User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 23 Feb 2014, 17:27   #1
Fruntxas

Fruntxas is an unknown quantity at this point
Military Suggestions

Here we go:

1. -> Covert Operations
- Ability to steal more value on ships
- The ability to discover intel either on the government or the % of security workers
- Government subversion lasting longer (maybe Agents/2)
- The way how Hacking science database works is ridiculous and useless
- More XP (Exploding Fist = 1 XP??? -> Really?!?)
- Check what is the least-used operation and remove it. Maybe add the ability to blow up ships instead.

Reason: So that CovOppers are able to create an higher impact on the game.

2. -> Waves

- Ability to perform different types of scans at the same time on the "Galaxy Scan" section.

Reason: Ease of use when scanning galaxies.

- Possibility to see government on Dev Scan or another kind of scan after the AU scan.

Reason: More information on target's.
Fruntxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2014, 18:09   #2
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: Military Suggestions

- Stealing ships is powerful enough at the moment, because you can either steal useless ships or perfect ships - it has to be balanced around stealing perfect ships, for which it's just fine right now.
- More ways to gain information on a planet seems fine to me
- Anarchy covert op is already strong. Putting someone in Anarchy for 10 ticks is insane, the planet loses out on a ton of resources at no benefit of the covert opper.
- Why/how is Science hacking ridiculess and useless? It's a great way for covert oppers to catch up on research.
- As covert operations should be a secondary thing in my opinion, the xp gains are fine currently considering it's possible to be completely safe from losing anything.
- Why do you want to blow ships up? Which covert operation do you think is the least used, and why is that?

- No problem with that, more options = good. Whether it's worth coding I don't know.
- More information is good. Not sure which scan it should be on, it might be better suited for a Covert op.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2014, 19:59   #3
Fruntxas

Fruntxas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
- Stealing ships is powerful enough at the moment, because you can either steal useless ships or perfect ships - it has to be balanced around stealing perfect ships, for which it's just fine right now.
- More ways to gain information on a planet seems fine to me
- Anarchy covert op is already strong. Putting someone in Anarchy for 10 ticks is insane, the planet loses out on a ton of resources at no benefit of the covert opper.
- Why/how is Science hacking ridiculess and useless? It's a great way for covert oppers to catch up on research.
- As covert operations should be a secondary thing in my opinion, the xp gains are fine currently considering it's possible to be completely safe from losing anything.
- Why do you want to blow ships up? Which covert operation do you think is the least used, and why is that?

- No problem with that, more options = good. Whether it's worth coding I don't know.
- More information is good. Not sure which scan it should be on, it might be better suited for a Covert op.

1 - I'm just stating that bribing guards or stealing agents is probably (to my belief) not used enough because it doesn't bring decent benefits. Blowing up ships was just an idea

2 - I agree with that. Kaiba also referred. Ability to see a government with a covert operation.
Fruntxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2014, 20:07   #4
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Stealing agents is most definitely weak and probably not used much; personally I've stolen 1500 guards, which isn't that much but it saved me 300k each.
Blowing up ships was changed into stealing them. I don't see the point in a covert op that only harms a planet, there should always be something to gain (other than some measly xp).
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2014, 21:45   #5
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Many people see CovOps as an irritation rather than as something to be encouraged or made more effective.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2014, 23:51   #6
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Maybe bribing guards should always be a success if you use enough agents. Say if i'm immune and you hit me with 50 agents to bribe. maybe i should lose 500 guards to it. I dunno what kinda math you can put behind it. However right now if your immune your safe. We should find away to get rid of that. Then cov ops can take a more important place in the game
Unread 9 Mar 2014, 16:48   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
Maybe bribing guards should always be a success if you use enough agents. Say if i'm immune and you hit me with 50 agents to bribe. maybe i should lose 500 guards to it. I dunno what kinda math you can put behind it. However right now if your immune your safe. We should find away to get rid of that. Then cov ops can take a more important place in the game
This would be really changing covert ops for some covert ops. The only way I can see this happening is if say 1 agent stole 10 guards but if you had 90% alertness you'd lose 1 guard not 10. I guess this could be done for most/all ops but that begs the question of why we want stealth (bonus on effectiveness of agents? )