User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Dec 2002, 23:40   #1
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
So what do you expect from 2003?

Movie wise, games wise, politics wise, war wise and peace wise?
What are your great or minor expectations for 2003?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 23:44   #2
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
More late-night cursing sessions at red letters, empty wallets, broken promises, epic headaches, unforseen events, changing circumstances, bothersome events, moments of bliss, torrents of sadness, windfall gains, windfall losses

Uncharted Promises
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 23:48   #3
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
  • Great battle scenes in RotK
  • War on Iraq, massive terrorist attacks across the US
  • Mugabe ousted in a coup
  • North Korea reallow inspectors but Bush makes war noises
  • Massive global fuel crises
  • Number of game releases on the theme of how great the US are for being at war with assorted countries through history
  • Bush assasinated later in year
  • GTA:VC breaks all previously held videogame records
  • Rangers and Celtic announce plans to join English Premiership
  • Etc.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 23:50   #4
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough
Nothing, we'll all be dead or irradiated by this time next year.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2002, 23:56   #5
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
I expect Unreal II : The Awakening to be the best thing since sliced-bread

I expect America to destroy the world

And for me to become 18
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 00:04   #6
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
there is no word in any language that can properly convey how **** the next year is going to be, how wank the last year has been, and how i feel knowing none of it will ever change.

Oh well, life goes on. Even if it doesn't get better.
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 00:04   #7
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Phang
  • Bush assasinated later in year
Well, at least we have something to look forward to

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 00:15   #8
Idi

i intend to get aids and die
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 00:25   #9
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Re: So what do you expect from 2003?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
Movie Wise - Awesome movies come out in the latter part of the new year (Matrix 2, 3; Return of the King, etc.)

Politics wise - we probably will go to war in February/March. Prime time (temperature wise) in Iraq.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 00:52   #10
Rachael
Ryan Stiles

Rachael has a spectacular aura aboutRachael has a spectacular aura about
Im not expecting much, but we'll be embroiled in war in the next year
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 01:44   #11
K0loth

K0loth is an unknown quantity at this point
Did well in 2002 got good examk grades. just don't think I'll reach the standards of A2 in 2003. Hopefully 2003 will bring me call up to protect great britian to kill 2000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 iraq'is to stop me doing the exams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
K0loth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 01:50   #12
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
A real war, not some "we're americans, we can make another pretend-war on some inferior nation"
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 01:52   #13
wu_trax

a big asteroid hitting earth and destroying all life, because mankind is not worth it
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 01:53   #14
K0loth

K0loth is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by W
A real war, not some "we're americans, we can make another pretend-war on some inferior nation"
yeppp lets attack AMerica lets show bin laden how its done.

For the Empire!!!!!!!!!!!!!
K0loth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 01:54   #15
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
a big asteroid hitting earth and destroying all life, because mankind is not worth it
You can help! Using a regular knife, you can start with your friends and family, and when the cops put an end to your streak, you can get one more human off the earth; yourself.
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 01:55   #16
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
I expect:

Doom 3 - YEAH BABY YEAH!
Matrix 2
Return of The King
Harry Potter New Movie (this selection has been enforced by girlfriend™
A War with Iraq
North Korea being announced as Georges 2003 War
A Fuel Crisis
And me to continue begrudgingly through higer education

hurrah!
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 01:59   #17
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
I'd just liek it to be marginally less crap than 2002.

Not much to ask, is it????????????
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 02:01   #18
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
A War with Iraq

Dubya's counting* skills become self-evident once more

*'o', 'ing' and rest of sentence optional.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 03:58   #19
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold
Re: So what do you expect from 2003?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom

Movie wise:

new Matrix movies

Games wise:

Doom 3 and Unreal2

politics wise:

all that needs saying has already been said in this thread (bush making war and such)

war wise:

see above

peace wise:

never
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 14:25   #20
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
I expect:

Doom 3 - YEAH BABY YEAH!
Matrix 2
Return of The King
Harry Potter New Movie (this selection has been enforced by girlfriend™
A War with Iraq
A Fuel Crisis
And me to continue begrudgingly through higer education

hurrah!
i thought the new potter will only be ready in 2004 \o/
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 14:30   #21
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
War, war, and more war.
Nuclear bombs, terrorist attacks, aids becoming even more videspread(and dangerous), planes faling out off the sky like planes, etc.
And i think humankind deserves everything we get.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 16:31   #22
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
War, war, and more war.
Nuclear bombs, terrorist attacks, aids becoming even more videspread(and dangerous), planes faling out off the sky like planes, etc.
And i think humankind deserves everything we get.
How pleasant

George Bernard Shaw
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 16:34   #23
Vermillion Jnr

i keep expecting flying cars and hover boards, ever since 1999 dec 31 and i m still disapointed
i hold out hope for next year
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 16:54   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion Jnr
i keep expecting flying cars and hover boards, ever since 1999 dec 31 and i m still disapointed
i hold out hope for next year
Not till 2015!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2003, 17:16   #25
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
More of the same.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote