User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 6 Dec 2014, 14:19   #1
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Question about the stats on beta.planetation.com

Looking at the stats for my planet in the planet stats for this round at http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=8&round=59 I notice it says:
rank:77 nick:booji coords:8:5:9 score:7,456,428 hostile incs:25 friendly incs:25 total hostiles launched:30 total friendlies launched:195

Yet this does not correlate with what it says ingame. The ingame history page says:
Total Attack Fleets Received: 21
Total Defence Fleets Received: 23
Total Incomings Received: 44

and:
Total Attack Fleets Launched: 18
Total Defence Fleets Launched: 202
Total Fleets Launched: 220
(I have not yet launched or received incoming during havoc)
Counting up the list the page provides confirms the page is not simply adding up wrongly.

The memberinfo for me in the alliance page says different again:
Total Attack Fleets Since Joining: 18
Total Defence Fleets Since Joining: 198
(I joined at tickstart and did not leave all round)

So which is correct?

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2014, 14:35   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Question about the stats on beta.planetation.com

And why are there multiple mechanisms to count these things?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2014, 14:41   #3
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Looking up the data of my planet:

'Ranking':
  • Total hostile incs: 98
  • Total friendly incs: 80
  • Total hostiles launched: 111
  • Total friendlies launched: 56

History -> Outgoing fleets:
  • Total Attack Fleets Launched: 117
  • Total Defence Fleets Launched: 56
  • Total Fleets Launched: 173

History -> Incoming fleets:
  • Total Attack Fleets Received: 99
  • Total Defence Fleets Received: 81
  • Total Incomings Received: 180

Universe -> Launches: which appears delayed and contains date up to Yesterday
  • Total Attacks: 111
  • Total Defences: 56
  • Total Launches: 167

I launched 6 hostfile fleets in havoc.
Numbers of outgoing fleets does match for my planet
Number of incoming fleets however doesn't match..
There is a difference of 1 hostile inc and 1 friendly inc

I know I did not launch Fake Attack/Fake Defend missions but I do not recall if I ever got a fake def/fake att launched to me..
Do you remeber if you launched many fleets with a fake att/fake defend mission?
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2014, 14:47   #4
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Do you remeber if you launched many fleets with a fake att/fake defend mission?
I have never in my history in pa launched either! So unfortunately that is not the explanation.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 6 Dec 2014, 15:27   #5
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

One other thing you could check for your outgoing fleets is Journal -> Planet Logs -> Missions but that doesn't have totals so you'll need to count yourself...
Unread 6 Dec 2014, 21:31   #6
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
One other thing you could check for your outgoing fleets is Journal -> Planet Logs -> Missions but that doesn't have totals so you'll need to count yourself...
Or search for 'defend' and 'attack' and let the browser do the hard work.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2014, 22:23   #7
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Or search for 'defend' and 'attack' and let the browser do the hard work.
Not quite so simple... do that and I have 300 defence fleets and 47 attacks!
once the cancelled before launching are taken out I find 19 attacks and 198 defences. I presume that I have missed a cancelled launch somewhere on the attack to make 18 but having looked through three times cant find it. Anyhow this would agree with the alliance numbers.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 7 Dec 2014, 17:08   #8
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

So it includes fleets that didn't end up launching?
Unread 7 Dec 2014, 17:34   #9
booji
a bucket

The missions logs do yes e.g.
"05/12/14 02:56:11 1159 Fleet "Alpha": New recall mission ordered, the fleet that was set to launch at 2:3:10 was cancelled before launching."

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 7 Dec 2014, 19:27   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

so there's still a question of what the stats show on beta?

and potentially the journal page.

will look at it - remind me in a couple of days though, once the winter round stuff is sorted
Unread 26 Dec 2014, 01:48   #11
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Okay,

The alliance member count figures are correct.

The history page has a bug (previously undiscovered) where, when you launch at a target, recall, relaunch at the same target, recall AGAIN, with the same fleet slot, all before the first fleet should have landed, it duplicates some of the entries. Apparently you've done this 4 times, hence the difference of 4. It was a bit hard to spot; I had to review your fleets with the two different queries / approaches to identify.

The planet stats on the beta history site are wrong in one way which I didn't really consider when I originally wrote the query:
I joined all the data by co-ords and so this kind of messes things up historically. I need to fix this!

To answer the question about different mechanisms - there's basically 1 driver table which logs this information but different ways of displaying the data. The aforementioned bug turns up because we are trying to get not only the launch data but also the recall data, whereas on the alliance member screen we don't care about recalls. For the beta history site, I'm calculating everything on the fly over all sorts of tables to get the data at once.

We don't store all the counts separately because 3rd normal form, and we're not running some sort of OLAP database

Edit:
p.s. you all suck, no one nudged me or even bumped this thread
Unread 26 Dec 2014, 11:11   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think it's reasonable to assume someone in PA Team reads the PA forums.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 26 Dec 2014, 12:50   #13
Patrikc

I believe they have a trained monkey for that.

...Wait, did Jagex ever continue the funding of bananas?
Unread 26 Dec 2014, 13:52   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.

And here I thought we had a spambot on the loose when it was Nim all along.
Unread 26 Dec 2014, 17:14   #15
Bram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
Edit:
p.s. you all suck, no one nudged me or even bumped this thread
Nah, we all have trust in you and know you would remember it even without nudging you! :-)
Unread 27 Dec 2014, 02:18   #16
Appocomaster
PA Team

Okay, fixed the beta history site's planet stats

Still the history page to go
Unread 24 Jan 2015, 20:41   #17
Appocomaster
PA Team

also fixed history page in-game

Last edited by Appocomaster; 24 Jan 2015 at 20:56.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2015, 01:27   #18
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

booji is a noob

Swing Approves

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote