User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:33   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
"Must have" software

Planning on reformatting and generally cleaning up my computer soon.

Wondered what everyone thinks is 'must have' software to have installed once i get it back up and running. Mostly i just use it to surf and watch films/listen to music and play the odd game.

(This doesn't belong on either the programming forum nor the hardware forum, plus i'm askng for general opinions)

Photoshop
PSP
Kazaa
Nero Burner
Power DVD

are ones i'd say for starters
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:37   #2
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: "Must have" software

The latest drivers of every device you have in your personal computer stored on a cd will make your private life a more comfortable one.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:38   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: "Must have" software

Quote:
Originally posted by mpr0733
The latest drivers of every device you have in your personal computer stored on a cd will make your private life a more comfortable one.
'up and running' was meant to imply i had everything up to date and working correctly
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:43   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
On top o what you've mentioned:

Kazza lite, not Kazza.
Direct Connect (there's a hub at my uni so i use it anyway).
Winamp 2.81 (3 sucks).
Microsoft Office. Yes it's Microsoft. Yes, it is also the most user friendly office package I've tried, and believe me I've tried a few.
Alto MP3 Maker (a cool little prog for ripping CDs).
CloneCD (much better than nero at making 'backups', I've found).
Norton AntiVirus, Utilities, and Ghost.

Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:43   #5
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Dont forget to save your favourites.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:45   #6
Ragnarak

i meant kazaa lite

clonecd for some reason seems to mess up with my cd writer (even tho it came with it) whereas i've never had a problem with nero
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:45   #7
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
Winamp with DFX (do a google search if you don't know). I prefer 2.x but 3.x has it's upsides.

Trillian (combined instant messaging program)

Musicmatch jukebox (for mp3 recording - probably there's a better recorder out there but i don't know of it)

kazaalite rather than kazaa?

direct connect if you have broadband

winRAR or winACE

Opera 6 browser or a download manager

EDIT: beat me to it :/
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:46   #8
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
nix Kazaa...kazalite at the worst. Also, PSP is crap..if you have photoshop theres no need for it in the sligthest. :P

Also add:
Winamp
Daemon-tools
winzip
winrar
Norton Anti-virus
Ad-Aware (or similar)
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:48   #9
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
Ad-Aware (or similar)
aren't there isssues with adaware not being updated for a few months?
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:48   #10
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Mozilla is nice too.
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:50   #11
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
Still better than nothing.

Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:51   #12
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
Still better than nothing.

i'd read stuff to the contrary that suggested it actually ended up fking up legitimate things because of the lack of an update
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 21:52   #13
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Registry first aid
mIRC
Proxomitron or similar
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 22:15   #14
The_MilkMan

Notepad and Paint

all ur pc ever needed
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 22:18   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Civilisation 2
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 22:29   #16
The_MilkMan

Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
metapad and photoshop

i win
photoshop? u insane?

i stand uncorrected
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 22:30   #17
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
- latest driver for my keyboard (sound control, quick keys)
- WinRar
- Kazaa lite
- Kazaa accelerator
- Winamp2.8x
- Nero
- Divx, Xvid codecs
- Vim (text editor)
- Visual C++ 6.0
- MSN messenger
- Winbar
- Jpeg/GIF plugins for MSpaint
- Smart FTP
- MS office (for your random *.doc viewing and ppt plugins)

I think I had about everything by now....
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 22:34   #18
Idi

galeon
x-chat
rhythmbox
the gimp
gtk-gnutella
gthumb

all a man ever needs.
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 22:37   #19
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Oh, and that awful adobe acrobat ****e too. I hate it, but a lot of people use it, so it's fairly important.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 22:51   #20
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
galeon
x-chat
rhythmbox
the gimp
gtk-gnutella
gthumb

all a man ever needs.
ain't that all linnux
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 23:04   #21
Caesar2
Commander

Caesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really nice
partition magic

You were just "bashed", live with it.
Caesar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 23:13   #22
Idi

Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
ain't that all linnux
yep its all linux!
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 23:15   #23
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
yep its all linux!
i thought it was linnux
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 23:15   #24
Idi

Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
i thought it was linnux
definatly linux.
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 23:23   #25
KaneED
Motherfracker

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
definatly linux.
that linnux penguin is much better than the winnows windows

linnux all the way
Unread 28 Dec 2002, 23:25   #26
Ragnarak

oi stop whoring put linux in my thread

i have linux installed on a different computer and it's all nice and fine etc but that's not what this thread if for

ta
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 00:20   #27
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
  • A browser - Opera
  • An irc client - Virc
  • A media player - Winamp, some decent divX player
  • A good burner program
  • A nice editor/ide for coding (assuming you code) - ultraedit, MS Visual Studio
  • Network tools - Nscan/necrosoft tools,
    Putty (assuming you ever remote connect anywhere)
  • Messaging system of your choice - ICQ
  • A filesharing app - Limeware, Winmx, Kaza Light
I think that's about it. Other things may be added depending on what you like/work with.
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 00:40   #28
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
my must-haves:

