User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 16 Aug 2006, 22:59   #1
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Exilition please play next round please please please

I do not know if you have already decided, but without you playing it will be a very boring round and we can all assume who will win.

Please play and put an end to all of the "Exil can't play 2 rounds talk". With the dwindling playerbase, there are not many things to look forward to.

In fact, the only thing left to look forward to is seeing you guys win 2 times in a row. THINK ABOUT IT.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 23:17   #2
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Re: Exilition please play next round please please please

ppl always find something to whine about, chika. But i agree with you that pa need smore excitement. However, if exil plays, who wants to aim for #2 :/
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 23:51   #3
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

We'll try :o
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 00:05   #4
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I doubt there'll be any challenge next round as the playerbase continues shrinking.
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 00:55   #5
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

This is thank god my last round of PA.. I cant wait to get to sleep at nights, to do other things than worry about incs next tick and run around organising crap inside an alliance. Im burned out and when I feel its more work than fun to login to a planet, I stop playing.

Will be interesting to see Exilition play two rounds in a row. I belive they can make it, but in all honesty, this round the disputes that Subh,Escape and xVx started against omen was the ones that decided the round for Exilition. Anyone denying that fact have just been totally ignorant to this round's politics.
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 11:13   #6
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
This is thank god my last round of PA.. I cant wait to get to sleep at nights, to do other things than worry about incs next tick and run around organising crap inside an alliance. Im burned out and when I feel its more work than fun to login to a planet, I stop playing.

Will be interesting to see Exilition play two rounds in a row. I belive they can make it, but in all honesty, this round the disputes that Subh,Escape and xVx started against omen was the ones that decided the round for Exilition. Anyone denying that fact have just been totally ignorant to this round's politics.
I bet you are back in 2 rounds latest as nearly everyone who makes the effort to post a departing thread or something similar. I always laugh when I read those threads, its just like 90% a hopeless case for the people posting it

Was funny that Ziw even admitted to come back soon in his "retirement post" hehe.

back to the thread:

I really hope eXilition plays R19, autumn/winter are the best rounds imho.
And I hope 1up gets their old strength back to give us an awesome fight, as PA is unfortunately missing those battles atm.

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 12:03   #7
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:

After we received about 100 more calls from OMen than any other alliance it was sort of time to make a decision and do something about it.

And yeah dont go anywhere Kargool or i'l have to hunt you down and handcuff you back to your computer. Who released you anyway?
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 12:25   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
After we received about 100 more calls from OMen than any other alliance it was sort of time to make a decision and do something about it.

And yeah dont go anywhere Kargool or i'l have to hunt you down and handcuff you back to your computer. Who released you anyway?
Its the classical misinformation road we're going down yet again.

Escape and Omen didnt have many buddypacks together, both are active alliances and had good activity and good planets in the start.

We hit galaxies without Omen planets in it, and since Escape had alot of active planets they got hit because their galaxies were good targets.

I can with my hand on my heart most certainly tell you that there was no targetting campaign against Escape till after the big attack made by Escape /Subh/xVx.

The matter WAS discussed. Im not denying that fact, but we stayed to hitting galaxies because we didnt think early alliance targeting was going to be benefical.
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 15:32   #9
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

I dont think that our conflict had much to do with eXilition's victory. It did you lot wonderous favours long-term I think, and damaged us publically and privately.

We aren't active enough to launch a full scale operation against eXilition. This desiscion was purely based on firepower and not ambition. We wanted to, but couldn't do it.

Omen are without doubt the biggest succes of the round for me. I have the utmost respect for them after their recovery and management in the second half of the round. We, however, fell to the wayside after some pretty heavy political developments. We weren't ready to engage in such a one on one war such as the one we saw after subh cleverly manipulated both alliances and xvx switched to gal raids suddenly. I was glad at the time we were tested, however.

The omen raids were brilliant in numbers, and I didn't mind taking a beating, as you have to take one to learn how to give one; we have a lot of experience in escape, but not enough it seems, and that has to be earnt. I did however, mind taking subh's incs (who ran raids and organised fleetcatches unnoticed). Xvx weren't really an issue, but they cleverly kept quiet whilst an out-of-context log was circulated around. THAT is my inexperience that created the situation, and as a result we recieved hundreds of incs a night.

That, along with enough deserters/ship jumpers/ summer inactivity to kick a hole in any alliance, we struggled and had to downsize.

Omen have fight, skill and tenacity about them, and the relationship between our two alliances has dramatically improved since 'our' war.

As for the motives, I have told both sides our reason for hitting omen. I do not, however, think it was the greatest idea I've ever had long-term, but as there seems to be no long-term political scars, holding my hand up publically and stating that it wasn't the best desiscion is enough I think. Escape did, however, get to remove half a shit/dying playerbase.

