User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Dec 2002, 18:36   #1
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Wtc

the new designs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2587707.stm

now i know the other proposals were 'drab and boring', but in all honesty, would you go and work in those towers?? And secondly, if you were a member of AQ, wouldnt you want to knock it all down again??
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 18:49   #2
wu_trax

does anyone remember that cartoon-picture with the wtc rebuild twice as high with a large american flag on it? it somehow remindes me of this :/
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 18:51   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Oh my god...
Monkeys in an architecture office...

But no, I wouldn't go work in those things because:
1) they are UGLY, I'd be ashamed to work in there
2) It's very likely that they get pushed over again

Al Queda or any other terrorist organisation will prolly try to knock it down again... it's no more than logical though...
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 19:13   #4
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Yes, they are all incredibly ugly.

The designs have to be picked by a committee, which will cater to the lowest common denominators; so I seriously doubt that any decent design will ever be selected.

As for al-Qaida, it would be very stupid of them to go after it a third time. Security for whatever is built there will be a lot higher than just about any other building.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 19:15   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
As for al-Qaida, it would be very stupid of them to go after it a third time. Security for whatever is built there will be a lot higher than just about any other building.
How many security agents will it take to catch a plane? Literally!
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 20:46   #6
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
There really should be a 'none of the above' vote in this poll...
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 20:51   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
The "Studio Libeskind" one is the worst, I reckon.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 20:52   #8
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
the norman foster one is the least bad imho.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 21:22   #9
bobble

bobble is an unknown quantity at this point
id like to work there simply because of the technology that will most likely be used in the building. who cares what the building you work in looks like?
CNN is liberal bull****...no wonder you people are so ****ing stupid. If you want a real News Channel try Fox News.
bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 21:24   #10
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by bobble
id like to work there simply because of the technology that will most likely be used in the building. who cares what the building you work in looks like?
The people living around it, most likely
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 21:27   #11
Quaoar

why don't they just make two ƒucking tall buildings that don't fall down and not complain about how pretty they look?
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 21:33   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
How many security agents will it take to catch a plane? Literally!
Trying the hijack plane thing again would be even more stupid than going after the WTC a third time. Literally! :reindeer:
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 21:36   #13
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Trying the hijack plane thing again would be even more stupid than going after the WTC a third time. Literally! :reindeer:
I agree!
Al-Quaida should hijack a hovercraft next time!
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 21:37   #14
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
yeh... I read that before... DeJa Vu!!!

Heh... still, I think planes are quite vulnerable to hijackings tho and it only takes one to cause massive havoc.
To be honest, I think the terrorists will try the same trick again, just to make a statement, even though I don't hope for it.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 21:37   #15
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
The "Studio Libeskind" one is the worst, I reckon.
Actually, in my opinion that's the least ugly one, with the Littenberg as a close second. Both of those look at least tolerable, whereas the rest are ugly crap.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 21:40   #16
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Actually, in my opinion that's the least ugly one, with the Littenberg as a close second. Both of those look at least tolerable, whereas the rest are ugly crap.
Well I like the Littenburg, as much as one of these monstrosities can be liked.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 21:54   #17
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Well I like the Littenburg, as much as one of these monstrosities can be liked.
nah... it looks too "Empire State Building"-like...
If I had to pick on it'd be LibesKind's design, although I'm not sure about the big "pole" thing on the left.
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 21:59   #18
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
yeh... I read that before... DeJa Vu!!!
Yeah... My posts are disappearing almost as fast as I can (re)write them. :/
Quote:
Heh... still, I think planes are quite vulnerable to hijackings tho and it only takes one to cause massive havoc.
The US government has spent a lot of effort and money upgrading airport and airplane security (in the finest American tradition of preparing to win the last war instead of the next one). Also, and more importantly, al-Qaida has raised the bar for hostages--who now will rightfully assume they have nothing to lose...
Quote:
To be honest, I think the terrorists will try the same trick again, just to make a statement, even though I don't hope for it.
Well, I kinda hope they do; because then they'd be passing up a lot better targets. :reindeer:
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:22   #19
bobble

bobble is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
(in the finest American tradition of preparing to win the last war instead of the next one).
heh heh this one made me laugh. You'd think they'd get this right eventually
CNN is liberal bull****...no wonder you people are so ****ing stupid. If you want a real News Channel try Fox News.
bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 22:49   #20
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
i vote for www.wtc2002.com's revision 3 :/

the final proposals are bull****
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:27   #21
Zor

um you people dont like to read. These designs are the first out of three more rounds of designs. The designs you see here most likely won't become what is built
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:43   #22
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold
i voted libeskind...i dont "get" the pole thingie though..
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2002, 23:57   #23
Zor

Quote:
Originally posted by BesigedB
i vote for www.wtc2002.com's revision 3 :/

the final proposals are bull****
I hate to break it to you, but those aren't the new proposals.

http://www.renewnyc.com/plan_des_dev...ns/default.asp These are the real proposals
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 00:03   #24
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
The new building(s) will be thought to symbolize america's reaction to terrorism no matter what.

From that, a few points are obvious:
It must be the tallest building in the world. Americans will accept nothing less.
It must stand out. You'd think being 1000 feet taller than anything else around would be enough here, but anything that doesn't make terrorists stew in anger will be thought to be the same as hiding.

Given that, it is quite the oppurtunity to create something truly grand, something outside of the bland gray rectangular prisms that lord over our cities, something unlike anything else in this world.

I look at those designs, and it seems that whether or not I like the designs, at least the designers are thinking now. A huge step over last summer's bunch.

The secenth one bores me to hell though, and most of the rest are ugly:/ I'll take ugly over boring anyday though.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 09:02   #25
Ent

Ent is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The US government has spent a lot of effort and money upgrading airport and airplane security (in the finest American tradition of preparing to win the last war instead of the next one). Also, and more importantly, al-Qaida has raised the bar for hostages--who now will rightfully assume they have nothing to lose...
Id have to disagree with the airport security part, I fly in and out of the States quite regularly. Security seemed quite lax at Newark, I passed through security checkpoints several times with aerosols, lighters and scissors. However, this could well be because I dont fit the racial profile they have and as such was subject to less intense scrutiny.

Second point is a good one though, after the plane that went down in PA I think the days of people hijacking planes with scissors are over, passengers are a lot more aware.

And yup, the designs are ****in ugly.
Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 18:47   #26
thegameds1

wtc

none of them and build the wtc as circular instead of square (oh and put parachutes in the higher floors and dont put all the stairs and lifts in the central core).
Unread 20 Dec 2002, 18:50   #27
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Stick a few pulse cannons and...(must resist)...hadron turrets round the base, that should kee...NO, PA WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote