User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:14   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
What comes first?

What do you put first?

Galaxy? or Alliance?

Any situations that have conflicted between the two?

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:19   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: What comes first?

Yes.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:21   #3
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Yes.
Care to share with the rest of us?

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:22   #4
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

no.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:25   #5
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
no.
Pointless?

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:27   #6
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

With BP members its often V hard, seing as u often got some of ur closest mates in ur BP.

My gal would never be attacked by my alliance -since I m so sexy and all- but for others I can understand its hard to not def gal / not leave a hint.

Also - its in general more fun to def in gal - seing as they r ur friends. And when u launch def to alliance u often got no clue whos ass ur saving.

For me its a mix, and its hard for me to say what I place first. Varies from what alliance I am inn - what rank I got in alliance at that time, and whos in my gal(bp)

Cant think of any situations where I have been forced to -take a side-.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:27   #7
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

It's pretty widely accepted that loyalties lie with alliances over galaxies, especially since you tend to be with an alliance for more than 1 round, but often isnt the case with galaxies (although recently this trend is changing due to BP's over the past few rounds).

However, for the most part people dont want to **** over their galaxies, and will do things such as report incs etc, even if they can't defend against it.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:29   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I've never put galaxy before alliance and I'll never do. Alliance comes first, always, no matter what.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:35   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It depends on who your buddy-pack is. This round I packed with two people from Vengeance and two other people that I didn't know before the round started.

You'll usually be more loyal to your alliance mates in-gal and defend them before another member of your alliance. Usually this is because you can send high-eta ships on incomings you usually wouldn't be able to, such as Syrens or Pirates on FR incomings. Nevertheless, in times of need, the alliance itself must come first.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:44   #10
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster
What do you put first?

Galaxy? or Alliance?
Quote:
Yes.
Basically, I don't put myself in a position where I have to choose one over the other.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 14:48   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The people you care about more obviously. I'd imagine for most people this is now fellow alliance members.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 15:25   #12
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Alliance.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 15:33   #13
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Alliance. Always
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 17:09   #14
Banned
Banned

All you people saying alliance are getting exiled if we ever land in the same gal.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 17:12   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All you people saying alliance are getting exiled if we ever land in the same gal.
Chances are you'd do that on default if we ever land in the same galaxy

FA Gaming community

Unread 21 Mar 2006, 17:17   #16
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i've realised that the #1 advice/rule everyone needs to avoid any sort of effort/issue/situation in planetarion is generally to avoid bwtmc at all costs.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 17:18   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Next round ascendancy (and I feel relatively safe speaking on behalf of us all, well, with one obvious exception) demands a kjeldoran+jester buddypack for great justice, infinite entertainment and possibly some form of pie.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 17:28   #18
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Next round ascendancy (and I feel relatively safe speaking on behalf of us all, well, with one obvious exception) demands a kjeldoran+jester buddypack for great justice, infinite entertainment and possibly some form of pie.
To be perfectly honnest, I wouldn't mind

FA Gaming community

Unread 21 Mar 2006, 17:33   #19
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

To add to that comedy, I want to be included too!
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 17:45   #20
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

My gal was a difficult situation. I had no other NDers in my gal... was with a bunch of 1up and an angels peon {} I know there was some hr, lch, and others kicking around too... Including one goof who didn't like the fact that we couldn't protect her from 9 waves of incoming. (10 or 11 waves to my poor planet that night :eek: )

Our bad.

Apart from that though, I did try and save their arses whenever I could... Despite the ND-1up war, I still reported their incs and the like {we all 'know' there are some alliances who say "be asleep during so and so time" to certain members during certain times } and found myself saving mazz a time or two... though I doubt he'll admit it anytime soon

My gal was a popular place for red fleets to visit... Can't help but wonder why

Generally, I do pick alliance over galaxy... But... I try and help the newer guys out whenever I can, and even 'enemies' from time to time. I know a couple of those 1up goofs saved my tushy a couple of times even when they probably shouldn't have, and I think I've done the same.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 18:09   #21
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

First the Alliance in general
then buddypack
then alliance members
then galaxy

Easy peasy

Last edited by Alessio; 21 Mar 2006 at 18:24.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 19:18   #22
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough

Alliance
Friends
Galaxy
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 19:35   #23
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I concentrate mainly on my cluster. I'm always there for you, guys!!
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 20:12   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think what Banned is suggesting is that if you don't go into a galaxy with a bunch of ****s, you will never have to make the choice.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 20:40   #25
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever makes the best pie.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 20:42   #26
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I fully support that, if I get to recruit Kj.

