing awesome movie

Zar
yes it was amazing movie

i just got asked to go and see it again! << and would have gone if i didnt have work to do. edit: that smile doesnt look overly sad wiv a santa hat on!
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 22:47   #19
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I thought it was perfect - except for the ending have been dragged on.

Totally beats the shit out of matrix.

LOTR: ROTK > Matrix
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2003, 23:14   #20
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

i just cannot see what was so ace about this movie. can somebody please tell me how they found it interesting? thnx ta
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 00:03   #21
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

can't be worse then the first 2*

*doesn't mean i have seen them
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 00:17   #22
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was a great film, except the ending, which they could have compressed into 10 minutes (or less) and kept the saruman scenes in.
But then again that would give people no reason to arrange an overdraft for the special extended umpteen-dvd collector's edition, would it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
however - there were a lot of camp scenes and i was almost certain they were going to have a gay orgy at the end.
Yeah, i know what you mean. I was almost convinced Frodo and Sam were going to go into a full on kiss at the end...
:Legolas:

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 01:19   #23
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom
I thought it was a great film, except the ending, which they could have compressed into 10 minutes (or less) and kept the saruman scenes in.
But then again that would give people no reason to arrange an overdraft for the special extended umpteen-dvd collector's edition, would it?

Yeah, i know what you mean. I was almost convinced Frodo and Sam were going to go into a full on kiss at the end...
:Legolas:
in agreement too (looking back over it) - and then they spoil the camp theory with Sam having a wife, but he might be bisexual.

isn't Golem btw asexual? as in "sexless". interesting film, they explored man in many ways. Heteros, gays, bi's and even asexuals.

that's why it's interesting Bloomers. :smith:
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 02:11   #24
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Transsexuals i think is more accurate
remember, Gollum used to be a man!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 02:57   #25
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

compared to all the othercrap that came out in the last moth this movie was pure brilliance.
(but, for some strange reaon i didnt like the end, although it was pretty much like in the book, except for the saruman-part)
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 05:17   #26
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

I was gonna go see it tonight...but it's sold out till next week

:Aragorn:
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 06:15   #27
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomers III
i just cannot see what was so ace about this movie. can somebody please tell me how they found it interesting? thnx ta
Obviously you're not a Tolkien fan, so you shouldn't have expected to have liked it. I mean, I'm sure the Harry Potter movies are great but I'm not a fan, so I try to avoid them.

I thought it was great, haven't read the books since like middle school so a few things did surprise me, and there was more than a few 'whoa' moments during the battles. I do wish he had just picked an ending and stuck with it tho, even having been forewarned of the false endings by a review I still kept expecting credits to start rolling.

Anyone know if the Sharkey ending will be on the extended DVD?

:Gandalf: :Gimli: :Legolas:

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 09:13   #28
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough

Utterly utterly outstanding movie, spoiled by the geeky fans who STILL demand it to be more like the book.

Which deeply saddens me.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 10:35   #29
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

I really enjoyed it. Just wish they'd put a break in there somewhere so one can nip to the lil girls / boys room without missing parts of the film, there is only so long one can "hold on" for!
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 10:38   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't really care that much if it's more/less like the book. It's just that some of the bits where Peter Jackson did stray from the book, he made it worse. There was no need to change Saruman's character (or role in general) for instance.

Some of the changes I understand, and some were very necessary. Others less so.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 11:26   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh my god so good. When those dudes ride over the hill down to Minas Tirith it's like ****ing :cool:
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 14:16   #32
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Lady
I really enjoyed it. Just wish they'd put a break in there somewhere so one can nip to the lil girls / boys room without missing parts of the film, there is only so long one can "hold on" for!

We had an intermission for 10 mins or so
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 14:35   #33
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
We had an intermission for 10 mins or so

Oohh that's SO not fair, they told us when we got our parking ticket stamped ( for free parking) that there would be a break, but did it happen? NO!
Half the audience nearly died from burst bladders!!