I wish Omen the best of luck and I hope they cream subh.
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 15:56   #10
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

i wish we could have a few thousand more players and a lot more 65 men alliances... now that would be fun...
________
WATER BONGS

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 07:03.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 16:12   #11
add100
add

add100 has a spectacular aura aboutadd100 has a spectacular aura about

yer that wold atm the gals are just to small some times you get 2 allys hiting you at the same time so its so hard to def
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny

Last edited by add100; 17 Aug 2006 at 16:46.
add100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 20:48   #12
add100
add

i have to say esc put up a good war best time of my round if i do say for a new ally your doing well
looks like you got all the shit guys who run from an ally when it gos to war out... just have to say best for luck for next round and so on
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 00:58   #13
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

congrats to esc. im really impressed that you got stuckin to something this round.

virall relighree if i can u i wouldnt have the balls to stake it all for what u did i give lot of respect ot esc and omen

die subh

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 12:16   #14
add100
add

Talking Re: Exilition please play next round please please please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
I doubt there'll be any challenge next round as the playerbase continues shrinking.
maybe a free round wold get some more guys to come back
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 03:45   #15
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by add100
maybe a free round wold get some more guys to come back

This round was free for Heartless anyway
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 05:12   #16
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

How about hole PA take a big breake, then some time before X-mas, open its doors again. Mailing old e-mails database, because this can be done as far as I know. Because I received an mail about PA once.

Then offer the first 2 weeks free, then set acccount limitations into place, would maybe encourage some old timers to come back, or even just give it a try.

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 11:10   #17
add100
add

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHead
How about hole PA take a big breake, then some time before X-mas, open its doors again. Mailing old e-mails database, because this can be done as far as I know. Because I received an mail about PA once.

Then offer the first 2 weeks free, then set acccount limitations into place, would maybe encourage some old timers to come back, or even just give it a try.
hehe can pa not just do what pia do put some add's in and make it free alot of guys wold come back/.............
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 11:19   #18
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

if this really is all PA has to look forward to then perhaps the course of PA as a game has ran.

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 22:54   #19
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

They will play, I have it on good authourity that at this very moment they are busy installing remote access software in all their members for next rounds PC's and in Kargool's butt.

:-)

bet u a pound to a pinch of <brown stuff from the anus> I get my forum account closed for the above

Last edited by Judge; 20 Aug 2006 at 23:02.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 23:09   #20
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Judge again.

shame

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 23:19   #21
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Judge again.

shame
haha, cant bad rep me again, loser.

obvously you fear the truth
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 23:22   #22
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
They will play, I have it on good authourity that at this very moment they are busy installing remote access software in all their members for next rounds PC's and in Kargool's butt.

bet u a pound to a pinch of <brown stuff from the anus> I get my forum account closed for the above
To bad im quitting after this round :-D
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 23:32   #23
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Quote:
</3
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 00:05   #24
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge

Cheating cnuts cant get away with it for 2 rounds straight, Thats why they alternate there rounds. Shame were not all a bunch of sadcase loosers who cheat.
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 01:06   #25
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh dear oh dear oh dear
Unread 26 Aug 2006, 21:57   #26
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

ok so how did this thread turn from being about ex playin nxt round or not, onto karg quitting? Someone needs to learn that people dont give a shit about what your doing all the time :P
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2006, 06:07   #27
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
So are you saying that TGV actually has a chance to make top 5 next round?
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2006, 07:38   #28
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
You said that the last 3 rounds

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2006, 10:48   #29
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Well, given the rumors that Vision, Angels, LCH ++ other alliances are coming back the next round, the round might actually be interesting. Allthough I doubt it.
Unread 27 Aug 2006, 11:37   #30
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, given the rumors that Vision, Angels, LCH ++ other alliances are coming back the next round, the round might actually be interesting. Allthough I doubt it.
I just hope they return in full force

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 15:54   #31
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Right, I've now split the thread into two parts. The section on eXilition remains here, a discussion of XP for Round 19 has been moved to a new thread.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 18:06   #32
wielklem
retired

wielklem is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
hmm lch is not set to return to pa in full force untill our hc have the time to do so until then its up to you guys to try and win it from exi
r3-r5 nub r8-r17, r19 tot/lch nub, r20-r22 CT nub, r23 inactive ToF
wielklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 18:50   #33
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wielklem
hmm lch is not set to return to pa in full force untill our hc have the time to do so until then its up to you guys to try and win it from exi
ah poo you should have let them think that lch was comign back for a bit longer

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 19:43   #34
wielklem
retired

wielklem is an unknown quantity at this point

why would anyone think that anyway are there so many old and senile people playing pa?
r3-r5 nub r8-r17, r19 tot/lch nub, r20-r22 CT nub, r23 inactive ToF
wielklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 05:08   #35
DeadOps
Forever VisioN

DeadOps is an unknown quantity at this point

VsN shall rise again!
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 19:50   #36
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

heh,

In my wiev, playing a stagnated (shit) round is even more exhausting than playing a round when ur alliance/block gets bashed day on night off. The ppl I've talked with r quite more or less bored about how things r right now, no challenge, no nothing. Maybe next round would be worth playing again, perhaps not.. who the hell knows.

