User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Jan 2003, 06:52   #1
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Favorite Song in a game

Just downloaded the son "As from good"(i still think it's calles "As heaven is wide").

Atleast this songs the reason that i'm a Garbage fan. I would just like to know what's your ppl fav songs that's played in games. Or if there's a band you've loved after hearing one of their songs in a game.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 06:55   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
It is "As Heaven is Wide" isnt it?! Never heard that other name for it.
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 07:36   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
xenon 2 megablast - bomb the bass
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 07:46   #4
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough
the theme on Soulblade, the ps1 game

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 08:46   #5
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold
Hell march 2 - red alert 2..
its actually just a song made by the creators of the game, but it absolutely rocks. (to me at least)

Last edited by SepH; 18 Jan 2003 at 08:59.
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 08:55   #6
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Darude - Sandstorm

From DDR

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 09:34   #7
Intervention
In fond memory of SB

Intervention is an unknown quantity at this point
Winner:
Final Fantasy VIII - Eyes On Me

Runner up:
GTA - Taxi Drivers Must Die

Iny my books, anyway.

--------------
My Artwork
Intervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 09:39   #8
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
GTA (original) - Joyride
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 10:30   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Intervention
Winner:
Final Fantasy VIII - Eyes On Me
probably.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 10:37   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Personally, I'd agree with Supernova9 and go for Joyride from GTA1.

Although Bob Bergthold & Debbie Seibert - "Girl in the Tower" from King's Quest VI deserves a mention.
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 10:41   #11
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Carmageddon II : Carpocalypse Now had Iron Maiden.

LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 10:53   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
the soulblade one rocks (ps1)
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 11:58   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You muppets

Red Alert - Hell March

UNDEFEATED CHAMPION OF ALL INGAME MUSIC

although joyride from gta is also rather ace.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 13:37   #14
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
what about return fire on the ps1, fantastic classical music that fitted in so well with the game itself
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 13:50   #15
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Nobuo Uematsu - "Otherworld"

it's the tune on FFx about 10 - 15 mintues in to the game where Tidus is playing blitzball, and the when you fight Braskas Aeon (Jecht) at the end
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 13:51   #16
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Also, a lot of the C&C tunes are pretty cool, and a few of the tracks on GTA: Vice City (Slayer, and Electric Light Orchestra - 4 little diamonds)

and

Lemmings.
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 13:52   #17
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
They were asking for songs, not music. Muppet.
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 13:55   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Not a song as such, but the music from Ken's background in SF2 Turbo utterly roxored boxoxrs, etc.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 14:54   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Oh, the cardigans - my favourite game gets a mention ofc

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 15:19   #20
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
There are loads of good tunes in games. Its easy to come up with one from Gran Turismo one or a gta since a lot of them were pretty popular songs in thier day.

I'm gonna say Faye Wong - Eyes on me though (ff8)

Pure heart from ff7 (aerith theme) was pretty good too. Also if anyones ever heard it - the orchestrated version of The man with the machine gun (Lagunas theme and the one in his battles) is a pretty good tune.
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 15:49   #21
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
You muppets

Red Alert - Hell March

although joyride from gta is also rather ace.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2003, 16:23   #22
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
GTA (original) - Joyride
also GTA3, heh (and one of my nominations)

other contenders include:

Iron Maiden:Two Minutes To Midnight (VC)
Michael Jackson:Bille Jean (also VC)
Someone (but not Slade):Cum on feel the noise (guess...)

Kraftwerk:Electronic Go-go(GTA3)

all the good music is on these two games, I'm sorry. Except for any Star Wars game with the Imperial March on it...
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 11:20   #23
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough
Liberi fatali from FF8
or
LAst Battle form RE:Nemesis

or if you want to **** yerself, The BGM from Eternal Darkness when your Sanity Meter hits 0% - trust me on this one, make sure you have strong bowell controll
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 11:28   #24
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Nine Inch Nails frontman, that made the Quake theme forgot his name dont want to look it up, hey its trent reznor just tought about it ;-)
Spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 11:35   #25
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
eyes on me

most ff's are all good
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 11:55   #26
Monkeypimp
Banned

Monkeypimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Hell March from Red Alert

Thats the song I played when I sent my billions of heavy tanks into the allied base for the first time on level 14 \o/
Monkeypimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 12:30   #27
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Incoming! (drum and bass remix) from the game Incoming is pretty good.

Hell March still wins though.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 13:33   #28
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Spearhead
Nine Inch Nails frontman, that made the Quake theme forgot his name dont want to look it up, hey its trent reznor just tought about it ;-)
He's doing the soundtrack for Doom III.
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 14:31   #29
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Total Annihilation had a fantastically apt soundtrack, It's sitting in my "calming" playlist on winamp as I type.

/me reinstalls TA.

I love this game.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 14:41   #30
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I'm a mechanical, I'm a mechanical, I'm a mechanical man
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 14:45   #31
ArchNosbod

ArchNosbod is an unknown quantity at this point
The prelude theme in the FF series is good