And was it me or did Legolas ( the only reason to watch the films, droooool! ) not speak much?
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 14:43   #34
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Insane. Badger can only hope to improve

Quote:
And was it me or did Legolas ( the only reason to watch the films, droooool! ) not speak much?
sounds like it could be the best one yet then, personally i was hoping legolas would fall off the wall at Helms Deep but
I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin
Insane. Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 15:59   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot951
Anyone know if the Sharkey ending will be on the extended DVD?
They never shot it.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 16:01   #36
Tomkat

Quote:

The cinema all clapped when he finished doing that elephant thing.

I didn't. I don't like Legolas. Everyone else did though.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 16:04   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
The cinema all clapped when he finished doing that elephant thing.

I didn't. I don't like Legolas. Everyone else did though.
Orlando Bloom has got into the habit of being a pansy swordsman.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 17:12   #38
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

The battles were sooo much better than Helm's deep, and the rest of the movie was ~perfect.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 18:43   #39
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

I thought the ending was weak and fragmented; but the rest was pretty good.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 18:53   #40
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold

Yes, the ending definately dragged on for way to long. And at each of those scenes in though "And now its finished" and then I found out it wasnt ((((...
Apart from the way they cut the whole "shire + Saruman thingie" I think they stuck to the book very well ..
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 18:57   #41
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by SepH
Apart from the way they cut the whole "shire + Saruman thingie" I think they stuck to the book very well ..
that would have required yet another hour and it would not have fit in. i think the end was already long enough.
for the book everything is fine, but in the movie it didnt look right.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 19:06   #42
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Insane. Badger can only hope to improve

Quote:
I don't like Legolas.
Finally, another sane person \o/

I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin
Insane. Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 19:58   #43
cheekybru
Synaptidian

cheekybru is an unknown quantity at this point

Omg, gotta go down as my favirotte film ever, Simply had me breathless at someparts, like no other film ever has, Outstanding, Brilliant.

But...I did think the gay scenes at the end were going to happen too :P lol

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<Zeus> Cheek is 1337 <-- maybe?
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
cheekybru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:02   #44
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekybru
Omg, gotta go down as my favirotte film ever, Simply had me breathless at someparts, like no other film ever has, Outstanding, Brilliant.

But...I did think the gay scenes at the end were going to happen too :P lol
i got the same gay vibe while reading the book though. important thing is that it didn't feel sexual (to me), so that's about as good as can be done.

as the love men can have for one another is a major theme in the books, you know you will always be walking a thin line...
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 01:59   #45
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

That film was fantastico.

Shelob was sufficiently nightmarish, and the Mūmakil kicked ass.

The battle for Osgiliath was a bit oddly handled I thought, but the siege at Minas Tirith was absolutely the best battle in the trilogy by miles.

And the Witch King of Angmar Nazgūl bloke got his ass kicked by a girl. HAH!

Last edited by sayonara; 19 Dec 2003 at 09:59.
sayonara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 06:28   #46
nickhall
Naked & Profane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
That film was fantastico.

Shelob was sufficiently nightmarish, and the Mūmukil kicked ass.
oh yes that was very well done most of the cgi characters where but some of the 'blue screen' was quite poor i thought, and you could tell many times in the film that the hobbits were played by taller people which i dont think you could before.

Quote:
The battle for Osgiliath was a bit oddly handled I thought, but the siege at Minas Tirith was absolutely the best battle in the trilogy by miles.

Quote:
And the Witch King of Angmar Nazgūl bloke got his ass kicked by a girl. HAH!
Bah stupid scene - an undefetable creature killed with two blows but she gets hit twice with a mace (once on the head) about 1/2 her size and gets up to kill him, wtf no no no!!!! and it was just so cheesy - so wrong.
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 09:15   #47
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough

I got shown this

/o\
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 09:24   #48
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMighty

omg, new Converge \o/
[/offtopic]
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 10:01   #49
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhall
oh yes that was very well done most of the cgi characters where but some of the 'blue screen' was quite poor i thought, and you could tell many times in the film that the hobbits were played by taller people which i dont think you could before.
That's true, a lot of the compositing with little folk in the shot looked really hastily done. Even Gollum looked a bit poo in his first scene with Frodo and Sam. Still kicked ass though - I'm going to go see that again!
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 18:59   #50
wu_trax

i just read that there is more than 1 hour of the movie missing. Saruman for example is supposed to die at the beginning of the movie, but it was just cut out.
i want the extended version