Personally in every game online or offline, I've always quit before reaching the primary goal after starting to feel the godlike supremerity of victory. Strategic games like Civilization & Ufo provided the safe/load feature which in the end always gave u the high odds unless u were completely outmaneuvered by the thinking machines from the beginning. Sure it was fun at first, but going through the same missions / tasks were in the long run just waste of time. So why bother? The ticker in PA ofc doesn't provide u this, however u go on playing for the sakes of ur comrades, hoping u'll not get kicked since maybe next round gives u the challenges u deserve. Maybe the game gets better, who knows?

As an old alliance leader I'd prefer fighting against impossible odds rather than seeing all possible opponents sulking in hatred fighting one another.

Games like these should end and begin again when the competition seizes to exist.

Gl eXil trying to make it 3/4...now there'd be a real challenge for sure

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Šragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)

Last edited by lizardking; 30 Aug 2006 at 20:25.
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 15:41   #37
Pennywiser
Xanadu

Pennywiser will become famous soon enoughPennywiser will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
heh,

In my wiev, playing a stagnated (shit) round is even more exhausting than playing a round when ur alliance/block gets bashed day on night off. The ppl I've talked with r quite more or less bored about how things r right now, no challenge, no nothing. Maybe next round would be worth playing again, perhaps not.. who the hell knows.

Personally in every game online or offline, I've always quit before reaching the primary goal after starting to feel the godlike supremerity of victory. Strategic games like Civilization & Ufo provided the safe/load feature which in the end always gave u the high odds unless u were completely outmaneuvered by the thinking machines from the beginning. Sure it was fun at first, but going through the same missions / tasks were in the long run just waste of time. So why bother? The ticker in PA ofc doesn't provide u this, however u go on playing for the sakes of ur comrades, hoping u'll not get kicked since maybe next round gives u the challenges u deserve. Maybe the game gets better, who knows?

As an old alliance leader I'd prefer fighting against impossible odds rather than seeing all possible opponents sulking in hatred fighting one another.

Games like these should end and begin again when the competition seizes to exist.

Gl eXil trying to make it 3/4...now there'd be a real challenge for sure
havent eXi won every rnd they have played 13, 15 and now 18, so they would be going for 4/4?
rd 5 [Xanadu]
rd 6 [Xanadu]
rd 7 [Xanadu] [Bull]
rd 8 [MadCowS] MO
rd 9 [MadCowS] MO
rd 15 [eXilition] DC
rd 16 [reinVENted]

Proud to be [Xanadu]

Last edited by Pennywiser; 31 Aug 2006 at 16:40.
Pennywiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 19:52   #38
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

hmm... In theory id love to bring my ally into the picture as far as planetarion goes. In practise though:
1. Peoples lives have changed, we have all gotten a lot older. 4-5 years is a long time.
2. Planetarion is pay to play.
3. It takes A LOT of time.

Why am I saying this? Because I think one or more of those points is the reason why you guys are having rounds like you are atm. I.e good alliances cant play anymore for one reason or another, and its beyond the shadow of a doubt that most of planetarions quality is inside eXilition atm, and _that_ is the reason why they win it. I dont think it would make a difference if they played every other round or 10 in a row tbh. Planetarion will only be fun for so long, and its amazing that it still is being played tbh.
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 21:05   #39
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
hmm... In theory id love to bring my ally into the picture as far as planetarion goes. In practise though:
1. Peoples lives have changed, we have all gotten a lot older. 4-5 years is a long time.
I think points 1 and 3 are sort of the same. People no longer have the time due to the changes they have gone through in the 4-5 years. I still have the time cause im a lazy bum.

The second point tho always makes me laugh. The price of 2 pints...for 2 months of play is a nominal fee and shouldnt stop anyone playing the game who actually wants to. IMO making it P2P only reduced the numbers of multi planets and those that didnt play the game activly.
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 22:41   #40
Geezer77
There's Only One United!!

Geezer77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
I think points 1 and 3 are sort of the same. People no longer have the time due to the changes they have gone through in the 4-5 years. I still have the time cause im a lazy bum.