Otherwise I think it's a terrible idea and a decision should be delayed until a later date, one when I'm around to recruit him.
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 22:10   #27
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm depends on how i feel about my alliance at the time Often its ally at start of round and later on as they iritate me it moves onto gal.. (also as i get more cozy with my gal mates).. i love how no1 has raised the option of planet :P Alot of people might be inclined to go for that, but i doubt you'll get many to admit to it as its similar to proclaiming that their a selfish-bastard

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 22:31   #28
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Gal members can go screw themselves for all I care. Really
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 22:48   #29
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Gal members can go screw themselves for all I care. Really
love you too
Unread 21 Mar 2006, 22:54   #30
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

you try and make the most of both ally and ingal.

If a gal m8 aint gonna def ingal why should I report their inc or save them from exile.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 00:11   #31
Teargas
Aberrant Shadows

Teargas will become famous soon enoughTeargas will become famous soon enough

After thinking it over a bit, I decided that first it was the alliance members I talked to, then my BP, the rest of my galaxy, and finally the rest of the alliance.

I see it as if the score of my galaxy goes down, there is more chance for an attack on the entire place if I can't help them out a bit. That easily puts them over people who just share the same tag with me but never get on IRC or communicate with me.

Round 2-10: None
Round 15-16: [BIG]
IRC: Tchort / Frank
Teargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 01:44   #32
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

My alliance or BPer's alliances usually can cope without my fleets. Of course, I offer them to both but I prefer to utilise the ETA 5 defence option between myself and the new players that have been lucky enough to land in an active galaxy. It both saves my alliance time and wastes my enemies'. Handsdown its my alliance, they'll always be around me in some form or another but I strive to protect those who have no first resort.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 01:58   #33
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Till a round ago, the way the game was played, suggested that you would have to choose a group of people to have your backup.

The conflict between Alliance and Galaxies is very old and is very delicate.

People with short sight tend to rely on Galaxy and on friends than their own alliance. Foolish people tend to rely on their alliance only, Wise people tend to balance both and get the extra from their galaxy and their alliances.

As hard it may sound, having your galaxy and your buddy packs on your side is not only benefitial for your planet but on the overall for your alliance aswell.

Galaxy and buddy pack are usally awake at night and have direct way to report your incoming, because of their short ETA they usally can cover or help cover whats left if your alliance is unable to help. Usually individual will be allowed to cross defense ingalaxy even with ennemies planet if it benefit the 2 players. Galaxies and buddy packs if well played are a good card to the player and the alliance's players.

But when you get to chose between alliance or galaxy, always remember that a galaxy have at max 20 players and not all of them are online or actives. Your buddy pack have 4 more members to count on.

You alliance have ~70 players you can count on for defense. the more chance to get covered is by your alliance, that is if you are active and send defense and your alliance members arent selfish ****s.

Usually most players i been playing with are usually a certain amount of loyalty to their galaxy, and that sometime interfere with their duties as alliance players.

Anyway, i always state to my galaxy that my alliance come first and with all due respect, they shouldnt expect from me any help if their alliance should be ever in war with mine. I would do report their incoming but wouldnt send defense to them against my own alliance or even against a neutral alliance. The only time i would do defend them is if the attackers are hostile too, i would rather see the roids kept ingalaxy or see the hostile fleets crash on my fleets and get the salvage than see my own galaxy mate get roided. Of course if this player's alliance would benefit by keeping this roid, and this said alliance would benefit over my own alliance, i wouldnt defend.

Anyway, there is a lot of dynamic involved in it, but most important is that at the end of the day, your alliance end #1.
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 07:25   #34
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
My alliance or BPer's alliances usually can cope without my fleets. Of course, I offer them to both but I prefer to utilise the ETA 5 defence option between myself and the new players that have been lucky enough to land in an active galaxy. It both saves my alliance time and wastes my enemies'. Handsdown its my alliance, they'll always be around me in some form or another but I strive to protect those who have no first resort.
reinVENted do not def.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 10:23   #35
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

A right balance, like alch stated, is indeed needed. Why not be in a position where you can fall back on galaxy defence if the alliance can't cover it ...