WinRar
WinAmp
Photoshop
Nero
a DivX and a VCD player
Mirc
Trillian
Bulletproof FTP (or similar)
Dreamweaver
AudioCatalyst
a browser
DC++
Partition magic

Quake 3 with Rocketarena and Defrag
Chessmaster 8000
Worms World Party
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 00:46   #29
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Mirc
Telnet
a Paint program
Winamp
Windows Media Player with DivX Codecs
a 3d modeeling/CAD program

Don't really need much else.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 00:53   #30
Smugs
Major

Smugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Kazaa Lite
HistoryKill 2002
Ad-Aware
Nortan Utilities
Mc Afee Virus Software
Black Ice FireWall
mIRC
GoZilla
DivX Player 5.0
QuickTime

R3 - [None] - 184:10:12
R4 - [FeaR] - 234:25:3 - [MoW]
R5 - [GLX] - XX:XX:8
R6 - [GLX] - 5:13:6 - [MoC]
R7 - [GLX] - 35:XX:13 - [MoC]
R8 - [Flash] - 12:7:1
R9 - [Did Not Play]
R9.5 - [None] -1:10:19 - [MoW]/[MoD]

==Retired Planetarion Veteran==
Smugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 01:14   #31
Azaghal

Azaghal is an unknown quantity at this point
A list I once made when I upgraded my puter from celeron 400 to amd 850 then to celeron 1.2.

it wasn't finished btw, but perhaps it's of use.
Quote:
Programs used a lot:

* = Backup not needed, reinstall is.

-[ ]- HL/CS
-[ ]- MIRC
-[ ]- outlook (all my mails etc and addressbook)
-[ ]- HL programs
-[ ]- screenshots
-[ ]- desktop
-[ ]- my documents
-[ ]- flash 5
-[ ]- morpheus *
-[ ]- PAbrowser
-[ ]- winamp *
-[ ]- Civ III
-[ ]- fonts
-[ ]- googlebar
-[ ]- winamp *
-[ ]- nvidia settings if possible
-[ ]- site files
-[ ]- total A *
-[ ]- ChessMaster
-[ ]- BG I/II/TOB
-[ ]- BG programs
-[ ]- OFP
-[ ]- Diablo I/II
-[ ]- PG III 3d
-[ ]- Zone 66
-[ ]- tiny planet winkey disabler
-[ ]- favorites
-[ ]- Morpheus *
-[ ]- Nero *
-[ ]- Omnipage pro *
-[ ]- DiVX *
-[ ]- DU4 camera *
-[ ]- HackMan *
-[ ]- ICQ
-[ ]- leapftp *
-[ ]- Lavasoft Ad-aware *
-[ ]- Norton anti-virus *
-[ ]- MS Office *
-[ ]- Twilight menu *
-[ ]- WinRadio *
-[ ]- NVIDIA detonator drivers *
Azaghal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 01:15   #32
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
damn you all lazy bums.

you forgot the totally obvious

WINDOWZ!!!!!!!!!113421423423543%^$^$^#$!^@#$

:deer: says : Theamion wins
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 01:16   #33
grkn
Shadow of the past

grkn is an unknown quantity at this point
LiteStep + 585 theme
Opera 6/7 beta
X-chat
ZoneAlarm
putty
psftp
Eclipse with php plugin
Winamp
RegCleaner
WinRar
M$ Office
MiKTeX & TeXnic Center (some TeX implementation & gui for windoze)
WS FTP
PSP

HomeSite for general purpose HTML/php annoyance and mobile coding. Eclipse eats up the battery too fast.

various documentations

One OS to rule them all, One Passport to find them,
One OS to bring them all, And with the EULA bind them.
In the land of Redmond where the windows lie.

"...to leave the Elysium the dead had to drink from and travel beyond the River of Oblivion, Lethe, to once again return to the mortal realm..."
grkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 01:37   #34
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
Telnet comes as standard in windows installs.
Fine. Special Telnet.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 01:42   #35
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
Fine. Special Telnet.
used 'secureCRT' for ages, not even thought about checking if there was a new version till just
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 02:12   #36
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
On top o what you've mentioned:

Kazza lite, not Kazza.
Direct Connect (there's a hub at my uni so i use it anyway).
Winamp 2.81 (3 sucks).
Microsoft Office. Yes it's Microsoft. Yes, it is also the most user friendly office package I've tried, and believe me I've tried a few.
Alto MP3 Maker (a cool little prog for ripping CDs).
CloneCD (much better than nero at making 'backups', I've found).
Norton AntiVirus, Utilities, and Ghost.

all good accept for Norton Antivirus. (get a proper one)

If you have a permanent connection your gonna need a firewall.