The second point tho always makes me laugh. The price of 2 pints...for 2 months of play is a nominal fee and shouldnt stop anyone playing the game who actually wants to. IMO making it P2P only reduced the numbers of multi planets and those that didnt play the game activly.
Well said ChipZ^ about the P2P theory, it's just a reason used by most to complain how cheating is made more difficult, as you said £10 for 3 credits is not much, £5 for 1 is 2 and half pints where i live. It's loose change!!

'Death Smiles at us all, All a Man can do is Smile Back'
Geezer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 23:14   #41
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
As much as I agree; it still stops people from signing up :|
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 23:30   #42
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Why am I saying this? Because I think one or more of those points is the reason why you guys are having rounds like you are atm. I.e good alliances cant play anymore for one reason or another, and its beyond the shadow of a doubt that most of planetarions quality is inside eXilition atm, and _that_ is the reason why they win it. I dont think it would make a difference if they played every other round or 10 in a row tbh. Planetarion will only be fun for so long, and its amazing that it still is being played tbh.
The P2P is mainly just an excuse for many. Yeah sure there are people that have a problem paying it, but if they really wanted to play, they could get a credit. Every alliance I have been in has always had those guys that spam to give away credits before round.

I can agree that people got older. A lot of people were 16-17 when they started to play PA, now they are in thier 20's. Some out of college now etc. Surely they should be worried about keeping themselves in a warm place.

Also, I have to disagree with the "all the quality is in exilition". Thats quite false. Exilition is simply the alliance that cares the most at this point. Its sad because it changes the mold of the game, as one has to call them the best, when literally, they just put the most time into the game.
I don't know if thats good or bad.
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 09:15   #43
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Also, I have to disagree with the "all the quality is in exilition". Thats quite false. Exilition is simply the alliance that cares the most at this point. Its sad because it changes the mold of the game, as one has to call them the best, when literally, they just put the most time into the game.
I don't know if thats good or bad.
Lets have a look at 'quality' though:

'Quality' has been defined as who puts the most time into it for a long time. A few exceptions:
1. Rounds 1-3 when people were still learning the ropes of the game. In these rounds (especially round 1 and 2) we had a huge difference of who grasped the point of the game, and who didnt. And it wasnt necessarily those that spent the most time that won. (albeit that helped aswell)
2. The round pax was introduced. The changes to the game was so severe that it made almost all of us n00bs again. This round again it was possible to do well if u grasped the stats and mechanics better than the bulk.
3. The round Ascendancy won. We won the round from exploiting the stats. We weren't even close to being the most active.

Apart from that id say that quality is who puts the most time into it. Planetarion is not even close to being rocket science..
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 15:13   #44
WhiteSnake
Friday Night Poker \o/

WhiteSnake is infamous around these partsWhiteSnake is infamous around these parts

I´m coming back to play maybe my only round since I quit in r9. Since when PA became a p2p game (in r5) the whole community warned about more people leaving than coming. Its happening...

Its cheap, yes. There are credits, yes. But never like it was in rounds 3 and 4.

Proud to be Xanadu

Non-Retired PA evhul player

@ Omen \o/
WhiteSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 15:55   #45
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSnake
Since when PA became a p2p game (in r5) the whole community warned about more people leaving than coming. Its happening...
Well that was kind of obvious. The lazy people that joined "just for fun" (along with numerous multies\supportplanets) was bound to never sign up when u had to to pay for it, no matter the price.
The creators were however very much aware of this fact, the point of the sale was that they couldn't spend more of their time on the project for little or no payment. The mistake they made though (imo) was to sell it to Jolt. People like Idler who wanted to buy it and make it free (if I recall correctly), should of gotten to do just that.
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 16:47   #46
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Lets have a look at 'quality' though:

'Quality' has been defined as who puts the most time into it for a long time. A few exceptions:
1. Rounds 1-3 when people were still learning the ropes of the game. In these rounds (especially round 1 and 2) we had a huge difference of who grasped the point of the game, and who didnt. And it wasnt necessarily those that spent the most time that won. (albeit that helped aswell)
2. The round pax was introduced. The changes to the game was so severe that it made almost all of us n00bs again.
3. The round Ascendancy won. We won the round from exploiting the stats. We weren't even close to being the most active.

Apart from that id say that quality is who puts the most time into it. Planetarion is not even close to being rocket science..
I'd vouch for that. Although it isn't rocket science, it's still possible to screw with a defender's mind to a reasonable extent and to create complete carnage. People who are good with the stats and are creative with them, will always have fun though, no matter what their activity. I had a whale of a time this round when I bothered. I enjoyed planetarion this round. If you were playing competitively however, I don't see how you could have done and the game should be entertaining and difficult at every level.

The attraction of Planetarion should be that to do well at it requires a bit of effort, it is not easy and that you can have 'fun' along the way. Why? Because that makes it something worth winning.