On the other hand, if my galaxy appears to be hostile towards my alliance I'll have absolutely no problem to see my alliance deal with my own galaxy.

Tbh, in previous rounds I was a louzy galm8. I never defended and I couldn't give a fk about them. Lately, since my activity and playing skills have improved, I think I'd a good asset to any galaxy.
And if pple don't want me in their galaxy because of pure personal dislike then that is their problem, not mine

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Mar 2006, 10:27   #36
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
I fully support that, if I get to recruit Kj.

Otherwise I think it's a terrible idea and a decision should be delayed until a later date, one when I'm around to recruit him.
You Sir, will never recruit me !!

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Mar 2006, 11:18   #37
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
and found myself saving mazz a time or two... though I doubt he'll admit it anytime soon

Like you ever come online ;p

Lazy arsed squid.

And yes, three times iirc.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 12:39   #38
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
reinVENted do not def.
No shit. Not my only ally. Not my only round.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 13:36   #39
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And people saying galaxy won't end up getting into ND if they apply. :P

*edit*
Obviously we'd never ask our members to backstab their galmembers or do galraids on an ND gal, just hostile targets.
We don't even mind if our members DC (ingal) for galmembers that ND is attacking tbh. Atleast I don't.

I wasn't exiled last round tho jester? :P

Last edited by cura; 22 Mar 2006 at 13:42.
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 13:46   #40
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-CuRa
I never said galaxy was more important.

Quote:
*edit*
Obviously we'd never ask our members to backstab their galmembers or do galraids on an ND gal, just hostile targets.
We don't even mind if our members DC (ingal) for galmembers that ND is attacking tbh. Atleast I don't.

I wasn't exiled last round tho jester? :P
I think the former rather explains the latter.

You'll recall we did exile alch, who we suspected of leaking gal status information to Angels*.

* This just cemented the decision, he wasn't contributing anything to the galaxy so we threw him out once his 48 hours were up.
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 14:17   #41
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But people who apply and get turned down before round start, still have a chance to join when there are 4 days left and are quite big, so ND can finish higher?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 14:25   #42
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
But people who apply and get turned down before round start, still have a chance to join when there are 4 days left and are quite big, so ND can finish higher?
I don't recall of anybody applying that applied before. Nor would we recruit for score.
I hope you're not sore cause we rejected you? Twice?
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 14:30   #43
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I never said galaxy was more important.

I think the former rather explains the latter.

You'll recall we did exile alch, who we suspected of leaking gal status information to Angels*.

* This just cemented the decision, he wasn't contributing anything to the galaxy so we threw him out once his 48 hours were up.
alch was a scanner that round

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Mar 2006, 14:37   #44
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't recall of anybody applying that applied before. Nor would we recruit for score.
I hope you're not sore cause we rejected you? Twice?
I'm not sore at all, just a bit weird that 4 days before the round ends I got approached by some HC (from ND) who's asking me if I am in a tag etc. that's all
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 14:38   #45
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

Quote:
I'm not sore at all, just a bit weird that 4 days before the round ends I got approached by someone who's 'recruiting', that's all
then it was somebody that was acting on his own, as I would've rejected you yet a 3rd time :P

(nothing personal, just I don't recruit ppl who aren't planning on staying, nor for score)
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 14:46   #46
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
alch was a scanner that round
Yeah, we noticed.
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 14:50   #47
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
then it was somebody that was acting on his own, as I would've rejected you yet a 3rd time :P

(nothing personal, just I don't recruit ppl who aren't planning on staying, nor for score)
He was HC nonetheless And 3rd? show me in pm where i applied the 2nd time?
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 16:05   #48
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
No shit. Not my only ally. Not my only round.
Grab a beer and take it easy. Remember to sing with saig0ni when he next time sets up teh reinvented karaoke
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 16:13   #49
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

Quote:
He was HC nonetheless And 3rd? show me in pm where i applied the 2nd time?
a non-IAD HC asking you to join is the same as a member asking you to join tbh

as for the log, I'll check it when I'm back home, I'm at work atm
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 16:42   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

The poor ND HC who asked stoom to join