User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:16   #1
Daerion

I Am Depressed Yet Again

Is it a seasonal depression?
Or more the sort of an "I-kind-of-lack-something" depression?

Your vote counts.
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:17   #2
Lord Skragg

[sings] Daerion cant get laaaaaaaaiiiid [/sings]
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:18   #3
Daerion

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Skragg
[sings] Daerion cant get laaaaaaaaiiiid [/sings]
So you're voting for option 2 then?
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:35   #4
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I Am Depressed Yet Again

Quote:
Originally posted by Daerion

Your vote counts.
BEER is the answer.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:37   #5
Ðiscorporation

Re: Re: I Am Depressed Yet Again

Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming

BEER is the answer.
Hoegaarden to be exact

\o/
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:44   #6
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Hoegaarden my ass, let him drink "Duvel", will grow some hair on his chest
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:48   #7
ELeeming
Cultured

Re: Re: Re: I Am Depressed Yet Again

Quote:
Originally posted by ÐiSCoRPoRaTioN

Hoegaarden to be exact

\o/

pfffffffffffffftttttttttttttt. Becks, every time.
God Told Me To Do It
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 16:49   #8
Ðiscorporation

Re: Re: Re: Re: I Am Depressed Yet Again

Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming

pfffffffffffffftttttttttttttt. Becks, every time.
Hoegaarden with a slice of lemon > *
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:01   #9
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
"Seasonal Adjustment Disorder" - it affects at least 1 in 5 people, and makes them depressed for a few weeks as winter gets closer. Not much you can do, apart from exercise or buy some rather expensive lights

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:03   #10
ELeeming
Cultured

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
"Seasonal Adjustment Disorder" - it affects at least 1 in 5 people, and makes them depressed for a few weeks as winter gets closer. Not much you can do, apart from exercise or buy some rather expensive lights

M.
Or you could go out, get pissed, pull*, and wake up happy tomorrow.

*not a guarentee
God Told Me To Do It
Synchronise Your Dogmas
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:48   #11
Daerion

Pulling might be a solution indeed (a temporary one maybe but still).

And I do have hair on my chest.
Not too much. And not too little. \o/
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 17:53   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
beer is filth, you are all self deluded

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 20:54   #13
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
A few double vodka and cokes ends all your problems
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 20:59   #14
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
im clinially depressed

therefore i win
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 20:59   #15
Cocaine

ALCOHOL
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 21:00   #16
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

Quote:

Your vote counts.

YahweII may have just been banned.

That should cheer you up...

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 21:06   #17
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion

YahweII may have just been banned.

That should cheer you up...
Note to Admins: Dont accept the user registration YahweIII

Thankyou
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 21:17   #18
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Weeks
your depression may increase if you continue to post to and look at these DEBAUCHED forums. go do something lovely maybe. horray horray horray.

www.ratemykitten.com

allmost cant get happier then this
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 21:19   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Q: How are you supposed to encompass a summary commentary on WW1 and WW2 and their effects in under 300 words?

Q: How are you supposed to encompass a summary commentary on WW1 and WW2 and their effects in under, say 2,500 words?

I find the first one impossible. It's what my lecturer wants me to do. I find the second one probably feasible. I have to write up 8 (Count 'em!) seminars on Post-War Europe, and the whole thing has to be no more than 2000 words or so.

'WARPEACESOCIALCHANGEECONOMICDEPRESSIONHITLERWARDEVESTATIONMARSHALLPLANTRUMANDOCTRINEGROWTHSOCIALCHA NGEEUROPEANCO-OPERATIONMOREGROWTHCOLDWARTHENEWRIGHT'

- this is about as good as I can make it, within their requirements.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 21:25   #20
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Q: How are you supposed to encompass a summary commentary on WW1 and WW2 and their effects in under 300 words?

I find the first one impossible.
Actually, this is something we do a lot of in advanced historical studies, you might find once you get into it that 300 words is EASIER than 2500 words. Pick a single thread, describe its effects, justify it as the most important thread. If you try and summarise the wars and their effect, you will be useless, but if you try and summarise the two world wars based on: the US - Russian rivalry: or Europe as the centre of the world: or the effect on judaism: or the rise of the occident in world affairs.

Pick a single thread, and explain how the wars affected it. Frankly, a very good one would be an 800 word explanation of how two world wars made Europe no longer the centre of the modern world.

Unread 25 Nov 2002, 21:29   #21
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question

Quote:
Pick a single thread, and explain how the wars affected it. Frankly, a very good one would be an 800 word explanation of how two world wars made Europe no longer the centre of the modern world.
Would one under 300 be exceptionally good indeed?
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 21:35   #22
Vermillion
Historian

I misread, thought you said 800 instead of 300. Still, 300 is a page, and you can do a lot in a page. Take your single thread, find one good argument and one example to support it. It can be done, and is an excellent lesson in sifting through facts and information for the critical themes.

Unread 25 Nov 2002, 21:36   #23
Daerion

Quote:
Originally posted by Weeks
your depression may increase if you continue to post to and look at these DEBAUCHED forums. go do something lovely maybe. horray horray horray.
Just because now you know the meaning of 'debauched' doesn't imply that now you are to use it whenever possible.
Unread 25 Nov 2002, 21:38   #24
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
How about the general ****tiness of the universe and us humans' limited will to/ability at deluding ourself?
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 09:02   #25
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Your vote counts.
S-A-D
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 14:44   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
I misread, thought you said 800 instead of 300. Still, 300 is a page, and you can do a lot in a page. Take your single thread, find one good argument and one example to support it. It can be done, and is an excellent lesson in sifting through facts and information for the critical themes.
I'm starting now. Wish me luck.
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 14:47   #27
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan

S-A-D
Yeah, putting a name on it explains everything.
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 14:50   #28
Daerion

Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
S-A-D
"Try to tell us something we don't know."
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 14:51   #29
morpheuz

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Am Depressed Yet Again

Quote:
Originally posted by ÐiSCoRPoRaTioN

Hoegaarden with a slice of lemon > *
Who drinks beer with lemon? kinda stupid isnt it?
I know what im trying next time im tanking up some alcohol..

Did you think that if you tried going out to ppl and talk it would make you laugh and feel better..
I dont think its seasonal cause most ppl have their pc stored dark

And yes getting laid would help.. but to get laid you would have to go out side..
humf
one solution.. get away from your pc and meet women.. or men if thats what you are into :P
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 14:58   #30
Daerion

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Am Depressed Yet Again

Quote:
Originally posted by morpheuz
Did you think that if you tried going out to ppl and talk it would make you laugh and feel better..
I dont think its seasonal cause most ppl have their pc stored dark

And yes getting laid would help.. but to get laid you would have to go out side..
humf
one solution.. get away from your pc and meet women.. or men if thats what you are into :P
I may add that I am indeed going out every evening, staying down at the club till at least 1am.
Within the past 5 weeks I have got to know approximately 30 new people, including a couple of very nice (and even fit) women and with some of them (not only the women fs) I have had very intense and long conversations.
I am most definitely NOT the kind of "The world ends outside my dark room"-geek, believe it or don't.
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 15:00   #31
morpheuz

Maybe its the chance of loosing planetarion??

And the forums?
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 15:06   #32
Daerion

I do not play PA.
Stopped after R6.

And I only just recently returned to the boards.

I'm actually asking myself why I honor a reply like this one with a serious answer. I'm scared of myself now.
Unread 26 Nov 2002, 15:12   #33
morpheuz

It sound like you have got some serious problems with no easy answers..
go see a shrink and get some prosac and you should be institutionalised in the next 5 years for either drug abuse or insanity...