User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 04:44   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
how fast are you?

Your Internet Connection
Speed Results

File Size: 600.005 KB
Time Elapsed: 3.547 seconds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Speed: 1.322 Mbps
(169.16 KBps)

http://promos.mcafee.com/speedometer/test_0600.asp
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 05:01   #2
zek132

zek132 is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, nice show off. Good Bye now
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 05:06   #3
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by zek132
yes, nice show off. Good Bye now
lol, I know most(if not all) European broadbanders will make me look silly with their big fat cable lines
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 05:08   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I would love to take this test, but it would be pointless now, as im downloading too much (And no, im not stopping my momentum for a test )

It's not showing off, it's e-penis comparison! Stupid newbies, when will they learn?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 08:49   #5
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
142.96 Kbps
(17.87 KBps)

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 09:21   #6
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
431.04 Kbps
(53.88 KBps)

which is considerably less than what i (i mean someone else) pay(s) for.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 10:09   #7
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
phwoar look how little my e-penis is

Time Elapsed: 196.297 seconds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24.48 Kbps
(3.06 KBps)

bet you cant get slower gnnnnrrrnrrrr

it thought i had a 28.8k modem Fs its a 56k
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 10:13   #8
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice
Time Elapsed: 11.596 seconds

413.92 Kbps
(51.74 KBps)

And i'm at work.

My little bandwith metre kind of thingy says 100KB/s

Liars?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 10:25   #9
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Time Elapsed: 80.996 seconds

59.28 Kbps
(7.41 KBps)

This is why I don't enjoy slacking off at work as much as I should, I need a better connection to better enjoy my laziness.

Remember to think happy thoughts
I Am Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 10:26   #10
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
You know your connection is great when the page doesn't even load.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 10:31   #11
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold
Time Elapsed: 15.11 seconds

317.68 Kbps
(39.71 KBps)

----------

my brother who is on the server got:

Time Elapsed: 7.359 seconds

652.24 Kbps
(81.53 KBps)
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 10:40   #12
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
File Size: 150.005 KB
Time Elapsed: 0.616 seconds

Your Speed - 1946.36 Kbps
(243.29 KBps)

Apparently the home connection is equilivent of a T2 network. Sweet.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 10:58   #13
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Time Elapsed: 127.43 seconds

37.68 Kbps
(4.71 KBps)

Hate my crappy connection :/
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:00   #14
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Time Elapsed: 8.609 seconds

557.6 Kbps
(69.7 KBps)

:\
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:10   #15
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
768.16 Kbps
(96.02 KBps)

Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:14   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
735.28 Kbps
(91.91 KBps)
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:16   #17
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
675.0 KBps

But of course, they'd normally be faster but this Blaster worm has hit the .net hard

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:21   #18
Mong
Forever Delayed

This test on ADSL Guide is much better imo

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:21   #19
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
38.4 Kbps
(4.8 KBps)

Most of these sites show me higher though. Stupid nonstandard site. ;-)
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:39   #20
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
This test on ADSL Guide is much better imo

M.
Code:
Direction      Actual Speed                   True Speed (estimated)
Downstream     1385 Kbps (173.1 KB/sec)       1495 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream       118 Kbps (14.8 KB/sec)         127 Kbps (inc. overheads)
I concur
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:43   #21
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
What a letdown, I thought this was going to be a dickmeasuring contest about how fast a car you drive :/

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:47   #22
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
What a letdown, I thought this was going to be a dickmeasuring contest about how fast a car you drive :/
I'm about 7 inches, but my car only tops at about 115mph.

I drive safely in residental areas.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:53   #23
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

M.
95mph + peugeot105_1.1l = scary
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 11:53   #24
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:

M.
My car is faster, but my dick is shorter. Call it a draw?

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 14:05   #25
Anu
Kontrè*******

Anu is infamous around these parts
My car is slow, but i sure got a better internetconnection than you!

Downloaded 884536 Bytes
in 0.581 seconds.

Speed: 12179 kbit/s.

http://hot.ee/speedtest/
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 15:07   #26
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Your speed 4697.506 Kbps (587.188 Kb/sec)

Unread 14 Aug 2003, 18:22   #27
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Code:
Direction   Actual Speed                  True Speed (estimated)
Downstream 1881 Kbps (235.1 KB/sec) 2031 Kbps (inc. overheads) 
Upstream   514 Kbps (64.3 KB/sec)     555 Kbps (inc. overheads)
The other one told me i had 241.92 Kbps (30.24 KBps). I know what test i want to belive!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 18:58   #28
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
im working in a federal bulding
check this out
Time Elapsed: 0.03 seconds

156.251 Mbps
(19.531 MBps)

HOW ABOUT THAT?
GOOD FOR A POOR BRAZILIAN DUDE EH?
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 19:22   #29
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
its cos youre on the only computer in brazil **** munch
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 19:25   #30
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point

no, it isnt true
=(
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 19:26   #31
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
28.8 Kbps
(3.6 KBps)

WINNAR!
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 19:32   #32
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
28.16 Kbps
(3.52 KBps)

:(((

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 19:54   #33
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
370.16 Kbps
(46.27 KBps)
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 19:57   #34
Peace
angel

Peace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of light
Time Elapsed: 0.03 seconds

156.251 Mbps
(19.531 MBps)
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2003, 23:20   #35
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
File Size:

600.005 KB
Time Elapsed:
174.781 seconds

27.44 Kbps
(3.43 KBps)

and from the adsl guide thingy

Direction Actual Speed True Speed (estimated)
Downstream 27 Kbps (3.4 KB/sec) 39 Kbps (4.9 KB/sec)
Upstream 29 Kbps (inc. overheads) 42 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 00:07   #36
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
File Size: 150.005 KB
Time Elapsed: 1.042 seconds
1.125 Mbps
(143.96 KBps)

Code:
Direction          Actual Speed                True Speed (estimated)

Downstream         985 Kbps (123.1 KB/sec)     1063 Kbps (inc. overheads) 
Upstream           238 Kbps (29.8 KB/sec)      257 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 00:12   #37
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Time Elapsed: 5.093 seconds

942.48 Kbps
(117.81 KBps)
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 09:31   #38
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Slightly better, but still too slow from home

Time Elapsed: 8.68 seconds

552.96 Kbps
(69.12 KBps)

Remember to think happy thoughts
I Am Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 10:16   #39
BarbieKen

966.96 Kbps
(120.87 KBps)