NOT THE WINDOWS XP ONE FFS!

Blackice Defender Plus should do you or Zone Alarm Pro
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 02:50   #37
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Kazaa Lite
eMule
dScaler (for VoodooTV under XP)
Office XP Pro (for the reason Megla gave)
MS Visual Studio.NET
Nero
Blindwrite
DaemonTools
Norton AntiVirus 2003 Pro
PowerDVD
Latest Media Player (9.0 Beta atm)
Photoshop
Dreamweaver
SmartFTP

No need for a firewall as I have a hardware one.

That's about it really.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 03:05   #38
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by skiddy
No need for a firewall as I have a hardware one.
Good stuff.

Most people don't realise how dangerous broadband is
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 03:30   #39
RIT

Mirc
Photoshop 6 and 7
Winamp
DivX
Realplayer
MSN messenger
Nero
Kazza lite
Opera
Visual Basic 6
Visual C++
Ultraedit
Flash 5 or 6
Dreamweaver MX
Smart FTP
Microsoft Office 97 (Professional)
Microsoft Office 2002 (Professional and yet to aquire)
PowerDVD
Microsoft Visio
Serif Page Plus 6
Partition Magic 7
Half Life (and counterstrike of course)
The All seeing eye
Quick Time
VNC
Winzip
Winrar
3d studio max
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 04:42   #40
Idi

ACDSee
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 09:36   #41
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
Download the AdAware reference updater, and it waill check your Spyware definitions and automatically update them when a new version is released.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 09:37   #42
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
For FTP i would say www.smartftp.com

The best FTP prroggy i have used, and it's free for personal use too
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 11:11   #43
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
u forgot mIRC and StreamRipper, along with some sort of firewall

btw, have u any idea how to use WinBar to get news from other sites .. im only getting tweakers.nl atm
There are plugins for other sites I believe... you should check the site for that.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 11:57   #44
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
The main ones i can think of would be:
  • MSN
  • Visual Studio (C++ Basic 6)
  • PHP Master Editor
  • JBuilder Enterprie
  • Maya Unlimited
  • Photoshop
  • Poser
  • Notepad
  • WSFTP
  • Quicktime
  • Media Player
  • Winamp
  • Flash MX
  • Kazza Lite
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 12:17   #45
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
I have the Tiny Personal Firewall.

To your list:

QuakeWorld !!!
All-Seeing Eye
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 12:20   #46
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold
I agree with every post above me.. but replace MSN + ICQ with trillian :P
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 13:28   #47
Æquila

stick some pr0n on it at least fs

Unread 29 Dec 2002, 13:34   #48
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Grokster minus the spyware
IRC (Peace and Protection)
MSN Messenger
Office 2000
Winamp 2.81
As many Mp3s as possible.
Flash 4,5 and MX
Dreamweaver
Fireworks
Photoshop
Paintshop Pro
Real One (for playing southpark episodes)
Power Toys
Global DivX
Codec Packs
Gamespy
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 14:19   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
ACDSee (yes, Photoshop is "better" but ACDSee is useful for browsing the gigs of porn you'll inevitably have)
Winamp
GVim
Opera
Kazaa Lite
mIRC
Office XP
WinRAR/WinACE/Winzip
FlashFXP
Daemon Tools
Apache/MySQL/PHP (possibly "essential" if you're into that sort of thing)
Divx Player/Codecs for SVCD, etc
Emulators (of varying descriptions depending what you play)
Nero

Of course, pretty much everything on that list is going to be either (a) pirated software, (b) open source/free software or (c) used for pirating software.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2002, 14:54   #50
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
mIRC - with the script of your choice
smartftp - simply the best ftp client out there
office xp - 'nuff said already.
putty - must have putty, so you can ssh into linux boxes etc
coolmon - nifty sysinfo display on your desktop
html-kit - my preffered html editor, although my brother will be providing me with dreamweaver mx when i can be arsed to go and get the cd off him
proxomitron - no more adverts, ever! (edit: now correct link)
cdex - the best program for making mp3's from cd's that you legitimately own (ofc!)
motherboard monitor - motherboard monitor innit, nuff said.
the all seeing eye - browse those game servers baby.
photoshop 7 - i wish i could find the bastard cd.

things like media player and winamp 2.8x are obvious, so i'll leave those out. everything else comes with windows.

Last edited by Belgarath The Sorcerer; 29 Dec 2002 at 15:46.
Belgarath The Sorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote