User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Nov 2002, 15:30   #1
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold
Question Exiling question

I have a friend in the 57TH cluster (same cluster as me), who is probably going to exile himself, and we happen to have a leftopen spot in our galaxy, so how big would the odds be for him to exile himself and land in our galaxy?

just curious

SepH
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 15:55   #2
Sun Pin

Sun Pin is an unknown quantity at this point
depends on howmany other free spots it is over the universe
Sun Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 16:03   #3
black-eyed boy
ND

black-eyed boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a random idea (could help if he's not very big):

Bash some of his fleet (sacrifice) so that he a) gets resources as a salvage b) reduces his score so that it's way cheaper to self-exile.
Then he would be able to do more than 1 exile increasing his chances to get into a better gal (or maybe yours).

I don't know, maybe sacrificing some score now would payoff later in a better gal and any good gal would donate some resources to a newcomer anyway to let him grow quicker.
black-eyed boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 20:43   #4
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by black-eyed boy
Just a random idea (could help if he's not very big):

Bash some of his fleet (sacrifice) so that he a) gets resources as a salvage b) reduces his score so that it's way cheaper to self-exile.
Then he would be able to do more than 1 exile increasing his chances to get into a better gal (or maybe yours).

I don't know, maybe sacrificing some score now would payoff later in a better gal and any good gal would donate some resources to a newcomer anyway to let him grow quicker.
we thought about that aswell, but its hard to drop some1 below 400K score, and 400K in all recources is alot when you have just got all your roids removed :P, and everytime you exile the cost for another exile gets increased :S

perhaps there is some kind of rule when exiling where some1 lands? (filling up holes in galaxys, starting in 1:2 going up till the last gal or something?)
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2002, 20:57   #5
Sun Pin

Sun Pin is an unknown quantity at this point
i bealive it's (supposed to be) random, but you can never tell with FS
Sun Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 01:28   #6
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
wat bout gettin into no 1 gal?

Ex-Silver BC